X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are little kids reading this chatroom

Please keep that in mind when posting.

I was very surprised to hear 10-11 year old girls talking about comments they read on the talking soccer Oregon site. My daughter even asked if she could see it but, no way.

A lot of kids have internet access on their iPods and cell phones.

I know there will be criticism for parents letting kids access internet unsupervised, and I agree, but that's beside the point.

Please keep this in mind. Thanks.

Well, if they are lousy players, be sure to stay away from this site as we will be sure to point them out. Either that or tell them to develop some thick skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Well, if they are lousy players, be sure to stay away from this site as we will be sure to point them out. Either that or tell them to develop some thick skin.
      There it is! It didn't take long for A-hole to rear its head. It takes some kind of person to WANT to be critical of kids playing soccer, and of course doing it anonymously.

Comment

There it is! It didn't take long for A-hole to rear its head. It takes some kind of person to WANT to be critical of kids playing soccer, and of course doing it anonymously.
        If your kids are 10-11 then you should be managing their internet use.

Aren't you sort of calling the kettle black by anonymously calling someone an A-hole?

Comment

Sarcasm flies right by you doesn't it?

Comment

If an 11 year old has unfettered access to the internet, than finding this place is the best case scenario.

Comment

If an 11 year old has unfettered access to the internet, than finding this place is the best case scenario.
              Indeed. So if they read a comment about a certain team and how that team's midfield stinks and then they realize that they play midfield and they play it on that team, then I'm sure they can put 2 and 2 together and understand that they are being called out. Hey, it could be the best thing that can happen to them. They either quit or step up their game.

Comment

Indeed. So if they read a comment about a certain team and how that team's midfield stinks and then they realize that they play midfield and they play it on that team, then I'm sure they can put 2 and 2 together and understand that they are being called out. Hey, it could be the best thing that can happen to them. They either quit or step up their game.
                pretty sure previous poster was meaning that if this is the worst they find with unfettered than their doing pretty good. And that maybe it would be time for some adults actually acting like parents and doing some thing like restricting internet access for their kid.

Comment

pretty sure previous poster was meaning that if this is the worst they find with unfettered than their doing pretty good. And that maybe it would be time for some adults actually acting like parents and doing some thing like restricting internet access for their kid.
                  Indeed, I'm just being a smart alick.

Comment

Never does it cease to amaze me how anonymity excuses the notion that some sort of moral compass should be followed.

Comment

Never does it cease to amaze me how anonymity excuses the notion that some sort of moral compass should be followed.
                      I think you are late to have the bolt in your neck tightened.

Comment

Very disturbing that kids read this garbage.

Comment

More disturbing that parents fault the posters rather than themselves.

Comment

Please keep that in mind when posting.

I was very surprised to hear 10-11 year old girls talking about comments they read on the talking soccer Oregon site. My daughter even asked if she could see it but, no way.

A lot of kids have internet access on their iPods and cell phones.

I know there will be criticism for parents letting kids access internet unsupervised, and I agree, but that's beside the point.

Please keep this in mind. Thanks.
                            It's sad

Comment

How about more disturbing that you write this garbage

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X