Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Vancouver Timbers ever Grow UP?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Dude....don't worry about it.... There are less than 100 people reading and posting here on this forum.....people in Clark county have choice to play and are still choosing wash timbers.
    It's funny to hear every year how wash timbers lose "top" players yet still compete with all of the teams here locally very well. Wash timbers lose top players each year yet they grow in numbers. Trust me, wash timbers will be around they are not going anywhere.
    The loss of top players is mostly on the girls side where WT_FC is no longer competitive. The boys are trapped due to the HS season in WA. Unfortunately most of them aren't getting very good coaching... And WT_FC's "advanced comp" numbers are down this year over last - whole teams have left for FCSC and others, they no longer have "A" teams at GU14, GU18 and their GU12, GU13 and GU15 teams have each lost numerous very good players this year. But if you think they are doing fine, more power to you. Go have a drink with Sunny at McMenamins and keep polishing up those rose colored glasses.

Comment

Dude....don't worry about it.... There are less than 100 people reading and posting here on this forum.....people in Clark county have choice to play and are still choosing wash timbers.
      It's funny to hear every year how wash timbers lose "top" players yet still compete with all of the teams here locally very well. Wash timbers lose top players each year yet they grow in numbers. Trust me, wash timbers will be around they are not going anywhere.
      Trust you?! Almost everything you wrote is stuff you pulled out of your a**.

They grow because they swallowed other clubs.

Comment

The loss of top players is mostly on the girls side where WT_FC is no longer competitive. The boys are trapped due to the HS season in WA. Unfortunately most of them aren't getting very good coaching... And WT_FC's "advanced comp" numbers are down this year over last - whole teams have left for FCSC and others, they no longer have "A" teams at GU14, GU18 and their GU12, GU13 and GU15 teams have each lost numerous very good players this year. But if you think they are doing fine, more power to you. Go have a drink with Sunny at McMenamins and keep polishing up those rose colored glasses.
        Advanced Comp numbers are up over last year

Where did the "very good players" go? I'm quite sure they didn't go to your club.

Comment

Trust you?! Almost everything you wrote is stuff you pulled out of your a**.

They grow because they swallowed other clubs.
          Hmmm. Swallowed. Is that your word for Saved?

Timbers threw WSA a lifeline. That club was in financial crisis and would have lost almost all of their advanced comp teams to Timbers, FCSC and PDX teams if not for the Timbers "merging" with them.

Comment

Advanced Comp numbers are up over last year

Where did the "very good players" go? I'm quite sure they didn't go to your club.
            You can't count Tier 4 Burgundy, Ruby, etc. Those are really just expensive rec teams. And, actually, around 8-10 did go move to our club.

Comment

You can't count Tier 4 Burgundy, Ruby, etc. Those are really just expensive rec teams. And, actually, around 8-10 did go move to our club.
              But we got 12-14 of your best players! So we win. Again.

Comment

But we got 12-14 of your best players! So we win. Again.
                Yeah, that didn't happen. Like was posted earlier - NOBODY intentionally moves their kid TO WT_FC. They may start out there not knowing how screwed up it is, but the smart ones wise up quick and are gone within a year or two.

Comment

Not the question

Yes all clubs have problems but the promises made before and after the merge have not been kept so the question for the PARENTS not on the board is why are you just dropping your kids off at the fields and not getting involved to IMPROVE the situation and take advantage of the opportunity that you have?

Comment

Yes all clubs have problems but the promises made before and after the merge have not been kept so the question for the PARENTS not on the board is why are you just dropping your kids off at the fields and not getting involved to IMPROVE the situation and take advantage of the opportunity that you have?
                    The same can be said for every club in the Metro area. For those of us who have, you quickly realize that banging your head against the wall is frustrating and it hurts.

Comment

Yeah, that didn't happen. Like was posted earlier - NOBODY intentionally moves their kid TO WT_FC. They may start out there not knowing how screwed up it is, but the smart ones wise up quick and are gone within a year or two.
                      Ha Ha. You're laughable. Tell that to FCSC, THUSC, FC Portland, ET etc,etc,etc who all lost players to WA Timbers this year.

Swing by a training session sometime. You'd be surprised to see who's there.

Comment

bottomline is numbers and gross sales are up from last year. That is all that matters.

Vantucky will always lose top players with parents that think the grass is greener somewhere else.......it happens at every club.

Washington Timbers is the largest club in PDX. For them to be the largest club means having more drama and problems. Every club loses the same percentage of players each year.

You can't make everyone happy. There are always 10% of members that will be unhappy with what is going on, ALWAYS!

I understand that you are part of that 10% and I'm sure the Washington Timbers is sorry for your experience. Now move onto your second club this year and come back and let us know what your third club next year will be.

Regards,

PDX Soccer Junkie

Comment

Ha Ha. You're laughable. Tell that to FCSC, THUSC, FC Portland, ET etc,etc,etc who all lost players to WA Timbers this year.

Swing by a training session sometime. You'd be surprised to see who's there.
                          The only surprise at WT_FC is that more people don't run away as fast as they can. There are truly far too many gullible people in Vancouver.

Comment

Still not "getting it"

bottomline is numbers and gross sales are up from last year. That is all that matters.

Vantucky will always lose top players with parents that think the grass is greener somewhere else.......it happens at every club.

Washington Timbers is the largest club in PDX. For them to be the largest club means having more drama and problems. Every club loses the same percentage of players each year.

You can't make everyone happy. There are always 10% of members that will be unhappy with what is going on, ALWAYS!

I understand that you are part of that 10% and I'm sure the Washington Timbers is sorry for your experience. Now move onto your second club this year and come back and let us know what your third club next year will be.

Regards,

PDX Soccer Junkie
                            Yes every club has 'turn over" but where it the accountability for the Harmony debacle or the hiring of VG?

Yes I understand that banging your head against a wall as one parents is frustrating, been there done that! However I realized that getting involved required rounding up like mined persons and presenting an alternative to the status quo and that is how we changed the direction of a PDX area club for the better. Is it perfect now? Hardly, but it is not in a constant state of chaos either.

The "point" of this query is are there enough VT parents who are willing to take on the challenge and push the leadership, both at the Coaching level and the Board level, to STEP UP or step out of the way?

The fact that VT is a large organization is all the more reason why there should be a push for professionalism. With more customers you have a bigger responsibility to deliver on your promises and you have outgrown the previous management model's ability to deliver.

So who is up for the challenge? Buehler? Buehler?......Anybody?....Anybody?

Comment

Yes every club has 'turn over" but where it the accountability for the Harmony debacle or the hiring of VG?

Yes I understand that banging your head against a wall as one parents is frustrating, been there done that! However I realized that getting involved required rounding up like mined persons and presenting an alternative to the status quo and that is how we changed the direction of a PDX area club for the better. Is it perfect now? Hardly, but it is not in a constant state of chaos either.

The "point" of this query is are there enough VT parents who are willing to take on the challenge and push the leadership, both at the Coaching level and the Board level, to STEP UP or step out of the way?

The fact that VT is a large organization is all the more reason why there should be a push for professionalism. With more customers you have a bigger responsibility to deliver on your promises and you have outgrown the previous management model's ability to deliver.

Dude- -state the club your with. Right now. You won't because you know we could make a ton of flammatory comments about your club. Say the name of the club your kids play for. You won't because you are a pathetic coward who only hates on those you are jealous of. I'm sorry the Timbers consistently put out a better product than your club, but C'mon, get over it...

Comment

I'm interested. What are you asking people to do, exactly? Attend a meeting?

What is the leverage, exactly, that someone can have on the Timbers staff? We are talking about people who are paid to maintain status quo so what influence does a volunteer have?

I'm asking sincerely because I don't understand how the club is set up, who the DOCs answer to, etc. Hope not to get flippant responses from people.......

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X