Girls 02 Rankings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have more than 2 kids. We have been through rec and premier at multiple clubs and leagues. There is a lot of overlap and variability at every club. Find a team that is right for your kid and realize that there are changes especially at high school. Often players your kid might be playing against now, might be on your team soon. Try to be one happy family. I would say it would only help if more clubs would cooperate more but choice is definitely good! Been there, done that.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      It would be exactly the same if all those B team players were saving their $$ and playing Rec instead of club. The only reason most rec is so bad now is because the parents of almost every player who can walk & chew gum at the same time have switched their kid to club for the "prestige" (we've all seen those B & C team players wearing their club warm ups to school everyday) and then it's a domino effect with more & more kids switching to club to be with their friends and fellow decent players who've already switched. Once kids can play on their high school teams (jv included), almost all B team & below players drop out of club. Also, by high school, a bunch of kids tell their parents "I don't care about playing "club or your parental soccer dreams of me...". All the time & money spent on club leaves people psychologically unwilling to admit it's all a big sham for the non-elite players.
      It's only a sham if you expect that "B" team player to turn into a top D1 prospect! Otherwise I've personally seen club soccer completely transform my DD both physically and mentally to a level that would never have been accomplished from a rec structure. I don't care that she will not play collegiate soccer but she now has a passion for personal fitness and teamwork that will serve her well throughout the rest of her life. Sad you don't see the real "B" team value!

Comment

I don't know, is playing on THUSC, FCP's or any of the TA 3rd or 4th teams like playing rec? What's your point here? Probably better at BSC since their 3rd team lost in PKs in the semi's of the Pres Cup, so they look stronger than a lot of clubs 1st or 2nd teams.
        Were you at this game where you say they 'look' stronger or did you just look up the scores?

Comment

agree

It's only a sham if you expect that "B" team player to turn into a top D1 prospect! Otherwise I've personally seen club soccer completely transform my DD both physically and mentally to a level that would never have been accomplished from a rec structure. I don't care that she will not play collegiate soccer but she now has a passion for personal fitness and teamwork that will serve her well throughout the rest of her life. Sad you don't see the real "B" team value!
          Well said. Some people don't get it. I hope for there case there kids are gifted and outstanding players so they don't have to make parental decisions for the mental and psychological development of there kids.
          Signed,
          Guy who's kid goes to school in club jacket every day!!!

Comment

OR Representation??

So PacNW Classic is just around the corner... this is a high caliber tournament where are all the OR teams??

http://www.pacificnorthwestsoccerclu...d70361249.html

Comment

So PacNW Classic is just around the corner... this is a high caliber tournament where are all the OR teams??

http://www.pacificnorthwestsoccerclu...d70361249.html
              TA teams are continuing to hide out, as always.

Comment

TA teams are continuing to hide out, as always.
                I see THUSC and that's it for oregon why pick on timbers teams when it's everyone but thusc?

Comment

?

I see THUSC and that's it for oregon why pick on timbers teams when it's everyone but thusc?
                  Is it cause only the THUSC team can compete up north?

Comment

Is it cause only the THUSC team can compete up north?
                    OP here... no need to talk **** over it I am just surprised teams aren't taking advantage of it especially since there should be few OR club politics involved with this tourney. Any genuine feedback? Are clubs just not playing this time of year?

Comment

OP here... no need to talk **** over it I am just surprised teams aren't taking advantage of it especially since there should be few OR club politics involved with this tourney. Any genuine feedback? Are clubs just not playing this time of year?
                      Well for us, our coach doesn't do anything with our team this time of year, some of the girls are doing indoor and most are playing basketball. And yes we are a top 5 team.

Comment

Well for us, our coach doesn't do anything with our team this time of year, some of the girls are doing indoor and most are playing basketball. And yes we are a top 5 team.
                        That won't last long then, although it's easier to remain "top 5" in today's watered down leagues.

Comment

That won't last long then, although it's easier to remain "top 5" in today's watered down leagues.
                          The girls doing basketball will excel long term over the girls focusing at this age. Less injuries more diverse athletic development.

Comment

The girls doing basketball will excel long term over the girls focusing at this age. Less injuries more diverse athletic development.
                            Has never worked out that way in the past. Why would it be any different now?

Comment

Has never worked out that way in the past. Why would it be any different now?
                              I've been through two groups of girls and the multi sport girls are the ones that generally excel. Usually they commit mid high school but still dabble.

Talk to medical professionals and find out who gets the least injuries. Kids that concentrate are at much higher risk for injuries. Girls bodies develop much differently than boys.

Don't take my word on it. Talk to physios you trust.

Comment

I've been through two groups of girls and the multi sport girls are the ones that generally excel. Usually they commit mid high school but still dabble.

Talk to medical professionals and find out who gets the least injuries. Kids that concentrate are at much higher risk for injuries. Girls bodies develop much differently than boys.

Don't take my word on it. Talk to physios you trust.
                                In the real world it's the kids that are committed that become the very best. Those that "dabble" in multiple sports might be good but they never become the best at any of them. Having said that, there are only a very few (less than 10) in Oregon at each age that have the potential to get to the "very best" level so for 99% "dabbling" is just fine.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X