Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I just checked the records of the showcase teams. I would be embarrassed to travel all the way to San Diego and play a 4 win 27 loss team. SHOWCASE IS HORRIBLE!
    Easy to check those records when your kids team is only participating in 3v3 tournaments over the summer. Have fun with that and remember to feed the kids orange slices in between games. Gotta hydrate!

Comment

Easy to check those records when your kids team is only participating in 3v3 tournaments over the summer. Have fun with that and remember to feed the kids orange slices in between games. Gotta hydrate!

Ha, too true. If they had the opportunity to go they would have.

Comment

Ha, too true. If they had the opportunity to go they would have.
        All you needed was money, everyone from da could go. Those brackets are pay and play! Not EARNED!

Comment

All you needed was money, everyone from da could go. Those brackets are pay and play! Not EARNED!

That's what all butt-hurt parents say. Your FSPL teams should be announced by know, go back to your own thread and complain about not making the black team.

Comment

That's what all butt-hurt parents say. Your FSPL teams should be announced by know, go back to your own thread and complain about not making the black team.
            There's DA playoff bracket and showcase bracket. All teams not in the former compete in the later. Same with ECNL. Some teams opt not to go, especially the oldest teams already recruited and off to college, but all included.

Comment

what if hounds chase oldest TEAMix PLAY$core goals?¡

what if BRACKET$lip pROXY oven fRYE bread crumbles?¡

WHAT IF PIE CHART$lip DEMO$trip CARShip CATShop?¡

HOTapes TIN MAN tea $POTrains cylinder DIRTY organs.

THUNDER SHIRTape PETcoILshamBUG$ky last man can.

STAND FIRM on BASIC SIMPLE FORMULA$kinTEX KIDS.

IF your PETS are smoking....call for help FASTrip.

Comment

There's DA playoff bracket and showcase bracket. All teams not in the former compete in the later. Same with ECNL. Some teams opt not to go, especially the oldest teams already recruited and off to college, but all included.
                Surprised at the amount of older teams in SD that went with their top kids. Heard from a friend who has a kid going to semi-finals. Kid didn't want to go (already committed to a top college/soccer school, expense, etc.). A couple of the kids wanted to opt out.

Coach told the kids to not come back to the team or practice. Said if you aren't committed to this club, to your team and teammates, we aren't committed to you. Guess what? Kids are there.

Comment

Surprised at the amount of older teams in SD that went with their top kids. Heard from a friend who has a kid going to semi-finals. Kid didn't want to go (already committed to a top college/soccer school, expense, etc.). A couple of the kids wanted to opt out.

Coach told the kids to not come back to the team or practice. Said if you aren't committed to this club, to your team and teammates, we aren't committed to you. Guess what? Kids are there.
                  and there is another way? You play DA, and plan on going to a top D-I, then you play in all events unless you are on campus early to take summer classes. The college coach expects that you are playing at a high level until you hit preseason.

Comment

There is not a choice in ECNL. If you make the playoffs you must attend. There is no choice for a club. I would the think the same holds true for DA. If you don't send a team then you get kicked out of ECNL and DA.

Comment

and there is another way? You play DA, and plan on going to a top D-I, then you play in all events unless you are on campus early to take summer classes. The college coach expects that you are playing at a high level until you hit preseason.
                      I heard the same too. I know of a couple of the teams where most of the seniors backed out. Daughter's future teammate told her. She went.
                      How do you do that to your team and your teammates? How did US Soccer allow it?

Comment

There is not a choice in ECNL. If you make the playoffs you must attend. There is no choice for a club. I would the think the same holds true for DA. If you don't send a team then you get kicked out of ECNL and DA.
                        What a crazy sport? What other sport would put up with such bullsh#t? The clubs where the kids gave their teammates, the club and US Soccer the middle finger should get fined. It's not the kids; it's the Clubs for allowing it.
                        Those teams took spots that maybe other clubs or teams would have appreciated being part of something bigger then them as individuals. Doesn't matter the league; they took spots. Other sports would not allow the team next season to participate. that's how you stop it from happening.

Comment

What a crazy sport? What other sport would put up with such bullsh#t? The clubs where the kids gave their teammates, the club and US Soccer the middle finger should get fined. It's not the kids; it's the Clubs for allowing it.
                          That is where I disagree. it's the kids and their parents too. Bad karma. It will follow them.

Comment

I heard the same too. I know of a couple of the teams where most of the seniors backed out. Daughter's future teammate told her. She went.
                            US soccer allow anything right now. They are desperately trying to stop the bleeding

Comment

US soccer allow anything right now. They are desperately trying to stop the bleeding
                              You are all idiots. This is not a DA phenomenon, ECNL, RPL... all leagues suffer this from their seniors and I'm pretty sure you know that. Same crap being said about that ecnl age group going to Seattle. Quit being so obtuse in slights, you're not fooling anyone.

Worry more why more coaches/quality schools still come to DA over ecnl.

Comment

Thanks dad. Anymore scoops from the sidelines?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X