Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Center of Excellence, yes its at NYCFC, that’s about it....RB are good too, see a link??
    not all kids are trying to play bda soccer though

Comment

Best training for the money is GSSC hands down. It is very hard to get in though and the timings are all over. My daughter is older now but Gary was her trainer when she was younger and I get in his place whenever we can. He does small group training up to 6 kids max.
      Guy is not responsive. Don't bother.

Comment

Guy is not responsive. Don't bother.
        Would you compare the center of excellence PDP to the RDS Regional teams? Which has a tougher tryout with better competition?

Comment

Would you compare the center of excellence PDP to the RDS Regional teams? Which has a tougher tryout with better competition?
          Three different things embedded there.

CoE is supplemental paid training. Tryout based and high level.
          NYCSL PDP is invitation only "all star" teams. Also tryout based but draws from both CoE and DOC recommendations. Supplemental free training but may lead to tournament opportunities.
          RDS regional is a team.

Have not done last so don't know how to compare vs other two. Obvs PDP > CoE as it draws from that pool.

Comment

Three different things embedded there.

CoE is supplemental paid training. Tryout based and high level.
            NYCSL PDP is invitation only "all star" teams. Also tryout based but draws from both CoE and DOC recommendations. Supplemental free training but may lead to tournament opportunities.
            RDS regional is a team.

Have not done last so don't know how to compare vs other two. Obvs PDP > CoE as it draws from that pool.
            RDS regional team > COE

COE is not very competitive.

Comment

RDS regional team > COE

COE is not very competitive.
              COE is just training...Top training but just that...

Comment

COE is just training...Top training but just that...
                YEs. All depends on what the player is looking for.

Comment

I found a nomination email from JC that explains PDP a bit... 40 players across LI, NY, CT is I think fewer than the aggregate RDS regional teams, so my guess would be PDP>RDS Regional>CoE (but CoE is very good!)

Dear Coaches & Officials

The NYCSL PDP is now collecting nominations for inclusion in the 2017/18 Player Development Program. If you have any players in your team born between 2008 & 2002, that you feel would benefit from involvement with the PDP, please feel free to nominate them using the link below.

2017/18 US Club Soccer PDP Nominations - [link removed]

From previous nominations and various events over the course of the last 3 years, we now have approximately 40 players in each age group that we consider PDP level players. Of these multiple girls and boys were recently nominated for involvement in US Club Soccer’s id2 program.

The PDP is a vital developmental step within US Club Soccer’s player pathway. Progression from PDP into the national id2 program is now the preferred route for id2 directors and many NYCSL PDP players from previous cycles, have advanced into id2 events. Nominations from PDP Directors hold more weight than individual club DOC’s and clubs wishing to give their players access to the amazing opportunity of id2, should always transition through PDP to optimize their player’s chances of selection.

In order to be considered for the PDP program, I would welcome all clubs who have not yet done so, to nominate any players who they feel would benefit from inclusion within the PDP. The deadline for this Fall’s nominations for players born in birth years 2002 – 2008 is September 14th.

As always if you have any questions whatsoever regarding the PDP, Club Development, or anything else relating to youth soccer, please feel free to reach out.

Thank you for your continued support of the NY Club Soccer League.

Kind Regards

John

Comment

my son is invited for PDP summer camp on LI.

Comment

my son is invited for PDP summer camp on LI.
                      congratulations.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X