Clear All

so no passions then?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      so no passions then?
      Will it has it? NO!

Comment

Another loser drinking the USSF koolaid. 99.9% of the players on the girls side will stop playing soccer after high school. This is a fact. They play soccer for all the right reasons - to stay in shape, learn how to work as a team, learn how to be a gracious winner and a good loser, learn how to fight to achieve a goal. GDA has one goal - to develop players to play professionally in a country where soccer is a "C" level sport - and that's on the men's side. When was the last time someone paid to go to a women's professional soccer team.
        Sure we watch the olympics and world cup women's teams - our men's teams are crap otherwise people would be watching them. Bottom line is that GDA nothing to offer these kids - its a boot camp run by a failed institution.
        Our men's team is not crap. Poor coaching and poor management, but not crap.

GDA and ECNL on SFL is crap.

Comment

so no passions then?
          Passion for your money. ECNL could have a future in FL, just not with these people running it.

Comment

Another loser drinking the USSF koolaid. 99.9% of the players on the girls side will stop playing soccer after high school. This is a fact. They play soccer for all the right reasons - to stay in shape, learn how to work as a team, learn how to be a gracious winner and a good loser, learn how to fight to achieve a goal. GDA has one goal - to develop players to play professionally in a country where soccer is a "C" level sport - and that's on the men's side. When was the last time someone paid to go to a women's professional soccer team.
            Sure we watch the olympics and world cup women's teams - our men's teams are crap otherwise people would be watching them. Bottom line is that GDA nothing to offer these kids - its a boot camp run by a failed institution.
            I happen to agree with ^ 100%, although more than .1% will continue on to play in college

Comment

I happen to agree with ^ 100%, although more than .1% will continue on to play in college
              I happen to not agree , now what? Who wins?

Comment

I happen to not agree , now what? Who wins?
                Is true you both seem to has the passion. I say both wins

Comment

This number wouldn't be accurate even if you counted all the girls who start playing at 4 and 5 years old and up in recreational programs.

If you are counting players who bother to play travel soccer the number is much higher. It's not a "high" number but since the NCAA puts out statistics that 2-4% of HS players end up playing in college and the majority of top HS players are also playing for clubs. There are only 10 times more girls in HS soccer than in college soccer. The true number in that respect would be somewhere between 20 and 100 times higher than the guess you calculated to strengthen your argument. You can do simple math and look at the number of HS soccer players and number of college players and see that 0.1% is a laughable number. Plus there aren't THAT many girls playing soccer to support a 0.1% claim if you crunch the numbers. Unless you think there are 39 million soccer playing girls in our country at any given time (hint: that's more than 10 times the number of youth participation for girls AND boys nationally).

Also your analogy would be akin to someone saying "My daughter took karate at age 5 but never attained her blackbelt." or "My daughter took dance class when she was six but never ended up dancing in a ballet troupe." I mean yeah . . . no sh*t. There's a big difference between drawing in a coloring book in pre-school and attending a high level art school when it comes to judging the aptitude for a career in the arts. But either way, your initial statement, which you use as the basis of your entire argument, fails spectacularly. You should have just left it as an opinion post rather than trying to support it with made up statistics.

Comment

Our men's team is not crap. Poor coaching and poor management, but not crap.

GDA and ECNL on SFL is crap.
                    NO, they are indeed crap. The squad's only chance is to get rid of all the have-beens and never-weres and bring in the young guys.

Comment

NO, they are indeed crap. The squad's only chance is to get rid of all the have-beens and never-weres and bring in the young guys.
                      I think you have already seen the changing of the guard. Though we are really young right now and need a bit more seasoning before the next World Cup qualifying round. With the huge influx of US players overseas, I expect much deeper, high quality player pools in the future.

Comment

Is true you both seem to has the passion. I say both wins
                        Do they haz the passions? They don't seem too passionate. :(

Comment

We will be fine

Comment

Will it has it?
                            It will have passion like this club where Alan Hough As New Technical Director https://ssl.demosphere.com/scripts/r...NDX+NDX+497057 or like this one https://www.orlandocitysc.com/post/2...emy-facilities

Comment

Yes they have the passions and lots of PRIDE!

Comment

But unfortunately no common sense.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X