Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Could maybe reach an agreement this summer and then phase it in over next season?
    With the fields scheduled to be ready this fall (are they on schedule?), it sounds like the timeline needs to be shorter. We will see what happens

Comment

With the fields scheduled to be ready this fall (are they on schedule?), it sounds like the timeline needs to be shorter. We will see what happens
      "Project is in construction with completion anticipated late fall of 2018." Fields probably wouldn't be ready for the start of the season that shouldn't hold up any exploratory discussions about mergers/alliances/agreements, etc.

Comment

Reading this article about C.S.'s past at CASL almost makes me think that there was a larger plan at work when he landed at TBU a few years ago.
        Seems a little too coincidental that K.W. just came to WFF with a background at CASL too.

Comment

Seems a little too coincidental that K.W. just came to WFF with a background at CASL too.
          besides K.W. connection to CASL, S.S. also coached there, and many other have even traveled to North Carolina so there you have it.

Comment

Was just told GA soccer forum is chatting about KW and her background go check it out. Fun reading I was told.

Comment

Was just told, I was told.. really weak, but I’ll bite,
              Fake article from a disgruntled parent.
              GA parents already sniffed it out as BS.

Comment

Was just told GA soccer forum is chatting about KW and her background go check it out. Fun reading I was told.
                Sorry for joining late to this - who is KW and what is CASL?

Comment

Sorry for joining late to this - who is KW and what is CASL?
                  Ok I found the info - was easier to find than I thought sorry...

http://fcflames.com/rotator-articles/kacey-white

I'm assuming that this is CASL?
                  https://caslsoccer.org/

Comment

Ok I found the info - was easier to find than I thought sorry...

http://fcflames.com/rotator-articles/kacey-white

I'm assuming that this is CASL?
                    https://caslsoccer.org/
                    CASL (Capitol Area Soccer League),which is now NCFC North Carolina Football Club (NC Courage), is in Raleigh, NC.

Comment

Something is definitely going down. That project is going to need a mega club to support it and will be done this year. If the WFF don't figure this out, their little tiny club in the middle of Brandon will be left in the dust. Or what's left of it already. If they haven't figured out what's going on in their own backyard it would be par for the course for how they've done things in the past.
                      I heard the two clubs are scheduling a meeting for after the end of GDA and ECNL playoffs this week.

Comment

I heard the two clubs are scheduling a meeting for after the end of GDA and ECNL playoffs this week.
                        Sure buddy

Comment

I heard the same thing

Comment

In Seattle I heard that WFF requested a meeting with TBU to explore alternatives.

Comment

In Seattle I heard that WFF requested a meeting with TBU to explore alternatives.
                              It does make you wonder what's possible/desirable. WFF struggled in ECNL and now struggles even more in GDA. TBU has declared itself an "all-in ECNL club." Maybe one scenario is that WFF and TBU merge into one united club that concentrates on success in ECNL (WFF walks away from GDA) and the united club establishes as a powerhouse in ECNL. That would leave IMG as the only club with GDA on the West coast of Florida and through time maybe the united club re-joins GDA after the dust settles and has success in ECNL.

Or, the WFF/TBU united club tries to keep GDA and ECNL next year but that seems like a bit of a stretch, talent-wise, and sort of perpetuates the current situation with a dilution of talent in the Tampa Bay region.

Or the WFF/TBU united club walks away from ECNL and focuses on GDA but it is hard to picture TBU signing up for that.

Comment

It does make you wonder what's possible/desirable. WFF struggled in ECNL and now struggles even more in GDA. TBU has declared itself an "all-in ECNL club." Maybe one scenario is that WFF and TBU merge into one united club that concentrates on success in ECNL (WFF walks away from GDA) and the united club establishes as a powerhouse in ECNL. That would leave IMG as the only club with GDA on the West coast of Florida and through time maybe the united club re-joins GDA after the dust settles and has success in ECNL.

Or, the WFF/TBU united club tries to keep GDA and ECNL next year but that seems like a bit of a stretch, talent-wise, and sort of perpetuates the current situation with a dilution of talent in the Tampa Bay region.

Or the WFF/TBU united club walks away from ECNL and focuses on GDA but it is hard to picture TBU signing up for that.
                                This is a very good evaluation of all possibilities. My 2 cents would only state that YYs ties to US Soccer (beyond GDA) would require he be removed completely before any part of the merger to happen. Not that anybody affiliated with WFF would mind that.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X