Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How about OC misleading players to go to OC, only to lose it the following year. OC cares about no one but OC.
    So the player gets the experience of playing ECNL for a year, and then they can go back to their previous club the next year. If they are good, they won't have a problem making the team. How does that hurt the player? If your club is using that to keep your child from trying out for ECNL, you need to find a different club. And if you think your current club will hold a grudge against your daughter for playing ECNL for a year, you need to find a different club.

If ECNL drops a club after they have already held tryouts and selected a team, that is ECNL's fault. If they intended to drop any of the clubs for next year, they should have already announced it. They shouldn't allow a club to hold ECNL tryouts if they aren't going to have a team the next year.

Comment

So the player gets the experience of playing ECNL for a year, and then they can go back to their previous club the next year. If they are good, they won't have a problem making the team. How does that hurt the player? If your club is using that to keep your child from trying out for ECNL, you need to find a different club. And if you think your current club will hold a grudge against your daughter for playing ECNL for a year, you need to find a different club.

If ECNL drops a club after they have already held tryouts and selected a team, that is ECNL's fault. If they intended to drop any of the clubs for next year, they should have already announced it. They shouldn't allow a club to hold ECNL tryouts if they aren't going to have a team the next year.
      Nothing wrong with ECNL, it is OC that is horrible. Why waste a year at a poor club not getting better.

Comment

Maybe you shouldn't have tryouts till season is almost over especially if you think there could be any chance of ECNL being pulled from club.

Comment

Maybe you shouldn't have tryouts till season is almost over especially if you think there could be any chance of ECNL being pulled from club.
          They are having the tryouts in May. How much closer to the end of the season do you want them to wait?

Comment

There wouldn't be a problem if OC wasn't such a poorly run club.

Comment

They aren't working to help the kids in the soccer community, they are trying to save their own butts. The irony is Orlando City just seems to want the better kids, not all the rec. if I were the coalition I would be more concerned about who needs the money that those rec kids generate for their club to run. OC has cash.
              OCYS thinks the whole world is all about OCYS...

Comment

The Coalition distorted facts in order to prevent OC from having access to the fields. You won't admit it, but that is what happened. I don't blame the other clubs for wanting to have access to the fields. But you used the same tactics you accuse OC of using, so stop acting like you are morally superior to OC. You don't like OC, and you will do anything you can to try to destroy them, even if it hurts the local youth soccer community. Just be honest about it.

And the Coalition says they don't want OC to provide free soccer to underprivileged kids even if the programs are done through the local schools. How does preventing these programs benefit the youth soccer community?
                Except, the Coalition said no such thing. They want OC to fulfill their agreement without using it to gain unfair monopoly on public fields. Very simple. So simple it was abundantly clear to the County Commission and so transparent that big Phil went into full retreat.

Comment

ECNL is the best league in the nation.

ECNL will make sure the standard is high and will continue to be high.

College coaches flock to the ECNL national events.... but Disney still getting D-III coaches.

The ECNL is not good to those on the outside looking in...

DA
                  ECNL
                  PRO TEAM

How many other clubs in the nation can offer that?

Comment

Nothing wrong with ECNL, it is OC that is horrible. Why waste a year at a poor club not getting better.
                    HAHAHA ... because 50 coaches watch my daughter whenever she steps on the field. Because college coaches don't pay any attention to where a team is ranked nor do they pay attention to the score any more than they do at an ID camp. They are watching individual players and doing so more than once.

I hate to break it to you but ECNL is not about winning. Is it nice? Absolutely but it is about competing and showing in front of college coaches. If it was all about winning players wouldn't be playing 50% of the time in the showcases.

If your coach is sitting people in a showcase environment it proves they are both clueless and classless.

OC isn't losing ECNL nor are they on probation any longer or whatever idle threat FKK can come up with.

Comment

Encased in your purple bubble, apparently you don't know that other clubs have free clinics, donate equipment and do their part in community outreach. Of course, since Phil and OCYS expect a financial or goodwill return on these otherwise routine actions, your club must promote and advertise these actions as if you were only source of good deeds in Orlando.

Everyone sees through it.
                      PR is an arsehole but the other guys in Orlando make him look like a Saint. SMH at how stupid, yes stupid, you people are. Seriously, please find a life in the real world.

Comment

HAHAHA ... because 50 coaches watch my daughter whenever she steps on the field. Because college coaches don't pay any attention to where a team is ranked nor do they pay attention to the score any more than they do at an ID camp. They are watching individual players and doing so more than once.

I hate to break it to you but ECNL is not about winning. Is it nice? Absolutely but it is about competing and showing in front of college coaches. If it was all about winning players wouldn't be playing 50% of the time in the showcases.

If your coach is sitting people in a showcase environment it proves they are both clueless and classless.

OC isn't losing ECNL nor are they on probation any longer or whatever idle threat FKK can come up with.
                        It still amazes me that you actually believe some of the goofy hype. take a step back and look at it a little objectively because I know you have no more actual contact with these coaches than any other person - don't lie!).. so you believe they don't take into account the fact that they are not a winning team... they only care about looking at a person. well let me tell you that they are looking for players that can play and win as part of a team. if this group of girls can't produce wins or minimally ties... then you my friend are seriously deliriously drinking the koolaid. or perhaps in the end you'll be the one saying "but most of the girls are going to DI..." but in actuality yours isn't. perhaps you are just one of those parents that believe clinging to this club might pay off.

Comment

Except, the Coalition said no such thing. They want OC to fulfill their agreement without using it to gain unfair monopoly on public fields. Very simple. So simple it was abundantly clear to the County Commission and so transparent that big Phil went into full retreat.
                          Yes, they did say that. Here is the quote from their email (again), "These programs, if implemented, should be held on school grounds and existing clubs within 15 miles of the schools should be given the opportunity to provide these programs."

They don't want OC to have access to the fields to run the programs, and they said if they are implemented they should be held on school grounds, and the clubs within 15 miles of the schools should have the "opportunity" to provide them. In other words, they want to be paid for it. It's clear they don't want OC to run the programs. They would rather for them to not be implemented at all, then to have OC run them. Very simple.

Comment

It still amazes me that you actually believe some of the goofy hype. take a step back and look at it a little objectively because I know you have no more actual contact with these coaches than any other person - don't lie!).. so you believe they don't take into account the fact that they are not a winning team... they only care about looking at a person. well let me tell you that they are looking for players that can play and win as part of a team. if this group of girls can't produce wins or minimally ties... then you my friend are seriously deliriously drinking the koolaid. or perhaps in the end you'll be the one saying "but most of the girls are going to DI..." but in actuality yours isn't. perhaps you are just one of those parents that believe clinging to this club might pay off.
                            Just because you wrote it doesn't make it true. I know who the 17s and 16s are speaking with. Maybe not UNC because they don't have that kind of talent but they are speaking and visiting Div I schools. Go ahead and post the goal differential for those two teams and then look at where those girls commit. Just sayin.

If your girl has UNC talent then go ahead and take your chances elsewhere. Mine doesn't and will take the 10 or so invites she gets from playing in front of schools during showcases.

Comment

Just because you wrote it doesn't make it true. I know who the 17s and 16s are speaking with. Maybe not UNC because they don't have that kind of talent but they are speaking and visiting Div I schools. Go ahead and post the goal differential for those two teams and then look at where those girls commit. Just sayin.

If your girl has UNC talent then go ahead and take your chances elsewhere. Mine doesn't and will take the 10 or so invites she gets from playing in front of schools during showcases.
                              "10 or so invites"... Is that what the English are selling these days? Clearly, you have little perspective on just how many players are competing for the same limited openings every year. Unless you count Stetson and St. Leo among those powerhouse "invites".

Comment

50 coaches on your sideline? I thought it was 600? Anyway, 50 coaches standing on a sideline doesn't translate into 50 coaches watching your kid. I know it's a great ego trip to believe it, and it sounds super in your Christmas letter every year. But you folks who swallow the line from OC that "it's all about the patch" are in for a rude and bitter awakening. It takes a lot more.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X