NE Surf ECNL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was going to post something making fun of the guy that seems to know a lot about girls soccer. but holy crap hats off to you you know your stuff

Comment

My kid got caught up in the ECNL-DA debacle so I took an interest in the landscape in order to make the best possible decision. And truthfully I find the business side of it kind of interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Why does NEFC girls have a chance?
        Everyone knows JD will never give the approval and if you think otherwise I have a nice ocean front property for you in Vermont

Comment

Everyone knows JD will never give the approval and if you think otherwise I have a nice ocean front property for you in Vermont
          I agree with you totally! These delusional Surf parents who were promised ECNL by coaches when they switched over from GPS are going to be so disappointed in the upcoming years for sure. The only 2 clubs that have even a 5% of getting into ECNL in the next 10 years are:

NEFC 5.1%
          Surf 5%

Comment

Club with quality high-level teams at all age groups that could compete in the league right away. The other non-ECNL clubs in MA are not at the same level across the board. Not saying it will happen, but if another club gets in, that’s who it should be based on quality.

And no, I’m not an NEFC parent. My kid plays for Stars.
            I believe you are talking about NEFC's reputation, not reality. Across the board, they are not the dominant club in the league they are in.

Comment

I believe you are talking about NEFC's reputation, not reality. Across the board, they are not the dominant club in the league they are in.
              not op but i'd say its tough to tell given the restrictions on who they play. At some age groups they need to be challenged more. 07s for example still wont play nysc for a few months, so its just beating up seacoast and oakwood for now.

Comment

not op but i'd say its tough to tell given the restrictions on who they play. At some age groups they need to be challenged more. 07s for example still wont play nysc for a few months, so its just beating up seacoast and oakwood for now.
                Not that hard. Just look at the last two years and then what they played so far this year across all the ages. Top half of their leagues, but not the best, across all their age groups.

Comment

What is Surf promising on the boys side? What do they have to sell the boys parents on?

Comment

only 2 clubs that have the smallest chance like 1% of getting into ECNL. Surf and NEFC. The rest of the clubs in the northeast aren't good enough.

Comment

only 2 clubs that have the smallest chance like 1% of getting into ECNL. Surf and NEFC. The rest of the clubs in the northeast aren't good enough.
                      Can someone show me anything that shows:

1) Surf in New England has any legit leg to stand on to get in
                      2) NEFC is better than their competition across their age groups.

Comment

Question - who was in ECNL first? Stars or Scorpions? If Stars, then how/why did they let Scorpions in?
                        Learn your history. Scorpions U17 were in the ECNL finals in 2013. They had a bunch of talented teams before Mazar bought off Brendan Boates, not to mention the Mewis sisters wen through there before that. Once Boates took all the young talent, it took a long time for them to recover.

Comment

Learn your history. Scorpions U17 were in the ECNL finals in 2013. They had a bunch of talented teams before Mazar bought off Brendan Boates, not to mention the Mewis sisters wen through there before that. Once Boates took all the young talent, it took a long time for them to recover.
                          Sorry, U19; 2012; lost in pks i think. there are youtube videos out there

Comment

Sorry, U19; 2012; lost in pks i think. there are youtube videos out there
                            Recency bias is a real thing. Scorpions had tons of talent when they went into the ECNL before Fred lost his mind and mismanaged them into the ground with his erratic behavior and coaching turnover. Now that they are in new hands they should be fine.

Comment

Recency bias is a real thing. Scorpions had tons of talent when they went into the ECNL before Fred lost his mind and mismanaged them into the ground with his erratic behavior and coaching turnover. Now that they are in new hands they should be fine.
                              Fred is an odd duck

Does everyone know that Fred was fired from his Police Sgt. Job and his High School Coaching job around 2008, he didn’t really retire it was either he retired or they fired him

https://www.wickedlocal.com/article/...NEWS/306189340

Comment

Fred is an odd duck

Does everyone know that Fred was fired from his Police Sgt. Job and his High School Coaching job around 2008, he didn’t really retire it was either he retired or they fired him

https://www.wickedlocal.com/article/...NEWS/306189340
                                Talk about an odd duck have you been holding on to this for 12 years?
                                This was talked about during that time a lot. Seems like he has changed a little bit since then. He’s also not coaching the top teams any more.

I hope people read this article. Doesn’t really make FM look that bad. The arresting officer doesn’t look that great. The officer seems pretty bent on getting this girl. Grabbing her out of a running car for underage drinking. He could have simply let her go and get her later. If she dropped her purse there probably was some ID in it. Also he could have got the license plate and called it in and to be let a car go that good possibly been driven by some that has been drinking. Just a side note this girl was a track star also.
                                he couldn’t have grabbed one of the other 10 kids that ran away?
                                The officer also said he doesn’t know where she got the bloody nose but it could have been for the fall at first. Doesn’t say it could have been from him wrestling with her on the ground.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X