Can Bayside...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who cares about littles from RI? Nobody.

That’s a lot of defensive comments coming from these people or this person. Hmmmm
    This thread was about bayside in RI, right? but went into a strange direction lately.
    Not sure who Ambush or Pumas are because these are also RI teams correct? Insignificant and why is this on the MA board. Please bring your RI drama back to RI. Nobody cares about your RI u littles.

QUOTE=Unregistered;2874353]*** Here are the facts about the statement, "There is now another one of these fake town teams at the younger level"...

- The new team is 9-2011's and 2-2010s(one of the 10s and 11s are sisters, and want to play together)

- They play in the 2009 division(yes, 2 years older)

- 7 of 11 are from the same town

- This team just won U12 Superliga division(3 very good games, 1 dud)

- The town the 7 live in said 3 years ago, they have to play in their own age group or they can't play(played 2 games in age group, 100-0 and 100-0, yeah fun for both teams right)

- Winter, they also play up 2 years

So if i'm reading this correctly. The person here with the problem is you. According to you, you would like us to keep our 7 players in the same town, play them in Superliga at U10 and play them in the winter indoors at U10? Where would you like them to play, if playing up 2 years is not good enough for you? Or because they are dedicated, and it show's up on the field, they should not be allowed to participate? Please tell me, what should we do with this group? These "Town" teams as you call them, they all have girls that play premier, so again, playing teams 2 years older with a mix of premier players is not good enough? I guess you want them to try and play up 3 years and really risk getting hurt? Should we pay our club team even more $ to get more games/practices? The price for Superliga compared to club isn't in the same category, so it's a cheap way to keep the girls moving, training, and most important, having fun doing what they love to do together. Now on the other hand, If there is a pretty much full "town premier" team playing in their age group in Superliga, yeah, that should never happen. So again, tell me what to do with this group in your opinion... And leave LR alone

Sincerly
    Pumas/Ambush/NEFC parent[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Because the kids want to play on Saturday and Sunday. Town is their only option on Saturdays. BAYS does not dictate nor does any club do on their days off, or hours outside of their committed time to their club schedule. What does a club have to deal with? This was a weird question.
      I was the OP who asked that. Someone said SRI absolutely shouldn’t be allowing “town premier “ teams, so I figured maybe MYSA had some way of dealing with it.

Comment

why is this on the MA board. Please bring your RI drama back to RI. Nobody cares about your RI u littles.
        Relax. Everyone will get back to caring about your MA ulittles soon.

Comment

Definitely not true.

Premiere teams playing in town leagues makes you bush.
          These are premier teams with players from all over New England playing in a town league. Super bush.

What part are you referring to as "not true"? So if you read my entire post, we have 7 girls from 1 town, 2 from another, and 1 each from another, 11 total, 9-2011s and 2-2010s. I don't understand the issue. We are playing them up 2 years. I asked, what would you like us to do with them? Do you really think they come from all over New England? That's funny, yeah, just for Superliga in R.I., they are traveling from northern Maine for a Saturday game in R.I. vs town teams, LOL But if they were, what would it matter if they are playing up 2 years. Doesn't that balance the "premier" vs "town" debate. Now, there are 2 teams, i am a parent on the younger team. There is a 2010 team, with all 2010 premier players, they play in 2009 division also. There is not a 2008 division, so should these 2010s play up 3 years and risk getting injured even more? Where do you suggest these 2 teams play?

Comment

I was the OP who asked that. Someone said SRI absolutely shouldn’t be allowing “town premier “ teams, so I figured maybe MYSA had some way of dealing with it.

We actually registered for a MYSA league, in U12. They contacted us and said we were not allowed to play due to current restrictions, and withdrew our registration. Again, we figure, if we are U10 premier team, playing in U12 town, what more can we do then that, except for, not let them play? We are not going to put the 7-2011 in their age group in the same town, as they all live in the same town, which is the only age group the town will let them play in. Not fun for anyone. Lastly, why is it so bad that kids that happen to be from the same general area, that most play on the same premier team, want to play together year round? Sounds like those kids will develop really well together, not to mention the lifelong friendships they could possibly have. It's not all about soccer, but sure is fun the way we do it.

Comment

*yawn

Comment

We actually registered for a MYSA league, in U12. They contacted us and said we were not allowed to play due to current restrictions, and withdrew our registration. Again, we figure, if we are U10 premier team, playing in U12 town, what more can we do then that, except for, not let them play? We are not going to put the 7-2011 in their age group in the same town, as they all live in the same town, which is the only age group the town will let them play in. Not fun for anyone. Lastly, why is it so bad that kids that happen to be from the same general area, that most play on the same premier team, want to play together year round? Sounds like those kids will develop really well together, not to mention the lifelong friendships they could possibly have. It's not all about soccer, but sure is fun the way we do it.
                Question— what happens to the kids in the town that your team is based in that play soccer but aren’t part of this “chosen” team? Do they lose out on spots to the out of town kids?

In MA, BAYS does not allow players to be rostered in a town that they don’t live in. That’s how it should be. And your argument that they want to play together “year round”? They already do with their club. You’re really just cheating the system to keep your “exclusive” group together.

Based on your argument, I should take my kid’s ECNL team, play them up 2 years and let them beat up on town teams full of kids that don’t even want to play club soccer.

To be honest, your kids would probably benefit more if your group of parents got them together for unstructured pickup games on Saturdays. No ref, let them be creative and (ideally) no parents watching, coaching or commenting.... Invite the boys team at their age to scrimmage. So many ways to play more soccer without creating a shady “town” team.

Comment

Question— what happens to the kids in the town that your team is based in that play soccer but aren’t part of this “chosen” team? Do they lose out on spots to the out of town kids?
                  Not the original poster, but yes this does seem to be the sticking point. Playing for your "town" vs. playing with your "friends." Do you find it less of an issue if the "chosen" team (silly name but whatever) is totally separate so that nobody in the town gets kicked off a team?

In MA, BAYS does not allow players to be rostered in a town that they don’t live in. That’s how it should be. And your argument that they want to play together “year round”? They already do with their club. You’re really just cheating the system to keep your “exclusive” group together.
                  The town and premier player limits were lifted years ago in RI's "travel" league, and the top "town" teams are loaded up with premier players from various towns. Based on the rules, it isn't "cheating the system," it's playing within the system.

Based on your argument, I should take my kid’s ECNL team, play them up 2 years and let them beat up on town teams full of kids that don’t even want to play club soccer.
                  I assume it would be a waste of time for your kid's team, given how competitive ECNL is. From reading the earlier posts in the thread, the team in question are Ulittles where the competition even in club leagues is... uneven.

If they're really 9-year-olds playing up 2 years then why are you worried about the other teams? What do the top division teams look like in your town at U12?

To be honest, your kids would probably benefit more if your group of parents got them together for unstructured pickup games on Saturdays. No ref, let them be creative and (ideally) no parents watching, coaching or commenting.... Invite the boys team at their age to scrimmage. So many ways to play more soccer without creating a shady “town” team.
                  Pickup games sound like a good idea, if a little tougher than it used to be to pull off. Not too many parents want to pay rental to schedule pickup games indoors in the winter though.

Comment

Not the original poster, but yes this does seem to be the sticking point. Playing for your "town" vs. playing with your "friends." Do you find it less of an issue if the "chosen" team (silly name but whatever) is totally separate so that nobody in the town gets kicked off a team?

The town and premier player limits were lifted years ago in RI's "travel" league, and the top "town" teams are loaded up with premier players from various towns. Based on the rules, it isn't "cheating the system," it's playing within the system.

I assume it would be a waste of time for your kid's team, given how competitive ECNL is. From reading the earlier posts in the thread, the team in question are Ulittles where the competition even in club leagues is... uneven.

If they're really 9-year-olds playing up 2 years then why are you worried about the other teams? What do the top division teams look like in your town at U12?

Pickup games sound like a good idea, if a little tougher than it used to be to pull off. Not too many parents want to pay rental to schedule pickup games indoors in the winter though.

Yeah... to many points to respond to, but I guess the takeaway for me is that RI town soccer isn’t really town soccer, so that’s on whoever runs that organization.

Not “technically “ cheating is a pretty low bar. Even for over involved soccer parents. I will duck out now... the ulittle discussions get crazy. Half of the kids on the team in question won’t even be playing soccer by u15. Tale as old as time....

Comment

One last thing—you don’t need to rent a turf field for pickup soccer. You can literally play on any patch of grass or even on a tennis court or outdoor basketball court. Like they do everywhere else in the world.

Comment

One last thing—you don’t need to rent a turf field for pickup soccer. You can literally play on any patch of grass or even on a tennis court or outdoor basketball court. Like they do everywhere else in the world.
                        "in the winter"

Comment

"in the winter"
                          Yup. Town turf fields only covered in snow a few days last winter. Kids can put on some sweats and have at it.

Comment

Yup. Town turf fields only covered in snow a few days last winter. Kids can put on some sweats and have at it.
                            Does your kid's ECNL team put on some sweats and practice on the town turf all through January and February?

Comment

Does your kid's ECNL team put on some sweats and practice on the town turf all through January and February?
                              On the town fields? No. At the clubs fields outdoors? Yes.

Comment

On the town fields? No. At the clubs fields outdoors? Yes.
                                Then they're tougher than my kid's ECNL team and probably tougher than these 9-year-olds.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X