Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That was a clean tackle; a hard one, but clean.
    Yeah, that was a solid play and right call. I watched it in slow motion and it's def all ball. All I could think was-Welcome to the ACC

Comment

Don't know how you can watch that and see anything other than a textbook slide tackle.
      Great play by a great player and perfect demonstration of the athleticism of ACC soccer.

Now to go watch some old Rod Carew tapes and that beautiful slide and stand right up technique.

Comment

Clean. Didn't help the player didn't see it coming and it was a dramatic fall, but drama doesn't always equal a dirty move.

Comment

Would like to see it in slo-mo, but watch the ball. Clean play from my vantage.
          You can watch it in slo-mo by pressing the slider button (right above the play button >) and moving it slowly.

https://twitter.com/blox354/status/1...790445568?s=20

Comment

So it is okay to upend the player with the ball?

Comment

She didn’t have the ball.

Comment

Watch again and again if ur slow

Comment

Yes. It’s a great tackle. Clearly you haven’t played at any standard.

Comment

Looking at the play again makes me think there may have been some malice intended. While she may have “got ball” why do that slide tackle which had zero chance of putting the ball on goal or provide a teammate with a scoring opportunity? The result of the play was a goal kick. Plus the opposing team’s top player missed the rest of that game due to the injury and she may miss further games. Seems like an unnecessary and reckless play resulting in an injury. That is a red card.

Comment

Looking at the play again makes me think there may have been some malice intended. While she may have “got ball” why do that slide tackle which had zero chance of putting the ball on goal or provide a teammate with a scoring opportunity? The result of the play was a goal kick. Plus the opposing team’s top player missed the rest of that game due to the injury and she may miss further games. Seems like an unnecessary and reckless play resulting in an injury. That is a red card.
                      Holy crap. It’s a perfectly good tackle. It’s not even a foul let alone a red card.

Comment

Season suspension dirty play

Comment

Definitely not a foul.

Comment

Season suspension dirty play
                            Ok, we aren’t getting anywhere. Let’s try this. Post your opinion followed by your soccer background.

My opinion: great tackle. No foul.

My background: played competitively for 25 years including 3 time state champion, college Adidas Academic All America selection. 2 years semi pro after college. 25 years of coaching. Winningest coach in MA at the prep and club level over the past 10 years with multiple state cup championships at u17-u18 boys and 5 NEPSAC finals. NSCAA Advanced National Diploma.

Ok who’s next?

Comment

Great tackle. No foul. Rivalry game between 2 schools in the same town. That is the difference in the ACC and the Big East. Other than Georgetown the Big East schools just don't get top athletes. She will help BC

Comment

Ok, we aren’t getting anywhere. Let’s try this. Post your opinion followed by your soccer background.

My opinion: great tackle. No foul.

My background: played competitively for 25 years including 3 time state champion, college Adidas Academic All America selection. 2 years semi pro after college. 25 years of coaching. Winningest coach in MA at the prep and club level over the past 10 years with multiple state cup championships at u17-u18 boys and 5 NEPSAC finals. NSCAA Advanced National Diploma.

Ok who’s next?

My opinion: great tackle. No foul, Hope the other player is OK

My background: Coached Town Soccer for over 10 years, multiple tourney championships, Presidents Cup Championship, multiple Forekicks (all 3 venues!)/ and other indoor venue championships. Everyone I talk to about soccer for 5 minutes hates me and I can't seem to understand why.

Ok who’s next?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X