Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seacoast Columbus Day

Can't find a list of teams yet, the link someone posted a week or so ago in another thread hasn't worked for a while, but looking at the groups, it looks like it's going to be a lot bigger than their Labor Day tournament. Aside from adding U9 and U10, every group has more divisions. Five divisions in U14G.

We know 1 club that won't be at Seacoast and that club is none other than SSS!! No Labor Day tournament. No Columbus Day tournament. No more tournaments in 2020. Seems like they have fallen from grace and have consciously decided to take a step back from being considered a competitive soccer club which actually is a little sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      We know 1 club that won't be at Seacoast and that club is none other than SSS!! No Labor Day tournament. No Columbus Day tournament. No more tournaments in 2020. Seems like they have fallen from grace and have consciously decided to take a step back from being considered a competitive soccer club which actually is a little sad.
      It’s because Liz Lima is too proud. The other groups in her alliance, Aztec and Bayside I’m sure will be at the tournament (as bayside were for Labor Day) as it’s the only show in town and they actually care about the kids playing soccer and not their fearless leaders ego.

Why are select parents paying so much money when their owner can’t swallow her pride for the betterment of her kids? Disgraceful.

Comment

so much talk about south shore select. Honestly, who cares about them? If they don't want to play anymore that's their own decision. I can guarantee one thing that even though they are out, Mass. soccer will continue to thrive without them. Let's move on from south shore select and just concentrate on the clubs that are actually playing soccer.

Comment

Also note that there are clubs that are not traveling out of state for tournaments. I assume because that's how they or their insurers interpret the current rules, or their judgement of what's appropriate.

Could use some clarification from MYSA, Mass is the high COVID state around here. Though it is ever changing.

Comment

Can't find a list of teams yet, the link someone posted a week or so ago in another thread hasn't worked for a while, but looking at the groups, it looks like it's going to be a lot bigger than their Labor Day tournament. Aside from adding U9 and U10, every group has more divisions. Five divisions in U14G.

Bayside, Strikers, and Surf booted from CFC tournament. Seacoast removed list of teams from tournament website to realign the brackets. This will be interesting to see who gets top brackets with so many clubs going to tournament now.

Comment

Bayside, Strikers, and Surf booted from CFC tournament.
              Assume you mean RI Surf, but regardless, why "booted"? Whether or not that's true, with CT applying some pretty arbitrary justification for denying travel from RI (for >24 hours), it's probably best that those clubs are heading to NH.

Comment

It’s because Liz Lima is too proud. The other groups in her alliance, Aztec and Bayside I’m sure will be at the tournament (as bayside were for Labor Day) as it’s the only show in town and they actually care about the kids playing soccer and not their fearless leaders ego.

Why are select parents paying so much money when their owner can’t swallow her pride for the betterment of her kids? Disgraceful.
                Bolts is the closest ally of Select asnthey share the Middlesex DPL team,

They are having their own tournament as well: https://www.bostonbolts.com/bolts-columbus-cup/

Event was 75% boys last year, with low-level girls teams so I doubt select will be in it.

Comment

Assume you mean RI Surf, but regardless, why "booted"? Whether or not that's true, with CT applying some pretty arbitrary justification for denying travel from RI (for >24 hours), it's probably best that those clubs are heading to NH.
                  "Booted"= R.I. travel ban. Yes, R.I. Surf only, not N.E. Surf. Our teams are heading to Seacoast, so good news is there will be more competition. But like i said, interesting part will be who gets top brackets with so many teams now. Assuming Juventus and N.E. Surf will stay at CFC tournament to try and get some W's on the board.

Comment

"Booted"= R.I. travel ban. Yes, R.I. Surf only, not N.E. Surf. Our teams are heading to Seacoast, so good news is there will be more competition. But like i said, interesting part will be who gets top brackets with so many teams now. Assuming Juventus and N.E. Surf will stay at CFC tournament to try and get some W's on the board.
                    No truth to that reasoning, RI Surf teams were already registered for Seacoast when the CT travel restriction happened. CFC may have said they didn't want RI teams for whatever reasons, but the travel restriction wasn't one of them.

Comment

The registration deadline was yesterday. Don't expect schedules for at least another week.

Comment

The registration deadline was yesterday. Don't expect schedules for at least another week.
                        With 49 flights, they'll have to be working night and day to figure all that out. I'll be happy just to see a team list by next week.

Comment

http://events.gotsport.com/events/de...?EventID=80150

Comment

Didn’t have to wait a whole week, just 7 hours! Lol.. thank
                            You for posting these brackets

Comment

Didn’t have to wait a whole week, just 7 hours! Lol.. thank
                              You for posting these brackets
                              just checked this out. Thanks. My opinion of the girls brackets for the tournament.....MEH!
                              Not too many top teams but looks like a competitive B tournament and it's GREAT to see the girls playing. Good luck to all teams!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X