Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I guess I made an incorrect assumption when the power rankings came out. I thought those were based on results, but I guess it's based on a weekly report on player development.

Good to know.
    Maybe more of us are realizing as our 07's age that the power rankings really aren't meaningful. The girls are going to move around because the goal isn't to win the Labor Day tournament anymore. Whether a particular kid is at Stars, Scorpions, NEFC, SSS is a function of what club that kid's parents chose to give their money to and not some evaluation of the skill or potential of the kid as a soccer player. Say SSS beats Scorpions. Whoopee. That says nothing about player #8 or #2 or #14 on either roster. But it sure leads to parents saying a bunch of stuff on here as if it did.

Comment

Maybe more of us are realizing as our 07's age that the power rankings really aren't meaningful. The girls are going to move around because the goal isn't to win the Labor Day tournament anymore. Whether a particular kid is at Stars, Scorpions, NEFC, SSS is a function of what club that kid's parents chose to give their money to and not some evaluation of the skill or potential of the kid as a soccer player. Say SSS beats Scorpions. Whoopee. That says nothing about player #8 or #2 or #14 on either roster. But it sure leads to parents saying a bunch of stuff on here as if it did.
      I've got a few years of reading this thread to see otherwise, but I hope this would be true. Heck, enough people said so all along.

Honestly, almost everything is all about results, who stinks, who is afraid to play in a tourney, XYZ league stinks, if you aren't in MNO league then you are wasting your time, etc.

Comment

Bravo! 800 pages in and someone finally gets it. More experienced parents said this several hundred pages ago. None of this matters in middle school. None. Find your kid a quality team to play with good coaching that's a good fit for your player and what they need to progress. Being the #1 U12 or U13 team doesn't matter!

Comment

U13 and younger- Who has the baddest little team in the land?
          U14 and older- Who has the best little situation in the land?

Comment

U13 and under - hope your kid is in a competitive environment, having fun, and is in a situation that helps them to develop along with what meets your family needs/wants.

U14 and older - hope your kid is in a competitive environment, having fun, and is in a situation that helps them develop, and their goals align with your family needs/wants.

Comment

Exactly! But we'll keep ranking them anyways, just to piss everyone off.

Comment

Exactly! But we'll keep ranking them anyways, just to piss everyone off.
                Have at it. Don't get your panties in a bunch when you get called out on it, either.

Comment

NEFC is Queen of the hill.

Comment

The last few days have been awful with the site down. I had no one to tell how awesome my kid’s team is!

Comment

The last few days have been awful with the site down. I had no one to tell how awesome my kid’s team is!
                      thank god its back! Now who is the best MA team based on one more weekend of results? NEFC? Scorpions? FC Stars White? Like sands through the hour glass, so are the days of our lives.

Comment

What games did we miss last weekend? Any score updates?

Comment

thank god its back! Now who is the best MA team based on one more weekend of results? NEFC? Scorpions? FC Stars White? Like sands through the hour glass, so are the days of our lives.
                          NEFC beat NYSC 2-0. A couple weeks ago FSA (the last place team in ECNL 1-6-1) beat NYSC 2-0.

NEFC isn't any better than Stars Blue or Scorpions right now. Truth.

Comment

NEFC beat NYSC 2-0. A couple weeks ago FSA (the last place team in ECNL 1-6-1) beat NYSC 2-0.

Good to see the obsessive results' reporting is right back on track.

Oh, right...supposedly this is about "development"...

LOL

Comment

1.-1a Stars Blue- Scorpions
                              3. NEFC
                              4. Stars White

Comment

SSS wouldn't beat Scorpions

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X