Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ok, this post has run it's course. We get it - some of you say "It's 100% a red card and anyone who doesn't agree doesn't know the game and is generally an idiot." Others of you say "It's 100% not a foul and anyone who doesn't agree doesn't know the game and is generally an idiot." No one has really added anything new in several pages and it's clear there is basically nothing that can be added that will make anyone change their minds. A few people in the middle have made the point that the ref certainly could have called a foul on the play and even given a card but it's also understandable why he/she didn't. Those people have been mostly ignored. So, let's call it a day on this one. Glad both girls are doing fine and I'm pretty sure this hasn't negatively impacted college prospects for either kid.
    I agree with the PostMaster!

Comment

Ok, this post has run it's course. We get it - some of you say "It's 100% a red card and anyone who doesn't agree doesn't know the game and is generally an idiot." Others of you say "It's 100% not a foul and anyone who doesn't agree doesn't know the game and is generally an idiot." No one has really added anything new in several pages and it's clear there is basically nothing that can be added that will make anyone change their minds. A few people in the middle have made the point that the ref certainly could have called a foul on the play and even given a card but it's also understandable why he/she didn't. Those people have been mostly ignored. So, let's call it a day on this one. Glad both girls are doing fine and I'm pretty sure this hasn't negatively impacted college prospects for either kid.
      Amen!

Comment

For those calling for a card on a 50/50 ball which the "attacking" team never touched and was heading toward the defender, please stop calling soccer a contact sport immediately. If the white player had kept her feet, taken a touch and then run through the crimson player to maintain possession, would that have been "more legal" (I assure you it would have been more devastating of a hit for MF who clearly was not paying attention)?

Comment

I agree with the PostMaster!
          Yes. But something made the player rotate in the air. It was violent and even if part of the ball was played she got also the opposing players legs with cleats showing. It could've been end of career injury. Red card and she must be talked to.

Comment

Yes. But something made the player rotate in the air. It was violent and even if part of the ball was played she got also the opposing players legs with cleats showing. It could've been end of career injury. Red card and she must be talked to.
            Yes. Their shins collided after ball contact and the object in motion held the advantage of the object not in motion.

It's called physics.

Give it up already mommy. It's not a red.

Comment

Yes. Their shins collided after ball contact and the object in motion held the advantage of the object not in motion.

It's called physics.

Give it up already mommy. It's not a red.
              New rule in FIFA I heard. If a forward Collides with anything else, regardless of fault or intent, the other object will be red carded; goal posts, trees, and referees included.

Comment

Easy to pause it and watch frame by frame on a big screen.
                No cleats showing. Clean as my shoot after a colonoscopy

Comment

Slowing it down is key. In real time it's jarring and easy to see why some freaked out, but as far as a foul? No.

She played a few days later - not career ending

Comment

We know your shoot is pretty dirty

Comment

We know your shoot is pretty dirty
                      Chute?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X