Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Connecticut

Notices

Connecticut Discussions about Connecticut soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The number of commits doesn't lie. You can try to justify the CFC hate, but facts are facts.
i agree its all about the numbers
CFC is the biggest club in the state
u-12 they have 6+ teams of kids at an age group (way over 100 kids)
they whittle down to around 60-80 kids through HS at an age group
now how many on your commit list?
compare the % to other clubs- they do less with more than any other club
yes they get the lions share of the states top players- but realistically those kids could play anywhere and get offers- how do the next group of kids who arent stars fare?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i agree its all about the numbers
CFC is the biggest club in the state
u-12 they have 6+ teams of kids at an age group (way over 100 kids)
they whittle down to around 60-80 kids through HS at an age group
now how many on your commit list?
compare the % to other clubs- they do less with more than any other club
yes they get the lions share of the states top players- but realistically those kids could play anywhere and get offers- how do the next group of kids who arent stars fare?
CFC is the biggest. Why? Because it's known that the best players play there and the teams get the best college exposure from D1 schools. If the club performance on the field sucked and all their commits were to lower level schools, CFC wouldn't be the biggest club.

Not true about playing anywhere. It's a proven fact that ECNL gets them the best exposure. And being on a good ECNL team helps even more. Which club has historically had the better ECNL teams?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i agree its all about the numbers
CFC is the biggest club in the state
u-12 they have 6+ teams of kids at an age group (way over 100 kids)
they whittle down to around 60-80 kids through HS at an age group
now how many on your commit list?
compare the % to other clubs- they do less with more than any other club
yes they get the lions share of the states top players- but realistically those kids could play anywhere and get offers- how do the next group of kids who arent stars fare?
Do you really believe the kids can play anywhere and get offers?

Offers, yes but at Hartford, New Haven etc.

CFC (United in particular) has success because they aggregate the majority (not all) the talent at U15 and up. They offer access to a platform in the ECNL that is the undisputed one stop shopping spot for college coaches.

Sure, we get a handful of stars every year in CT. Those kids would get recruited by playing on a halfway decent club team that could at least access the Jefferson Cup and those type events.

If you look at the last few years at CFC it shows how the platform works. CFC has 19 D1 commits from the ECNL team. Also had a few top D3 that could have gone D1. Outside of the top few kids, the rest of the players would be Top 5 on any other club team in CT. By being part of that platform they played against top teams with rosters full of college bound players at all of the big events. For college coaches that's what simulates how a play will handle the college game. Ringing the bell the 4 times in a U17 game against SCP, Ginga etc means nothing. How's your first touch with a 5'9 defender committed to UCLA coming at you full speed? That's why the next group of players gets recruited. Show a coach that you can hang at that level and speed of play and applies very well to the college game. Look at the rosters at even most mid major D1 programs and see where they are recruiting from, it gives your answer.

As far as CFC at the young ages, it's big and inconsistent. Arsenal and North do a good job. Sound does too but competes with talent in a saturated market. Having a big funnel is that feeds the United machine.

Bottom line is that there's nothing close when college is the end game.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Do you really believe the kids can play anywhere and get offers?

Offers, yes but at Hartford, New Haven etc.

CFC (United in particular) has success because they aggregate the majority (not all) the talent at U15 and up. They offer access to a platform in the ECNL that is the undisputed one stop shopping spot for college coaches.

Sure, we get a handful of stars every year in CT. Those kids would get recruited by playing on a halfway decent club team that could at least access the Jefferson Cup and those type events.

If you look at the last few years at CFC it shows how the platform works. CFC has 19 D1 commits from the ECNL team. Also had a few top D3 that could have gone D1. Outside of the top few kids, the rest of the players would be Top 5 on any other club team in CT. By being part of that platform they played against top teams with rosters full of college bound players at all of the big events. For college coaches that's what simulates how a play will handle the college game. Ringing the bell the 4 times in a U17 game against SCP, Ginga etc means nothing. How's your first touch with a 5'9 defender committed to UCLA coming at you full speed? That's why the next group of players gets recruited. Show a coach that you can hang at that level and speed of play and applies very well to the college game. Look at the rosters at even most mid major D1 programs and see where they are recruiting from, it gives your answer.

As far as CFC at the young ages, it's big and inconsistent. Arsenal and North do a good job. Sound does too but competes with talent in a saturated market. Having a big funnel is that feeds the United machine.

Bottom line is that there's nothing close when college is the end game.
well, I don't want my kid playing around that CFC cesspool. 3 players a year go big time soccer. Most others pay full freight everywhere they go, even if committed. You can have your cesspool
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
well, I don't want my kid playing around that CFC cesspool. 3 players a year go big time soccer. Most others pay full freight everywhere they go, even if committed. You can have your cesspool
Very misguided and ignorant statement
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
well, I don't want my kid playing around that CFC cesspool. 3 players a year go big time soccer. Most others pay full freight everywhere they go, even if committed. You can have your cesspool
Sorry your kid got cut. There's always field hockey.

just showed your true colors.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i agree its all about the numbers
CFC is the biggest club in the state
u-12 they have 6+ teams of kids at an age group (way over 100 kids)
they whittle down to around 60-80 kids through HS at an age group
now how many on your commit list?
compare the % to other clubs- they do less with more than any other club
yes they get the lions share of the states top players- but realistically those kids could play anywhere and get offers- how do the next group of kids who arent stars fare?
The entire pool of players shrinks from MS to HS. FSA has 3 teams per age group and how many of their players are recruited? Lower level clubs can barely get a handful of players recruited.

What is your point anyway? Top players want to play for the best option in their area. That is and has been CFC for quite some time. FSA has managed to squander the S+ acquisition and OW/GDA is mediocre.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
CFC is the biggest. Why? Because it's known that the best players play there and the teams get the best college exposure from D1 schools. If the club performance on the field sucked and all their commits were to lower level schools, CFC wouldn't be the biggest club.

Not true about playing anywhere. It's a proven fact that ECNL gets them the best exposure. And being on a good ECNL team helps even more. Which club has historically had the better ECNL teams?
The CFC dads also have the biggest circle jerk of any club in CT. They get together every month looking at the commit list and getting off in each other. Itís the CFC thing to do.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Maybe CFC dads would have an easier time seeing others in their circle jerk if they had lights
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

When you donít have to worry about money, you donít.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.