Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There is nothing that can be done. That's the whole point of the Keynes vs Hayek clip. Things must be allowed to run their natural course. The government effort to control the economy only prolongs the agony. Take a listen to Peter Schiff and prepare yourself for the worse.

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/break...124843251.html
    I question this guys motives (Schiff)- wouldn't be surprised if he's heavily invested in gold.

Comment

they've already ruled out another recession...

Comment

I question this guys motives (Schiff)- wouldn't be surprised if he's heavily invested in gold.
        Ignore him at your own peril, but he predicted the 2008 economic crash and a lot of supposedly smart people said he was nuts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I0QN-FYkpw

Comment

they've already ruled out another recession...
          I'm sure they did. The problem is there is a whole segment of this country that feels we've never come out of the first recession.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbvL4...eature=related

Does the American taxpayer have to support the overpaid union workers in Detriot AND the overpaid bankers in New York? That is what the government under Barack Obama believes because they are ALL friends of the politicians in Washington making these decisions!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbvL4...eature=related

Does the American taxpayer have to support the overpaid union workers in Detriot AND the overpaid bankers in New York? That is what the government under Barack Obama believes because they are ALL friends of the politicians in Washington making these decisions!
              Wait....if loans are paid back in full......aren't you wrong about taxpayers supporting union workers? or more precisely auto makers which do not equal union workers.

I beleive I recall that Chrysler and Gm were paid up in fall....and I don't recall Ford took money but maybe I am wrong....

I share impatience with taxpayers supporting big bussiness (tax credits, loopholes, etc.)...but you should try to keep your rantings focused on what is factually correct....otherwise you just seem out of touch.

Comment

Wait....if loans are paid back in full......aren't you wrong about taxpayers supporting union workers? or more precisely auto makers which do not equal union workers.

I beleive I recall that Chrysler and Gm were paid up in fall....and I don't recall Ford took money but maybe I am wrong....

I share impatience with taxpayers supporting big bussiness (tax credits, loopholes, etc.)...but you should try to keep your rantings focused on what is factually correct....otherwise you just seem out of touch.
                Except loans were NOT paid back in full, so it would appear that you are the one out of touch with what really has ocurred concerning these bailouts. I might assume the reason is the government and most of the liberal media, who up to this point has regarded Obama as the next coming of the Messiah, would prefer you didn't know that you've been footing the bill right along.

$1.3 billion will never be recovered on the Chrysler deal with Fiat.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...vernment_n.htm

And GM only paid back a fraction of what the government gave them.

http://reason.com/archives/2010/04/2...ailout-payback

GM currently is hanging on to $33.8-billion of YOUR money waiting to see which way the wind does blow, but you aren't going to see it head in your direction unless you are drawing a GM pension or dividend.

http://www.freep.com/article/2011090...CFRONTPAGE%7Cp

Comment

"$1.3 billion will never be recovered on the Chrysler deal with Fiat."

and what are those Chrysler jobs worth? a lot more than 1.3 bil.

Comment

"$1.3 billion will never be recovered on the Chrysler deal with Fiat."

and what are those Chrysler jobs worth? a lot more than 1.3 bil.
                    Do you feel the same way about the banks? Should the government bailout every company that finds they've made bad business decisions? Let's face facts. Chrysler autos suck. This is corperate welfare.

Comment

Do you feel the same way about the banks? Should the government bailout every company that finds they've made bad business decisions? Let's face facts. Chrysler autos suck. This is corperate welfare.
                      I like my Durango. It's gone to a lot of soccer games.

Comment

Junior, the problem is not whether the US should have let GM and Chrysler go bankrupt, and then restructure and reemerge with a cost structure able to compete with the auto factories in Tennesse , Alabama and South Carolina. The problem facing the US and other Western Economies is Structural. The Government spends too much and has borrowed too much leaving high debt levels. The politicians have promised far too much in terms of entiltements to citizens and benefits to government employees. Most state and local governments are basically bankrupt. Prior to Obama, the US was in better shape than most other western countries such as France, England, Greece, Italy, Spain etc... But Obozo has increased spending dramatically, doubled the US Debt in 3 years, and has increased regulation on all businesses. Throw in Obozocare, and the US is in a private sector depression, and close to a debt death spiral for the economy. The housing crash was fueled by government creating and sponsoring freddie and fannie mae, and has left the tax payers on the hook for another failed government program. But the housing crash is not the problem, it is a symptom of a government too big and out of control.

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/...205223178.html

Since jumping from CNN in June, Fox News' chief White House correspondent, Ed Henry, has been the target of a few tongue-lashings from White House press secretary Jay Carney--including one during President Obama's contentious debt reduction talks with Congress in late July.

In a Q&A with Adweek this week, Henry dismissed the notion that Fox News has a conservative bias.

"I know what people say about Fox and about what they say is a tilt to the right," Henry said. "Meanwhile, the reporters I know, like Bret Baier, are right down the middle and are tough on everybody."

Henry also scoffed at the idea that he's changed since jumping to CNN's rival. "I asked tough questions of the Obama White House when I was at CNN and nobody freaked out," he said. "I start asking tough questions at Fox and everybody freaked out."

He also denied that executives at Fox have been behind his line of questioning or feeding him talking points for White House press briefings.

"Absolutely not," Henry said. "My first day at Fox, President Obama gave a primetime address to the nation. That would have been a great chance for Roger Ailes or someone to say, 'Hey, Ed, there is going to be a lot of people watching tonight, maybe you should hit Obama on this or that.' I didn't get a phone call from anyone. I didn't get an email from anyone. But what I did get was, we want you to be front and center tonight. I was on with Bret Baier, not Sean Hannity or some of the opinion anchors we have."

He added: "Next morning ratings came out, and Fox had about 4 million viewers. CNN had about 2 million."

In July, on his third official day with Fox News, Henry pressed Carney on the president's debt reduction plan, asking if the administration planned to file a compromise proposal--the offer briefly accepted by Speaker of the House John Boehner--with the Congressional Budget Office.

"Look, I know you're creating a thing here for Fox," Carney shot back.

"That's not what I'm doing," Henry responded. "And you know better than that."

The exchange followed a similarly testy one the day before, and underscored the Obama administration's icy, often contentious relationship with Fox News.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X