Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    And sorry, but outside UCONN soccer no one really cares about this news - which isn't really news yet is it? Very unprofessional. I don't expect News 12 to know the difference, they're not exactly know for investigative journalism. They'll take whatever stories they can to fill time. Someone fed them that story incorrectly.
    Since it wasn’t announced yet by Gatorade, an wont be 7ntil the spring, it was either the thirsty azz parents, yankee or most likely jack with the loose lips 👄. Guess what.....lo and behold........

http://yankeeunited.com/News.asp?org...TED.COM#484386

What a bunch of self serving idiots. I also see they posted she received a 4 year scholarship on the yankee site. Nothing like posting financial terms between a player and the college on your little club website!

Comment

Since it wasn’t announced yet by Gatorade, an wont be 7ntil the spring, it was either the thirsty azz parents, yankee or most likely jack with the loose lips ��. Guess what.....lo and behold........

http://yankeeunited.com/News.asp?org...TED.COM#484386

What a bunch of self serving idiots. I also see they posted she received a 4 year scholarship on the yankee site. Nothing like posting financial terms between a player and the college on your little club website!
      YU is unbelievable. It's not even real since it isn't decided until late spring to include ALL US players. YU is so desperate for anything to seem relevant that they hold up the few players they have (very few), like the club can turn any player into a stud. They did similar when MF committed very young. Both talked about full rides, which is not only inappropriate but many times isn't even true.

Is UCONN pushing her to move out of NPL? she will be wholly unprepared for college.

Comment

Still, it is pretty amazing the power jack has in the accolade process, he covers a lot of ground: league, state, national. Why does he have this much influence?

Comment

YU is unbelievable. It's not even real since it isn't decided until late spring to include ALL US players. YU is so desperate for anything to seem relevant that they hold up the few players they have (very few), like the club can turn any player into a stud. They did similar when MF committed very young. Both talked about full rides, which is not only inappropriate but many times isn't even true.

Is UCONN pushing her to move out of NPL? she will be wholly unprepared for college.
          I missed those jb posters that cfc had made for the occasion.

Yu is pitiful.

Comment

Amazed at the attention this award has drawn. Outside of the kid and her immediate circle, who cares? Good for her. Nice accolade to end her HS career. College is a whole new bag where the slate is wiped clean.

Best player in the country, I doubt it but that not what the award is for.

As far as impact on U Conn, time will tell, but that program can only go up after last year.

Comment

Amazed at the attention this award has drawn. Outside of the kid and her immediate circle, who cares? Good for her. Nice accolade to end her HS career. College is a whole new bag where the slate is wiped clean.

As far as impact on U Conn, time will tell, but that program can only go up after last year.
              Who cares more than the kid? Yankee!

Comment

It's not even an accolade. State yes. National no. Yes she's talented but I've no doubt there are other national players more deserving. As for YU, they're shameless so nothing new there.

Comment

Congratulations to Jessica Mazo and her family.

My daughter had the experience of playing against her and the ST Joes team in the FCIAC playoffs and without doubt she’s a great player although we were on the losing end of the game there was much respect given to a talented player.

I hope she does well going forward. Congrats again.

Comment

Congratulations to Jessica Mazo and her family.

My daughter had the experience of playing against her and the ST Joes team in the FCIAC playoffs and without doubt she’s a great player although we were on the losing end of the game there was much respect given to a talented player.

I hope she does well going forward. Congrats again.
                    I agree, congratulations and her hard work has paid off. Good luck. That being said, what honor did she win? Yankee and UCONN say she is HS player of the year, but no publication has released this press release. If so, provide link. Maybe YU just deemed her as Player of the Year?

Comment

I agree, congratulations and her hard work has paid off. Good luck. That being said, what honor did she win? Yankee and UCONN say she is HS player of the year, but no publication has released this press release. If so, provide link. Maybe YU just deemed her as Player of the Year?
                      half the country hasn't even had their HS season yet and the national winner isn't decided until almost summer. Surely YU knows the different between a state vs a national award right? Then again, it is YU so either they're dumb as rocks or are intentionally misleading. You decide. I have my own thoughts.

Comment

half the country hasn't even had their HS season yet and the national winner isn't decided until almost summer. Surely YU knows the different between a state vs a national award right? Then again, it is YU so either they're dumb as rocks or are intentionally misleading. You decide. I have my own thoughts.
                        Ahhh. UConn announced it

Comment

Ahhh. UConn announced it
                          show us the link to the publication?

Comment

show us the link to the publication?
                            The link to UCONN announcement is first post.

Gatorade hasn’t published it and won’t until the Spring. It’s obviously a leak of the news.

Comment

The link to UCONN announcement is first post.

Gatorade hasn’t published it and won’t until the Spring. It’s obviously a leak of the news.
                              It’s obviously wrong, not a leak. It hasn’t been decided yet and won’t be for awhile. You really think that Gatorade has already told Jack that she won? Come on man!

Comment

It’s obviously wrong, not a leak. It hasn’t been decided yet and won’t be for awhile. You really think that Gatorade has already told Jack that she won? Come on man!
                                JN knows how it works - the national title is decided in the spring. Gatorade hasn't even posted their state winners yet. They only have 2017-18 on their site.https://playeroftheyear.gatorade.com/winner/state. The nomination deadline is May of next year https://playeroftheyear.gatorade.com/about. Maybe she is the state player of the year but it isn't official. Even state winners are not announced until June https://playeroftheyear.gatorade.com/about

Most likely someone told Jack she's getting the state nod, he told the family who then told YU and UCONN. Everyone ran with a story that isn't even confirmed. Fake news lol

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X