Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Very tough to beat a team three times in 6 weeks. But hand it to Catlin- they beat OES 3-0 and 1-0 before losing on a questionable hand call in the final. If the goals for all three games were totaled, the score would be 4-1. Still, creidt it to OES, they came out to play for the final and deserved the win.
    What about it was questionable? Review the film (16:10 on NFHS film timer), she has her arm out, you can see the contact, 3 OES players immediately raise their hands, the ref immediately blows the whistle and not one Catlin player protests, sounds very questionable. As questionable as the hand ball/pk you got for your only shot on goal in your earlier season win?

Comment

What about it was questionable? Review the film (16:10 on NFHS film timer), she has her arm out, you can see the contact, 3 OES players immediately raise their hands, the ref immediately blows the whistle and not one Catlin player protests, sounds very questionable. As questionable as the hand ball/pk you got for your only shot on goal in your earlier season win?
      Are you not aware that all hand ball calls (all calls really) are "questionable" when they go against your team? If the call results in a goal for the other team, then that goal is not a "real goal", and the call becomes "super-duper questionable". If the other team wins the championship because of a not "real goal", then the "aggregate goals" rule applies to soothe the losers, now referred to as the "on-aggregate champs", but only by themselves. At this point the term "on aggregate champs" is adopted by others when referring to the team. This term is generally accepted to mean "whinging loser".

Comment

Very tough to beat a team three times in 6 weeks. But hand it to Catlin- they beat OES 3-0 and 1-0 before losing on a questionable hand call in the final. If the goals for all three games were totaled, the score would be 4-1. Still, creidt it to OES, they came out to play for the final and deserved the win.
        if any call was "questionable", it was the no call on the CG player, who had already had 4-5 fouls and a yellow card in the 1st half, that was allowed to stay in the game after charging and taking down the OES keeper 2-3 mins into the 2nd half. Keeper was in complete control of the ball when CG player was 15 feet away and makes no attempt to slow her run and avoid contact. if there was a proper call, you would have played the whole 2nd half with 10 and without your best(and dirtiest) player, the score wouldn't have been that close.

Comment

if any call was "questionable", it was the no call on the CG player, who had already had 4-5 fouls and a yellow card in the 1st half, that was allowed to stay in the game after charging and taking down the OES keeper 2-3 mins into the 2nd half. Keeper was in complete control of the ball when CG player was 15 feet away and makes no attempt to slow her run and avoid contact. if there was a proper call, you would have played the whole 2nd half with 10 and without your best(and dirtiest) player, the score wouldn't have been that close.

My My.. Someone still seems angry after their win. Did you forget that it was mentioned that OES deserved the win.

Be humble. Be gracious.

Comment

My My.. Someone still seems angry after their win. Did you forget that it was mentioned that OES deserved the win.

Be humble. Be gracious.
            That's rich :) , the whiner telling someone else to be humble and gracious.

So, it's OK to whine about a (not) "questionable" hand ball call and talk about how you actual won because of aggregate goals as long as you tack on, "but they deserved the win", and then whine about someone else not being gracious?

You can also try, "But we had more possession" or "They played booted ball while we played the right way."

Comment

Be humble. Be gracious.
              No one angry here, just pointing out that any questionable calls went Catlin’s way. Review that play and tell me she wasn’t lucky to remain in the game.

Comment

No one angry here, just pointing out that any questionable calls went Catlin’s way. Review that play and tell me she wasn’t lucky to remain in the game.

The title of this thread is G.O.A.T. Yes, OES beat some very good 6A teams. Yes, they won in the HS Championship game. Deservedly so. And, yet, they also lost to a 3A school twice this year. Still not sure why OES was brought into the G.O.A.T thread.

Comment

The title of this thread is G.O.A.T. Yes, OES beat some very good 6A teams. Yes, they won in the HS Championship game. Deservedly so. And, yet, they also lost to a 3A school twice this year. Still not sure why OES was brought into the G.O.A.T thread.
                  They won the title 4 years in a row. Seems pretty good.

Comment

They won the title 4 years in a row. Seems pretty good.

"Pretty Good" is about right. G.O.A.T- not even close.

Comment

"Pretty Good" is about right. G.O.A.T- not even close.
                      I believe it’s 5 straight, 7 over last 8 years.

Comment

I believe it’s 5 straight, 7 over last 8 years.
                        I'm pretty the answer that the OP wants is Jesuit 2018. :P

Nothing else will satisfy him and make him go away.

I think he wants to make a t-shirt or trophy to give to himself.

Comment

I'm pretty the answer that the OP wants is Jesuit 2018. :P

Nothing else will satisfy him and make him go away.

I think he wants to make a t-shirt or trophy to give to himself.
                          I bet he has a bumper sticker that says "my daughter is a state soccer champion".

After all, even the girls at the end of the bench get to touch the trophy...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X