Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Actually I'll do it for you. In the 2017 graduating class, 20 TBU girls from the ECNL 98 Team commmited to universities.

So keeping it simple, how many graduating Celtic girls from the same age group committed?

I totally understand why you would be shacking your head.
    Or to put it in perspective, when USF takes the field tomorrow for the AAC Championship, there will be more TBU players than there are Celtic players involved in all of D1, D2, and D3 womens soccer currently.

Comment

Or to put it in perspective, when USF takes the field tomorrow for the AAC Championship, there will be more TBU players than there are Celtic players involved in all of D1, D2, and D3 women's soccer currently.
      Yeah, but our Celtic 13yr olds tied yours in a scrimmage, so take that!

Comment

Actually I'll do it for you. In the 2017 graduating class, 20 TBU girls from the ECNL 98 Team commmited to universities.

So keeping it simple, how many graduating Celtic girls from the same age group committed?

I totally understand why you would be shacking your head.
        TBU on average has 3-5 girls teams per age group. Let’s say you have 15 girls on each team. 4 teams x 15 girls = 60 players. Celtic and most smaller clubs have only ONE team per age group. Most clubs don’t have those numbers and the luxury to pick and chose who makes their “best team”. They play with the hand (players) they are dealt. So statistically speaking TBU should have 4 times as many players committed to colleges than any other club in the Tampa Bay Area and most clubs in the state.

If commitments are the metric your club, or you, pick to use to measure how successful it is...... then congratulations.

Comment

Or to put it in perspective, when USF takes the field tomorrow for the AAC Championship, there will be more TBU players than there are Celtic players involved in all of D1, D2, and D3 womens soccer currently.
          And???? Your point????? lol

Comment

Yeah, but our Celtic 13yr olds tied yours in a scrimmage, so take that!
            They were 13 and 14.

Comment

They were 13 and 14.
              Yup...my bad!! 8th AND 9th graders. That changes everything!

Comment

Yup...my bad!! 8th AND 9th graders. That changes everything!
                Sure does. Haha

Comment

TBU on average has 3-5 girls teams per age group. Let’s say you have 15 girls on each team. 4 teams x 15 girls = 60 players. Celtic and most smaller clubs have only ONE team per age group. Most clubs don’t have those numbers and the luxury to pick and chose who makes their “best team”. They play with the hand (players) they are dealt. So statistically speaking TBU should have 4 times as many players committed to colleges than any other club in the Tampa Bay Area and most clubs in the state.

If commitments are the metric your club, or you, pick to use to measure how successful it is...... then congratulations.
                  "So statistically speaking TBU should have 4 times as many players committed to colleges than any other club in the Tampa Bay Area and most clubs in the state."

To go with your rationale that TBU should have 4 times as many players committed compared to clubs that only have one team per age group - the actual number is much, much higher than 4 times.

Comment

"So statistically speaking TBU should have 4 times as many players committed to colleges than any other club in the Tampa Bay Area and most clubs in the state."

To go with your rationale that TBU should have 4 times as many players committed compared to clubs that only have one team per age group - the actual number is much, much higher than 4 times.
                    Congratulations. You club is better than average. Want a cookie????

Comment

Since soccer did not exist for most of us until our kids started playing, I wonder if there is a correlation between the age of a club and the number of player that made it to the collegiate level.

Comment

Since soccer did not exist for most of us until our kids started playing, I wonder if there is a correlation between the age of a club and the number of player that made it to the collegiate level.
                        This literally made no sense at all! Next time don't 'wonder' out loud. It makes you sound like a moron.

Comment

This literally made no sense at all! Next time don't 'wonder' out loud. It makes you sound like a moron.
                          Perhaps reading it out loudly and slowly will help you. If that doesn't work, ask your kid to break out the crayons ans walk you through it.

Comment

Go Bulls!! Good luck to all the USF players.

Comment

Congratulations. You club is better than average. Want a cookie????
                              I've seen some very childish responses on TS through the years but this one takes the prize.

Comment

Congratulations on YOUR new discovery. “Most of us” along with 3.5 billlion people around the world have been aware of its existence for a bit longer than when when YOUR kid started playing. Stupid assumption and stupid question too. Next time use your inside voice.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X