Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Team backed out so they needed someone to fill the void.

Daughte has played more games this summer than she did with her "real" team all last season. Much better bang for the $.

Where are all these others games happening? Scrimmaging themselves? She waits for club ball/wouldnt see a game until next year probably.
    If you consider blowing out local club teams for your daughter more bang for your buck then I feel sorry for your daughter.

Comment

im of the opinion that playing low level teams does more damage than good. Yea being on field is fun but if you are a player at a certain level, going against town teams is only going to hurt your performance, not help it. Showcase teams are cool but its a hard balancing act to get them in the right events.

Comment

If you consider blowing out local club teams for your daughter more bang for your buck then I feel sorry for your daughter.
        My daughter is on one of the teams blown out by Fire this summer. Given the craziness of this year, it isn’t that big of a deal. I doubt we would have faced them if this was a normal summer of tournaments so you can’t really get mad at them for looking for games.

I think daughter’s team will benefit from the game as it seems to have upped their intensity since losing.

Comment

Yes NJ Fire 06 is really good
          Just because I was bored - The 06 NJ Fire Black team break down:

ECNL - 9
          PDA Blue – 2
          PDA White – 1
          PDA Blue 07 - 1
          WC – 4
          FC Stars - 1
          GA – 2
          CSA-Monmouth – 2
          EDP - 3
          CSA-Bergan -1
          PSA Wildcats - 2

Why were they playing in such a craptastic tournament?

Comment

Team backed out so they needed someone to fill the void.

Where are all these others games happening? Scrimmaging themselves? She waits for club ball/wouldn't see a game until next year probably.
            So raises the question why PDA, WC and the other clubs represented on the NJ Fire roster aren't playing in tournaments like the Hammonton Fall Kickoff, especially given they didn't play last spring. Have they just shut it down?

Comment

Just because I was bored - The 06 NJ Fire Black team break down:

ECNL - 9
              PDA Blue – 2
              PDA White – 1
              PDA Blue 07 - 1
              WC – 4
              FC Stars - 1
              GA – 2
              CSA-Monmouth – 2
              EDP - 3
              CSA-Bergan -1
              PSA Wildcats - 2

Why were they playing in such a craptastic tournament?
              But if you look at their social media they just brag about these team as if they are theirs. It’s made up of girls from all these clubs and NJ Fire has literally had nothing to do with their training. My question is why would a parent from PDA allow their kid to risk getting injured for NJ Fire?

Comment

Relax

But if you look at their social media they just brag about these team as if they are theirs. It’s made up of girls from all these clubs and NJ Fire has literally had nothing to do with their training. My question is why would a parent from PDA allow their kid to risk getting injured for NJ Fire?
                WHat parent would deny their kid a chance to have some fun doing something they enjoy. Live and let live as life is way too short.

Question has been asked but no answers yet. What are the clubs doing with all your money? Would think they would be eager to show their customers that the kids actually do get to play soccer after shelling out thousands of $'s.

Lots of Karen's and Ken's up in here.

Comment

WHat parent would deny their kid a chance to have some fun doing something they enjoy. Live and let live as life is way too short.

Question has been asked but no answers yet. What are the clubs doing with all your money? Would think they would be eager to show their customers that the kids actually do get to play soccer after shelling out thousands of $'s.

Lots of Karen's and Ken's up in here.
                  Who would deny their kid having fun? LMAO
                  The girls play for top clubs. Plenty of opportunities for tournaments etc with their own club. Not risking a broken ankle to play for NJ Fire so they can brag on their Facebook page using my daughter do it. There are a lot of other “fun” activities that aren’t playing for another team. I wouldn’t even call NJ Fire a club lol

Comment

I would venture to say...extra exposure, more playing time (these might be bench warmers for their own team), play with friends....etc....

Honestly though...So what if they play for a "showcase" team. Since my D doesn't play for nor do we live near enough to even play for them I can't say what development they do. My D trains with an older showcase team once a week and plays in tournaments if the need arises.

Comment

The girls play for top clubs. Plenty of opportunities for tournaments etc with their own club. Not risking a broken ankle to play for NJ Fire so they can brag on their Facebook page using my daughter do it. There are a lot of other “fun” activities that aren’t playing for another team. I wouldn’t even call NJ Fire a club lol
                      Meh, I don't see it as a big deal. Look at it as playing HS with your friends.

Comment

This is clearly one of the Match Fit staff jealous that nobody from their club is good enough to make the team!

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2832904]Just because I was bored - The 06 NJ Fire Black team break down:

ECNL - 9
                          PDA Blue – 2
                          PDA White – 1
                          PDA Blue 07 - 1
                          WC – 4
                          FC Stars - 1
                          GA – 2
                          CSA-Monmouth – 2
                          EDP - 3
                          CSA-Bergan -1
                          PSA Wildcats - 2

And none of their teams have an issue with their this? Interesting.

Comment

And none of their teams have an issue with their this? Interesting.
                            I always find this a funny comment. Unless a club is giving the player a full scholarship, what business is it of theirs if the player also plays/trains elsewhere? Provided, of course, that the outside training doesn’t interfere with home club activities.

They’re so scared of losing customers and being discovered for their lesser training that they threaten and punish players for doing something they have every right to do.

Comment

Load of bs

im of the opinion that playing low level teams does more damage than good. Yea being on field is fun but if you are a player at a certain level, going against town teams is only going to hurt your performance, not help it. Showcase teams are cool but its a hard balancing act to get them in the right events.
                              Top clubs havent done squat for what $ they collect.

How does taking an extra couple dozen corners/free kicks etc. damage a kids performance? I may be old but years ago you had to play rec to play travel and lots of repetition only helps/accelerates development.

Creativity in the US game is lacking and playing against teams with 11 behind the ball you need to do things differently. IMO you can learn something every time you play. No different than a pickup game (those dont really happen in these parts anymore). No pressure and just fun soccer.

Comment

Top clubs havent done squat for what $ they collect.

How does taking an extra couple dozen corners/free kicks etc. damage a kids performance? I may be old but years ago you had to play rec to play travel and lots of repetition only helps/accelerates development.

Creativity in the US game is lacking and playing against teams with 11 behind the ball you need to do things differently. IMO you can learn something every time you play. No different than a pickup game (those dont really happen in these parts anymore). No pressure and just fun soccer.
                                It’s like playing HS soccer, bad habits are formed on the field when playing lower level soccer. And if your top clubs not doing anything for the team then maybe you should look elsewhere

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X