Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 01-30-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If there were no DA, I could see how ECNLwould consider a third team on LI. Even that is not probable. Now with DA, there is zero chance of that happening.
Do you think? ECNL is trying to fill spots to replace those that left and the DA's that are sending their B teams. Plus, now they have guys to consider. worth a shot I think. you never know.
Old 01-30-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
However, Solo has raised some solid points. She's been in the trenches. She has seen probably more problems then we even know. She probably has signed a confidentiality agreement with her settlement. but you know she has some stories to tell.
Don't think she wins, but her points should not be ignored. Come to think of it, I didn't think Trump would win either.
I wonder if they would have honored her 200 cap had she not thrown her hat in the ring for USSF Pres. Wonder if they are trying to make nice with her; just in case. The timing of the honor was just odd to me.
Old 01-30-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Do you think? ECNL is trying to fill spots to replace those that left and the DA's that are sending their B teams. Plus, now they have guys to consider. worth a shot I think. you never know.
I believe ECNL already has more franchises than the DA. If they were to grow, I would think it would be in areas where the DA currently has no presence.
Old 01-30-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
I believe ECNL already has more franchises than the DA. If they were to grow, I would think it would be in areas where the DA currently has no presence.
Let's be honest, you're making it seem like there are 2 viable DA options on LI...there isn't. If you think ECNL isn't weighing and measuring the make-up, success and local geography of the market of clubs that apply, you're wrong.
Old 01-30-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Let's be honest, you're making it seem like there are 2 viable DA options on LI...there isn't. If you think ECNL isn't weighing and measuring the make-up, success and local geography of the market of clubs that apply, you're wrong.
ECNL definitely is. But, LISC will be around at least another couple years. They started way behind the eight ball and Fury jumped all over any good player. USSDA knows this. There will be a lot of change next year and LISC will be much improved. And all that means is not the worst program in the NE. Empire already has that for this year anyway. So, ECNL will have to wait this out locally.

Can I see SUSA getting ECNL someday. I could. But, as the current situation is constituted, it makes no sense.
Old 01-30-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
I agree. They like to put teams in close proximity so the complaining regarding travel is minimal. Plus I think they want the markets to push each other. ECNL lost a lot of top talent as far as teams and players. I'm not trying to be jerky and go GDA, but they did. There are teams that are ECNL now that I would have never expected would have had a chance prior to the GDA and loosing some top clubs altogether that picked GDA over ECNL.

It's a real mess out there. And, if the club has a boys team that is looking for ECNL status, too, I think they are really giving your application serious consideration. It's worth a shot. Good luck.
Old 01-30-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
ECNL definitely is. But, LISC will be around at least another couple years. They started way behind the eight ball and Fury jumped all over any good player. USSDA knows this. There will be a lot of change next year and LISC will be much improved. And all that means is not the worst program in the NE. Empire already has that for this year anyway. So, ECNL will have to wait this out locally.

Can I see SUSA getting ECNL someday. I could. But, as the current situation is constituted, it makes no sense.
Improved how? What has changed?
Old 03-02-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Hearing that USSDA will announce that the girls academy will launch a U13 age group addition for 2018/2019 season any day
Any day as in any month?
Old 03-09-2018
Unregistered

I guess no u13 for next season?
Old 03-09-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
I guess no u13 for next season?
Maybe separate announcement regarding age group / years? Still no confirm regarding current year U 15 being standalone U16.