Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What do u mean by a favor to us is a good thing.
To ussf
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
When will NYSC get full DAP, 1 year, 2 years, 5 years? No one knows. They have been waiting four years or so for full DAP now already

A merger is the quickest and most sure way for them to achieve full DAP. Yes. They could drag their feet but that's a gamble.

A merger whether it's BS or FCW gets that immediately. It also helps USSF out of a bind too. A favor to USSF is a good thing
Yes but if DA is expanding they'll probably get it quickly and without all the headaches of a merger. They can wait a little while. FCW and BS aren't doing great but they aren't going away either. BS might get even more desperate as time passes if they can't find a good home
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What do u mean by a favor to us is a good thing.
Helping out USSF by merging with an underperforming team is assisting USSF. Even though to another posters point they could wait it out.

USSF would owe NYSC a favor which could be redeemed at a later time.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes but if DA is expanding they'll probably get it quickly and without all the headaches of a merger. They can wait a little while. FCW and BS aren't doing great but they aren't going away either. BS might get even more desperate as time passes if they can't find a good home
IF DAP is expanding its into new underpentrated territories. They have a glut of clubs in Northeast
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
2 hours away? Right

BS prime base is lower Fairfield county Gold Coast (New Canaan, Darien, Stamford, Greenwich) where it's an easy counter commute (30-45 minutes max) to Westchester

One of NYSC most recent top players, Tyler Shaver, came from Greenwich. He played for BS coaches growing up. He played at NYSC, then BS and now NYCFC

Several Everton CT players made the commute to Westchester for FCW and now NYCFC

Greenwich ain't Bridgeport, where half of BSC practices are. Good luck getting from lower Westchester to Bridgeport or vice versa in rush hour in under 90minutes to 2 hours.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
IF DAP is expanding its into new underpentrated territories. They have a glut of clubs in Northeast
But it's not a big deal to give NYSC full status. Also the rumor is they're splitting into two tiers, MLS on top, in which case they'll need more non MLS clubs to keep the already absurd travel manageable. At this point it's clear USSF is more about putting other leagues out of business. They can do that by trying to steal market share. We aren't producing more players so they have to come from somewhere
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
But it's not a big deal to give NYSC full status. Also the rumor is they're splitting into two tiers, MLS on top, in which case they'll need more non MLS clubs to keep the already absurd travel manageable. At this point it's clear USSF is more about putting other leagues out of business. They can do that by trying to steal market share. We aren't producing more players so they have to come from somewhere
If it's not a big deal than why haven't the received full DAP already.

They want to expand elsewhere than NY
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If it's not a big deal than why haven't the received full DAP already.

They want to expand elsewhere than NY
They only just got the younger years and USSF usually starts off that way then adds older teams as clubs prove themselves. NYCFC didn't start off full DA and they're a freaking MLS club.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
They only just got the younger years and USSF usually starts off that way then adds older teams as clubs prove themselves. NYCFC didn't start off full DA and they're a freaking MLS club.
That was NYCFCs choice not USSFs ... big difference
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Merger not happening. Talks have broken down.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.