Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 01-18-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I agree with above - they're likely to get it anyway, maybe just a year longer. Merging with Beachside brings them very little and supposedly the BS owner is an arrogant nut. They also don't have their own facilities and the CT board says their attempt to build one has fallen through.
Not for nothing I have been hearing about NYSC getting full DAP for about 4 years now

A merger with an existing club is the quickest path to making that a reality.

Furthermore DAP has traditionally taken a zero sum approach to full DAP ... in other words no new full DAP until one is taken away.
Old 01-18-2018
Unregistered

If there is any truth to this story, I think an important feature to consider is the present day reputations of both organizations. NYSC has a strong reputation based on player development, integrity and intelligent leadership. The other club, not so much. I would advise NYSC to tread carefully.
Old 01-18-2018
Unregistered

this merger talk is silliness. same as the fcw merger rumor for last 5 years. nysc now has facility, just got U15 academy, looks strong to get higher ages, and a director who coaches national teams. what does merging with a club that plays 2 hours away on i-95 (with traffic) get them. ridiculous.
Old 01-18-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
this merger talk is silliness. same as the fcw merger rumor for last 5 years. nysc now has facility, just got U15 academy, looks strong to get higher ages, and a director who coaches national teams. what does merging with a club that plays 2 hours away on i-95 (with traffic) get them. ridiculous.
I'm of the impression that NYSC has been letting its tippy top players go to NYCFC (as it's supposed to) but lately coaches have been moving over also.

Perhaps, this will give them stability ... having access to additional top quality coaches.
Old 01-18-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
2 hours away? Right

BS prime base is lower Fairfield county Gold Coast (New Canaan, Darien, Stamford, Greenwich) where it's an easy counter commute (30-45 minutes max) to Westchester

One of NYSC most recent top players, Tyler Shaver, came from Greenwich. He played for BS coaches growing up. He played at NYSC, then BS and now NYCFC

Several Everton CT players made the commute to Westchester for FCW and now NYCFC
Old 01-18-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
2 hours away? Right

BS prime base is lower Fairfield county Gold Coast (New Canaan, Darien, Stamford, Greenwich) where it's an easy counter commute (30-45 minutes max) to Westchester

One of NYSC most recent top players, Tyler Shaver, came from Greenwich. He played for BS coaches growing up. He played at NYSC, then BS and now NYCFC

Several Everton CT players made the commute to Westchester for FCW and now NYCFC
Thing is, CT players who want NYSC or FCW or are good enough for an MLS club are already finding their way to those clubs. Also, not all of BS families come from lower FC; plenty also come from upper FC and even further in some cases. Yes it would be counter commute going down, but not coming back. In fact traffic is horrible going north. I don't see too many families going well into Westchester beyond what is already going on. BS was trying to build a facility in upper FC which isn't good for it's core lower FC base, but now it looks like that's dead. Supposedly USSF is pressuring them to build but obviously land costs closer to their base is stratospheric.
Old 01-18-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Thing is, CT players who want NYSC or FCW or are good enough for an MLS club are already finding their way to those clubs. Also, not all of BS families come from lower FC; plenty also come from upper FC and even further in some cases. Yes it would be counter commute going down, but not coming back. In fact traffic is horrible going north. I don't see too many families going well into Westchester beyond what is already going on. BS was trying to build a facility in upper FC which isn't good for it's core lower FC base, but now it looks like that's dead. Supposedly USSF is pressuring them to build but obviously land costs closer to their base is stratospheric.
The facility project died because they attempted to pay for it with parent and alumni donations. That scheme failed, they have no Plan B, hence they are desperate to merge. USSF definitely pressuring them for facility, to no avail.

NYSC firmly in the driver seat here.
Old 01-19-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
The facility project died because they attempted to pay for it with parent and alumni donations. That scheme failed, they have no Plan B, hence they are desperate to merge. USSF definitely pressuring them for facility, to no avail.

NYSC firmly in the driver seat here.
They are, but I don't see what it buys them. If any of this is true, NYSC should drag their feet to see what happens with possible DA expansion. They could get a full badge quickly and they certainly are a good club. If anything a merger with FCW makes more sense as they're drawing from a the same area and FCW is starting to slip off the radar also.
Old 01-19-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
They are, but I don't see what it buys them. If any of this is true, NYSC should drag their feet to see what happens with possible DA expansion. They could get a full badge quickly and they certainly are a good club. If anything a merger with FCW makes more sense as they're drawing from a the same area and FCW is starting to slip off the radar also.
When will NYSC get full DAP, 1 year, 2 years, 5 years? No one knows. They have been waiting four years or so for full DAP now already

A merger is the quickest and most sure way for them to achieve full DAP. Yes. They could drag their feet but that's a gamble.

A merger whether it's BS or FCW gets that immediately. It also helps USSF out of a bind too. A favor to USSF is a good thing
Old 01-19-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
When will NYSC get full DAP, 1 year, 2 years, 5 years? No one knows. They have been waiting four years or so for full DAP now already

A merger is the quickest and most sure way for them to achieve full DAP. Yes. They could drag their feet but that's a gamble.

A merger whether it's BS or FCW gets that immediately. It also helps USSF out of a bind too. A favor to USSF is a good thing
What do u mean by a favor to us is a good thing.