Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 12-15-2017
Unregistered

Default SURF-ing on Long Island

So somebody told me that SURF is a big thing elsewhere in the country. What does anyone know of them on Long Island. I heard they tried to put something together partnering with Stonybrook but that fell apart and now they are listing. Any value to them?
Old 12-15-2017
Unregistered

http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showthread.php?t=145591
Old 12-15-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So somebody told me that SURF is a big thing elsewhere in the country. What does anyone know of them on Long Island. I heard they tried to put something together partnering with Stonybrook but that fell apart and now they are listing. Any value to them?
Not a top club on Long Island
Massapequa SC
SUSA
East Meadow SC

dont know if i missed any, but these are the top clubs on LI
Old 12-15-2017
Unregistered

San Diego Surf is a very big deal. They have licensed their name to other clubs throughout the country. Some are successful. Some aren't. The NY effort appears to have been originally set up to benefit specifically the kids of some coaches in Westchester but when the age group changes hit and caused chaos they made a power play to expand and tried to pick up teams on Long Island as well. It failed badly.

The have a bunch of names on their letterhead but after two years they still don't have fields, tried to run two tournaments that they abandoned, don't have teams in every age group and the few really successful teams they have had already been successful at their previous clubs. They have shown zero ability to develop anyone.
Old 12-15-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
San Diego Surf is a very big deal. They have licensed their name to other clubs throughout the country. Some are successful. Some aren't. The NY effort appears to have been originally set up to benefit specifically the kids of some coaches in Westchester but when the age group changes hit and caused chaos they made a power play to expand and tried to pick up teams on Long Island as well. It failed badly.

The have a bunch of names on their letterhead but after two years they still don't have fields, tried to run two tournaments that they abandoned, don't have teams in every age group and the few really successful teams they have had already been successful at their previous clubs. They have shown zero ability to develop anyone.
Maybe so in San Diego..but wont take off here on Long Island. They are trying, but not getting the players or results, too many quality clubs well established here
Old 12-15-2017
Unregistered

They are the real deal. Best coaches on the island and at destined for the top leagues. Awesome at futsal

Anyone who says otherwise is just jealous

Larry Miler
Old 12-15-2017
Unregistered

Just saw they had tryouts looking for players.....
Old 12-15-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
They are the real deal. Best coaches on the island and at destined for the top leagues. Awesome at futsal

Anyone who says otherwise is just jealous

Larry Miler
forget the coaches for now,,,but what top leagues are they currently playing in ??? really ?? sounds like someone is plugging their club for exposer !! NY Surf here on LI suck !!
Old 12-15-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Just saw they had tryouts looking for players.....
Looking because everyone is leaving for other clubs...my daughter and 3 others i know left. 3 to SUSA and 1 to east meadow.
Old 12-15-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
forget the coaches for now,,,but what top leagues are they currently playing in ??? really ?? sounds like someone is plugging their club for exposer !! NY Surf here on LI suck !!
You are jealous