Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Politics is everywhere. Just have to do the best you can and hope the kids continue to enjoy the game.
    More smoke than politics at our school right now.

Comment

It seems the OSAA does not enforce their own rules.

multiple 6A schools run practices all summer with coaches on the field calling them "summer camp"

Hazing. lining kids up against the wall and having another kid kick the ball at them and if they flinch they do not make varsity.

Is OSAA just a paper tiger?
      Did this really happen?

Comment

Did this really happen?
        Back in the day, lining up and drilling the ball at kids is/was called "Dodgeball"----this day and age, it's frowned upon and considered 'hazing' but then again, a lot of things we used to do and play, as kids, would be looked in horror, in this day....such as a game called "Smear the que...." you know the game!

Or "Dodgeball" or "Pig Pile" or anything remotely resembling violence......

Comment

Back in the day, lining up and drilling the ball at kids is/was called "Dodgeball"----this day and age, it's frowned upon and considered 'hazing' but then again, a lot of things we used to do and play, as kids, would be looked in horror, in this day....such as a game called "Smear the que...." you know the game!

Hahaha...Smear the QU___! We literally played that game every recess in 2nd and 3rd grade, before the nuns at my school banned it, due to all of the fights! That is the problem today, our snowflakes (my children included) have never learned to embrace the uncomfortable and learn from it. At the end of the day, Dodge ball is just a contest. Smear the _ _ _ _ _ or pig pile is just a contest. No different really, than taking a pair of socks and making a ball for soccer, or basketball, or handball....it is a means for competing. Now days, kids don't seem to be able to compete without their paying $1500.00 for them to do so. America = soft.

Comment

Hahaha...Smear the QU___! We literally played that game every recess in 2nd and 3rd grade, before the nuns at my school banned it, due to all of the fights! That is the problem today, our snowflakes (my children included) have never learned to embrace the uncomfortable and learn from it. At the end of the day, Dodge ball is just a contest. Smear the _ _ _ _ _ or pig pile is just a contest. No different really, than taking a pair of socks and making a ball for soccer, or basketball, or handball....it is a means for competing. Now days, kids don't seem to be able to compete without their paying $1500.00 for them to do so. America = soft.
            For football, Much worse...and a time honored tradition of earning respect. Painful? Sure, absolutely! But, once you got through it you were accepted and you were stronger for it.

Comment

For football, Much worse...and a time honored tradition of earning respect. Painful? Sure, absolutely! But, once you got through it you were accepted and you were stronger for it.
              I played high level football at multiple levels. We had a couple instances where people tried to pull the hazing BS. Always older, loser, morons. You cut them out and kick them out fast if you are a coach or a team leader.

Anyone who tries to haze plebes/rookies needs to have the team leaders step up and deliver a midnight code red and then pushed to an immediate dismissal from the team. I won't go into anymore detail.

Comment

People who instigate hazing should be watched very closely. Psychologically damaged similar to kids who hurt animals. It shows a deep seated mental defect. Keep away from kids and farm animals. Give them the longest possible incarceration sentencing on the first offense.

Comment

I played high level football at multiple levels. We had a couple instances where people tried to pull the hazing BS. Always older, loser, morons. You cut them out and kick them out fast if you are a coach or a team leader.

Anyone who tries to haze plebes/rookies needs to have the team leaders step up and deliver a midnight code red and then pushed to an immediate dismissal from the team. I won't go into anymore detail.
                  Hypocrite. You condemn hazing, and then in the next breath condone a code red. Very revealing of your true character and thoughts two face.

Comment

People who instigate hazing should be watched very closely. Psychologically damaged similar to kids who hurt animals. It shows a deep seated mental defect. Keep away from kids and farm animals. Give them the longest possible incarceration sentencing on the first offense.
                    I think this a little over the top. Hazing takes many different forms, and not all of them are bullying, belittling or denigrating. Some of them are team building oriented, and quite frankly necessary in my opinion. Newbie/underclassmen carry the equipment...so on. Physical violence, psychological violence are not okay, but also a whole different matter.

Comment

Hypocrite. You condemn hazing, and then in the next breath condone a code red. Very revealing of your true character and thoughts two face.
                      Are you really that stupid?

Hazing is grounded in psychological tourture. Plain and simple. If I choose to beat the sense out of someone who engages in that, in order to protect people, that is justice in my eyes. I can sleep well at night.

That was very successful in shutting done the losers that tried to haze.

Comment

It seems the OSAA does not enforce their own rules.

multiple 6A schools run practices all summer with coaches on the field calling them "summer camp"

Hazing. lining kids up against the wall and having another kid kick the ball at them and if they flinch they do not make varsity.

Is OSAA just a paper tiger?
                        Did this really happen?

Comment

Are you really that stupid?

Hazing is grounded in psychological tourture. Plain and simple. If I choose to beat the sense out of someone who engages in that, in order to protect people, that is justice in my eyes. I can sleep well at night.

That was very successful in shutting done the losers that tried to haze.
                          Please, you were the one who was hazed and beat up. Lol b*tch.

Comment

Please, you were the one who was hazed and beat up. Lol b*tch.
                            Must feel good to be able to talk tough for once in your life. Hiding out where nobody can see you.

Comment

My little Timmy got beat by Sarah today in four square and he came home crying his friends made fun of him for losing to a girl. I think they should ban this game it's mentally abusive .

Comment

The most dangerous people are the weaklings. Scheming conniving weaklings.

They are always the instigators of having. They live their lives with stress hormones flooding their brain.

Keep an eye on them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X