Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What a jealous piece of crap. What will you say when that kid gets first team all state?
    I will ask where she is when she doesn't...lol
    And I really don't think you are helping her here.

Comment

I will ask where she is when she doesn't...lol
      And I really don't think you are helping her here.
      I have not seen her play but does she has good footwork and skills. Is she above 5’8? When she get to the next level those are deciding factors. If not she will have trouble playing at D1 level. Maybe a decent D2 if she find the right fit.

Comment

Wow. I'm one of the posters who thinks this Scituate situation is ridiculous and has posted in the past, but I'm not even the one who has made any comments recently. I think I'll just sit back and watch everyone else in the state get irritated with them and their GK. BTW, It's all the Coach and the Mom making the ridiculous posts, not a troll.

Comment

I have not seen her play but does she has good footwork and skills. Is she above 5’8? When she get to the next level those are deciding factors. If not she will have trouble playing at D1 level. Maybe a decent D2 if she find the right fit.
          As another who is sick of the overhyping as well as the tearing down....Kid may not even care to play anywhere else beyond high school, but that is irrelevant to whatever conversations all of you knuckleheads keep having about the player, whether you are for/against her. If she is good she will be recognized and we can let those results speak for themselves.

Comment

As another who is sick of the overhyping as well as the tearing down....Kid may not even care to play anywhere else beyond high school, but that is irrelevant to whatever conversations all of you knuckleheads keep having about the player, whether you are for/against her. If she is good she will be recognized and we can let those results speak for themselves.
            You guys are obviously being trolled. So like a recent poster said, stop picking on kids/parents and for the other side stop even mentioning anyone on the team until well into the season. At that point records and personal accolades will come into focus.

Comment

Wow. I'm one of the posters who thinks this Scituate situation is ridiculous and has posted in the past, but I'm not even the one who has made any comments recently. I think I'll just sit back and watch everyone else in the state get irritated with them and their GK. BTW, It's all the Coach and the Mom making the ridiculous posts, not a troll.
              Recall the 1st team all state GK last year was just a SO so you have both the returning 1st team and 2d team all state GK now competing in D1. Pretty start cutting the deals with the other dues paying coaches..

Comment

Recall the 1st team all state GK last year was just a SO so you have both the returning 1st team and 2d team all state GK now competing in D1. Pretty start cutting the deals with the other dues paying coaches..
                No clue what that even means or what you are saying.

Comment

No clue what that even means or what you are saying.
                  Trying to guess, but perhaps the chatter about one player is because both the 1st team and 2d team all-state GK from last year are now both playing in D1 so trying to make the case for one over the other.

The other part has been discussed here in the past that at least the RIGSCA all-whatever teams are done based on the coaches who pay the association dues and cut deals as it has been suggested there is an informal quota system. I have no clue how PROJO picks their all-state teams...

Comment

Trying to guess, but perhaps the chatter about one player is because both the 1st team and 2d team all-state GK from last year are now both playing in D1 so trying to make the case for one over the other.

The other part has been discussed here in the past that at least the RIGSCA all-whatever teams are done based on the coaches who pay the association dues and cut deals as it has been suggested there is an informal quota system. I have no clue how PROJO picks their all-state teams...
                    "Cut deals" Such an asinine statement! Really? So the coaches pay dues so they can cut deals to get certain players on or off All State? I have sat in that room the past couple of years as an assistant (non voter) and I can tell you that is not the case at all. They start with a position, such as GK, and the coaches who think their player is "All State" will nominate and then talk about them. Then it will come to vote/s and you have your All State picks for that position.
                    No deals are cut. And it takes, literally, hours. Everyone in that room is very honest regarding the players (something most parents can't handle). It is taken very seriously. I am not coaching this year but I will give credit to ALL the coaches, especially D1. That is one meeting they all do their best to do what's right. If a coach tells you any different he/she is just shining you on because they know they are going to hear a parents BS.
                    The only ones that are pissed at the end are the parents that can't accept that their player didn't make whatever team THEY thought they deserved. It's usually pretty accurate, however, most parents can't admit that. Maybe a mistake here and there, nothing is perfect in this world.
                    Enjoy your sport season they come and go quickly. I miss my child playing. And she wasn't on any ALL anything team.
                    Based on last year and what I have seen this year there is no doubt that last year's 1st team GK is the best. Let's see how this plays out.

Comment

"Cut deals" Such an asinine statement! Really? So the coaches pay dues so they can cut deals to get certain players on or off All State? I have sat in that room the past couple of years as an assistant (non voter) and I can tell you that is not the case at all. They start with a position, such as GK, and the coaches who think their player is "All State" will nominate and then talk about them. Then it will come to vote/s and you have your All State picks for that position.
                      No deals are cut. And it takes, literally, hours. Everyone in that room is very honest regarding the players (something most parents can't handle). It is taken very seriously. I am not coaching this year but I will give credit to ALL the coaches, especially D1. That is one meeting they all do their best to do what's right. If a coach tells you any different he/she is just shining you on because they know they are going to hear a parents BS.
                      The only ones that are pissed at the end are the parents that can't accept that their player didn't make whatever team THEY thought they deserved. It's usually pretty accurate, however, most parents can't admit that. Maybe a mistake here and there, nothing is perfect in this world.
                      Enjoy your sport season they come and go quickly. I miss my child playing. And she wasn't on any ALL anything team.
                      Based on last year and what I have seen this year there is no doubt that last year's 1st team GK is the best. Let's see how this plays out.
                      Someone ALMOST made it through the post without lobbying for a specific player...thanks SK goalie parent. Lol

Comment

Someone ALMOST made it through the post without lobbying for a specific player...thanks SK goalie parent. Lol
                        Good try to deflect Scituate gk dad or mom.

Comment

Good try to deflect Scituate gk dad or mom.
                          I wrote the post and I am not from SK and I am not lobbying for anyone, just my opinion. Only stating a fact. Scituate gk is NOT the best in the state, sorry. I don't even think she is the second best. I am no longer a coach so it doesn't matter what I think. My only point is that the coaches have always done their best to get the kids where they belong. Is it perfect, no. Scit GK is Third or Fourth at best. Have a nice day!

Comment

I wrote the post and I am not from SK and I am not lobbying for anyone, just my opinion. Only stating a fact. Scituate gk is NOT the best in the state, sorry. I don't even think she is the second best. I am no longer a coach so it doesn't matter what I think. My only point is that the coaches have always done their best to get the kids where they belong. Is it perfect, no. Scit GK is Third or Fourth at best. Have a nice day!
                            I actually like the Smithfield GK better than her too.

Comment

I actually like the Smithfield GK better than her too.
                              How about the MH GK or LaSalle. I think they have always been good too.

Comment

How about the MH GK or LaSalle. I think they have always been good too.
                                Barrington GK is rarely mentioned, but pretty darngood too. Point is, that there are a lot of good GK talent in D1, so to claim one is top dog at this point is silly. Let’s see how rest of season plays out.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X