X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    the Old ISA is Susa- Susa bought ISA
    There were two ISA's. You had the Intense Soccer Academy on the south shore, that SUSA bought. And you had the International Soccer Academy on the north short, that eventually SUSA also bought, lol.

Comment

KK Atletico is quietly begging for players

There were two ISA's. You had the Intense Soccer Academy on the south shore, that SUSA bought. And you had the International Soccer Academy on the north short, that eventually SUSA also bought, lol.
      They should have called in Insane Soccer Academy because the parents were insane! That group is part of the reason SUSA is such a snake pit.

Comment

Did it ever occur that maybe the training was not that great after all. The fact that they were the only game in town and were able to draw the better players is what made them good. Now with all the competition KK is not able to draw the top players, not only because of competition but his persona don't help either. This ship will not be righted, once these players leave they take with them their siblings also. KK will go back to being just a training organization with no teams, be less headache for him.
        I disagree about the training, I think they did a very good job with it. That being said, you're right about KK no longer being the only game in town. It used to be like shooting fish in a barrel! I know kids who maybe 4-5 years ago, were strong players with siblings in the program, who didn't make KK teams! Now, it's a walk-on situation.

As it's been said before, Kurt is a good trainer but an AWFUL businessman. I'm watching this downfall and thinking how easily he could've stopped the bleeding a year or 2 ago when all the signs were showing. Instead he just made misstep after misstep and literally handed his program over to the likes of Susa (girls) and Barca (boys)...not to mention the train wreck situations with Brentwood and LISC. Ugh, what a mess!

Comment

KK Atletico is quietly begging for players

I disagree about the training, I think they did a very good job with it. That being said, you're right about KK no longer being the only game in town. It used to be like shooting fish in a barrel! I know kids who maybe 4-5 years ago, were strong players with siblings in the program, who didn't make KK teams! Now, it's a walk-on situation.

As it's been said before, Kurt is a good trainer but an AWFUL businessman. I'm watching this downfall and thinking how easily he could've stopped the bleeding a year or 2 ago when all the signs were showing. Instead he just made misstep after misstep and literally handed his program over to the likes of Susa (girls) and Barca (boys)...not to mention the train wreck situations with Brentwood and LISC. Ugh, what a mess!
          Yes you are right Atletico was a powerhouse a few years ago. I have seen the best and the worst of KK and HR at games and tournaments over the years. It takes a special kind a parent to subject their kid such inappropriate behavior at these impressionable ages.

Comment

KK's plan was basically suck up all the good town kids in the geographic area by being the only game in town, and then have them play a ridiculous schedule which through sheer number of hours on the ball would have players improve.

Part of the training was excellent. But a good amount of their success was a directly related to them lifting all the quality players from Sachem, Lake Grove and the other nearby clubs.

They aren't the default go-to club anymore and with Dan gone, the already over-scheduled staff is collapsing upon itself.

Comment

SUSA is a robber baron

Comment

KK's plan was basically suck up all the good town kids in the geographic area by being the only game in town, and then have them play a ridiculous schedule which through sheer number of hours on the ball would have players improve.

Part of the training was excellent. But a good amount of their success was a directly related to them lifting all the quality players from Sachem, Lake Grove and the other nearby clubs.

They aren't the default go-to club anymore and with Dan gone, the already over-scheduled staff is collapsing upon itself.
                To go one step further, Soccer is not a complicated game. Most kids, at least the ones that pay attention, pretty much know everything they need to know by they time they are 12. And there are no magic training secrets. High end teams are high end teams because they recruited naturally gifted athletes and motivated those athletes to put in the hours to hone their skills.

So when KK was destroying the world, it was because they had recruited naturally gifted athletes and had them practicing most of the week and playing multiple games every weekend to get those hours on the ball. It wasn't because their training is magical.

Comment

To go one step further, Soccer is not a complicated game. Most kids, at least the ones that pay attention, pretty much know everything they need to know by they time they are 12. And there are no magic training secrets. High end teams are high end teams because they recruited naturally gifted athletes and motivated those athletes to put in the hours to hone their skills.

So when KK was destroying the world, it was because they had recruited naturally gifted athletes and had them practicing most of the week and playing multiple games every weekend to get those hours on the ball. It wasn't because their training is magical.
                  lol.. so your kid couldnt hang at KK. We get it. Bottom line is there is not a better trainer than KK. He may not be able to run a program properly, but if you dont think that KK and his staff have developed more younger talent than anyone, you are crazy.

Comment

lol.. so your kid couldnt hang at KK. We get it. Bottom line is there is not a better trainer than KK. He may not be able to run a program properly, but if you dont think that KK and his staff have developed more younger talent than anyone, you are crazy.
                    You hit the nail on the head when you said "younger talent". Sure you can train kids at 8,9,10 to be fast and aggressive and pump up the kids who are natural athletes to be your stars, but then what? What happens when the other kids catch up? That's usually when KK dumps the teams on someone else, right around 13/14 when the other kids are running circles around KK kids when it comes to tactical and technical skill.

Comment

You hit the nail on the head when you said "younger talent". Sure you can train kids at 8,9,10 to be fast and aggressive and pump up the kids who are natural athletes to be your stars, but then what? What happens when the other kids catch up? That's usually when KK dumps the teams on someone else, right around 13/14 when the other kids are running circles around KK kids when it comes to tactical and technical skill.
                      uh no. You may see teams be better teams because they are focused on winning. KK kids hands down have more individual talent and development than other clubs. If you care about winning then yes you are correct, but if you care about development you are wrong. Set plays, blah blah blah.. its a shame because you are one who more than likely has their weekend determined by your childs win/loss outcome. Good luck!

Comment

You missed my point completely. I wasn't bashing KK. My point is that there is no such thing as "great" soccer training. There is good training and there is bad training. And for that matter some really awful training. There just isn't anything all that special about high end trainers.

Watch any pro game and 99.9% of the play is very straightforward fundamental moves executed with very high precision that only comes from hours on the ball.

Comment

More and more teams leaving the ever so friendly KK. He should have watched and cared about the business.

Comment

More and more teams leaving the ever so friendly KK. He should have watched and cared about the business.
                            All private these private acadamys are good with good trainors. theres no reason to bash one over the other. I think three years ago when KK was the one of the few in Central LI, they had a good thing going with little competition (SUSA was not like it is now three years ago). But now there is SUSA, Barca, Valencia ( and they are also planning for a training facility as well), Real Madrid is rumored to enter the NY Market in the next few years as well.

If you want to stay on top, you must constantly evolve, adapt, and innovate, if not, you will learn a painful lesson from someone who has.

Regardless, these are exciting times for LI soccer.

Comment

What teams will those be? Enlighten us

Comment

What teams will those be? Enlighten us
                                My club could use some 04 players still. Let me know if KK's 04's break up.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X