Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Crossfire 03s just got two new good players but KL had to offer them fully waived club fees, free kits and starting 1-11 positions for the 17-18 year to get them in the door.
    The 'free ride' rumor mill ALWAYS HAPPENS every year and blaming a particular club. Crossfire, THUSC, FC, WT-all always seem to be targets of the rumor mill.

Do you have physical written proof? Do you know the financial aid process for your club, what the qualifications are, and how much is awarded for every approved applicant?

Comment

Crossfire 03s just got two new good players but KL had to offer them fully waived club fees, free kits and starting 1-11 positions for the 17-18 year to get them in the door.
      What team did the players come from?

Comment

The 'free ride' rumor mill ALWAYS HAPPENS every year and blaming a particular club. Crossfire, THUSC, FC, WT-all always seem to be targets of the rumor mill.

Do you have physical written proof? Do you know the financial aid process for your club, what the qualifications are, and how much is awarded for every approved applicant?
        These two families didn't need the financial aid. It is a scholarship because they are simply that good. Other clubs also do this at this level. The team is grateful to have the new additions.

Comment

What team did the players come from?
          GPS, duh

Comment

Just think. I was told Ecnl was going to develop my kid. I found out that I'm now paying for a kid who wasn't developed through Ecnl and realize now that Ecnl hurt my kids development.

Comment

Promising starting positions to girls who never played "elite" ECNL level? How does he know they will be able to perform?

Comment

Promising starting positions to girls who never played "elite" ECNL level? How does he know they will be able to perform?
                They have practiced with the team and he has seen them play. They are a much needed facelift. They only parents here questioning their abilities are those who's girls are now not starting.

Comment

They have practiced with the team and he has seen them play. They are a much needed facelift. They only parents here questioning their abilities are those who's girls are now not starting.
                  I think the post was meant to reflect the irony of the claims about ECNL being elite. If 2-3 girls who may or may not have been regular starters from a non ECNL team can be promised starting spots, perhaps it is not as elite as claimed.

Comment

If they are class of 2021 and are that good they would be playing with the 02s.
                    It didn't take much to make a dent on that 03 Crossfire team.

Comment

There are NO free rides, totally bogus BS. Scholarships are a different matter based on financial need. Between a couple kids moving to other clubs or up/down an age group it all balances out. Bottomline, CU gains. Some kids taking a quick look at GDA not expected to turn. Extra $3k a year not a deal breaker. GPS loses a little but had good depth so will recover just fine. Its a sunny day today and we will return to clouds and rain tomorrow - in other words, take it easy peeps, life is good.

Comment

These two families didn't need the financial aid. It is a scholarship because they are simply that good. Other clubs also do this at this level. The team is grateful to have the new additions.
                        They could be discovery players. When my DD discovery played for a Washington ECNL team we purchased the uniform and paid for her travel. The discovery players can't take advantage of training which is a large part of what you are paying for.

Comment

There are NO free rides.
                          False. There were two. Again no biggie but if you didn't want it to get out then you should have minded your own house better.

Comment

False. There were two. Again no biggie but if you didn't want it to get out then you should have minded your own house better.
                            Says a lot about a club when they sell you on a league that is hurting their players and are forced to have said players pay for kids who are developed.

Comment

Says a lot about a club when they sell you on a league that is hurting their players and are forced to have said players pay for kids who are developed.
                              I think this will leave a cloud over the new girls and the old ones. Because it is true they were offered both no fee and travel expenses paid for. How do I know? It was offered to more than just the girls who are jumping.

Best of luck with that. Desperate times call for desperate measures!

Comment

Haha suckers

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X