Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYCSL didn't get hit too hard by EDP move.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Too bad US Soccer does not have the balls to issue an edict as follows

Only teams playing in DA can have the word Academy in their name/marketing materials
    Create standardized tiers naming conventions

Academy DA

Travel Elite or Premier (whatever name)
    Travel D1 & D2
    Rec D3-D5

Travel and Rec. has promotion and relegation - one sanctioning body
    What problem is any of this the solution to?

Comment

that the poster wants people know that HIS (or HER) kid plays real academy and everyone else sucks.

Comment

has john curtis left nycsl ???? I just got an email saying some O'Keefe fellow is now running the centers of excellence.

Comment

has john curtis left nycsl ???? I just got an email saying some O'Keefe fellow is now running the centers of excellence.
          John is still there. Alan took over most of the training locally in the winter & spring since the coe is now moving north of the city line and into CT.

Alan has been John for a number of years and us an excellent trainer.

Comment

The distance to travel to a soccer game each week...also...The scam of clubs calling themselves academy and allowing leagues to proliferate to the point
            Where parents have no clue the level kids belong.....the above will rectify that and reduce costs.

Comment

that the poster wants people know that HIS (or HER) kid plays real academy and everyone else sucks.
              My son does not play academy he played NPL was in the top third on his team and he is NOT one of the top 2 on his team.

BTW your response was kind of a d-bag comment since i was not naming a team or saying hiw grwat my son is...making an observation about a governing body and allowing the alphabet soup leagues of youth soccer and how they making parents and kids chase travel games all over the tristate area and increasing costs to the point a number of parents cannot afford it.

Comment

My son does not play academy he played NPL was in the top third on his team and he is NOT one of the top 2 on his team.

BTW your response was kind of a d-bag comment since i was not naming a team or saying hiw grwat my son is...making an observation about a governing body and allowing the alphabet soup leagues of youth soccer and how they making parents and kids chase travel games all over the tristate area and increasing costs to the point a number of parents cannot afford it.
                you have to excuse that this is TS and the general rule is that everyone here has a D1 prospect or potential MLS professional for a kid and that everyone else sucks. hang around long enough and you will see the usual tone of people's posts.

Comment

John is still there. Alan took over most of the training locally in the winter & spring since the coe is now moving north of the city line and into CT.

Alan has been John for a number of years and us an excellent trainer.
                  When John Curtis took over the NEP PDP in addition to Nycsl PDP, Alan became the director of COE. JC manages all the monthly PDPs and Select Squad and ID events. I think they're both great! I can't say enough about the opportunities and experiences my kid has been afforded through the PDP program. Really amazing...

Comment

you have to excuse that this is TS and the general rule is that everyone here has a D1 prospect or potential MLS professional for a kid and that everyone else sucks. hang around long enough and you will see the usual tone of people's posts.
                    Thank you for explaining, I understand your point good luck to you and your child in tbe upcoming season. Its going by fast...

Comment

Just curious: what does “top third” mean here? Assuming a roster of 18, with forwards, midfielders, defenders and GKs, what makes a player “top third”?

Comment

When John Curtis took over the NEP PDP in addition to Nycsl PDP, Alan became the director of COE. JC manages all the monthly PDPs and Select Squad and ID events. I think they're both great! I can't say enough about the opportunities and experiences my kid has been afforded through the PDP program. Really amazing...
                        What age range? My daughter is a u11 and was invited on to the program after tryouts last year but we weren’t sure about this.

Can you provide a little more info?

Comment

Just curious: what does “top third” mean here? Assuming a roster of 18, with forwards, midfielders, defenders and GKs, what makes a player “top third”?
                          Top third of 18 roster, two GK’s so 16 field players. So 5x3 = 15
                          He is in the top 5 players on his team but not one of the two best.
                          Trainer Starts him every game center midfield primarily and he rarely gets subbed off.
                          Well rounded player, but not the best on his team.

Comment

What age range? My daughter is a u11 and was invited on to the program after tryouts last year but we weren’t sure about this.

Can you provide a little more info?
                            I am not the op from above but here is my experience
                            my son u15 has done the COE for last 4 years typically Fall and winter last two years.
                            Before that it was Winter, Spring & Summer.
                            All the trainers are excellent they teach them about using their skills to link up, when to take players on, making runs to draw defenders and creating space for teammates.
                            My son sctually prefers Alan over John.

Comment

Center of Embarrassment

You must ask yourself what kind of program charges a fee for tryouts? Is it a program that really wants the best prospects or best prifits? The Center of “Excellence” is nothing but a money making scam. Don’t be a sucker.

Comment

Center of Embarrassment

You must ask yourself what kind of program charges a fee for tryouts? Is it a program that really wants the best prospects or best profits? The Center of “Excellence” is nothing but a money making scam. Don’t be a sucker.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X