Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alliance clubs. What has the alliance done for you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you're at an Alliance club, and don't like it, move. Unless you are in Bend, Medford, or Eugene, there's a decent soccer club down the street.

If you aren't at an alliance club, why do you care?

My DS is at an Alliance club, and I don't care either way frankly. If the club wanted to leave, fine by me--we're here for the club, not the silly ax on the shirt. But you sound like someone with a general ax to grind against the Timbers, not someone who is genuinely interested in improving the conditions at WashT, Westside, Eastside, Capitol, etc.
    You can't improve anything at these clubs if rumors are true about them being locked in by contracts with the timbers. Just support your kid and make sure your atm card is in good shape.

Comment

What they have done

The alliance clubs have built some very nice soccer complexes in Vancouver and East County.

It seems like the boards and staffs of the alliance clubs are more likely to give back to the community than non alliance clubs.

Comment

The alliance clubs have built some very nice soccer complexes in Vancouver and East County.

It seems like the boards and staffs of the alliance clubs are more likely to give back to the community than non alliance clubs.
        I’m from W-T-F-C and will say that the fields did not happen because of the alliance. They started the fields campaign in 2003, waaay before the alliance was formed.

From a parents perspective there is no benefit from being a part of an alliance club. My families club has many benefits that would be there with or without the alliance price.
        Maybe the coaches receive something?

Comment

I’m from W-T-F-C and will say that the fields did not happen because of the alliance. They started the fields campaign in 2003, waaay before the alliance was formed.

From a parents perspective there is no benefit from being a part of an alliance club. My families club has many benefits that would be there with or without the alliance price.
          They started talking about it in 2003 but there was ZERO money in the fund until about 2015. So, yes, it started after they joined the Alliance.

Comment

They started talking about it in 2003 but there was ZERO money in the fund until about 2015. So, yes, it started after they joined the Alliance.
            Nope.
            In 2011 they bought the turf.
            In 2005, plans were drawn.

The Alliance did nothing for the turf fields.

W-T-F-C has a huge $225k/year check being cut from Directors Mortgage, that’s what changed the club. They also have a $115k/year check from Hampton Inn.

Comment

That must have been started by the Orchards Soccer Club.

Comment

Nope.
                In 2011 they bought the turf.
                In 2005, plans were drawn.

The Alliance did nothing for the turf fields.

W-T-F-C has a huge $225k/year check being cut from Directors Mortgage, that’s what changed the club. They also have a $115k/year check from Hampton Inn.

You're several years off. They bought used turf that was slated for the Delta Park fields when they were delayed in 2014. That turf sat rolled up at Harmony for almost 2 years, home to all kinds of critters, before they finally found some sucker to underwrite a huge loan to get it installed. Now the club is about $2M in debt and had to ask for donations to fix their lawn mower when it broke this spring. Club is in terrible shape, but that's typical of Timbers Alliance clubs.

Comment

You're several years off. They bought used turf that was slated for the Delta Park fields when they were delayed in 2014. That turf sat rolled up at Harmony for almost 2 years, home to all kinds of critters, before they finally found some sucker to underwrite a huge loan to get it installed. Now the club is about $2M in debt and had to ask for donations to fix their lawn mower when it broke this spring. Club is in terrible shape, but that's typical of Timbers Alliance clubs.
                  You guys are getting closer but still wrong.

Turf materials for first two fields were paid for in cash.

Right now the debt stands at $520,000 left to pay everything off as of June 1st.

The executive director gets almost everything donated. They did not fix the lawn mower they ended up buying a new one for $50,000. I’m sure he was trying to avoid the cost.

The loan on the first two fields are scheduled to be paid off in 2021 and the third field was paid for in cash by sponsors and donations.

Comment

You guys are getting closer but still wrong.

Turf materials for first two fields were paid for in cash.

Right now the debt stands at $520,000 left to pay everything off as of June 1st.

The executive director gets almost everything donated. They did not fix the lawn mower they ended up buying a new one for $50,000. I’m sure he was trying to avoid the cost.

The loan on the first two fields are scheduled to be paid off in 2021 and the third field was paid for in cash by sponsors and donations.
                    Put a "1" in front of that "$520,000" and you'll be a lot closer to the truth. And they had to take out a loan from the local shark to buy a "gently used" 1990 mower to replace the old one that broke down because they couldn't afford simple maintenance.

Comment

Put a "1" in front of that "$520,000" and you'll be a lot closer to the truth. And they had to take out a loan from the local shark to buy a "gently used" 1990 mower to replace the old one that broke down because they couldn't afford simple maintenance.
                      Their fields look pretty nice to me. Nice grass and turf. If parking gets shorted it will be the best facility hands down. Eastside is nice but they don't have any grass fields.

Comment

Their fields look pretty nice to me. Nice grass and turf. If parking gets shorted it will be the best facility hands down. Eastside is nice but they don't have any grass fields.
                        But Eastside, like Harmony, has a gun range next door, so there's that.

Comment

But Eastside, like Harmony, has a gun range next door, so there's that.
                          Nothing wrong with hobbies and practicing some where safe.

Comment

Nothing wrong with hobbies and practicing some where safe.
                            Precisely! Love my guns.

Comment

Ummmmmm, no.

But you can plan on some work done to the parking lot and a clubhouse with a Futsal facility. If SJ closes the deal with 24hr fitness next month you’ll see a huge donation to build it with a workout facility for parents and players....or for someone like you that isn’t fit you can gonhave a pint.

Comment

Ummmmmm, no.

But you can plan on some work done to the parking lot and a clubhouse with a Futsal facility. If SJ closes the deal with 24hr fitness next month you’ll see a huge donation to build it with a workout facility for parents and players....or for someone like you that isn’t fit you can gonhave a pint.
                                The county got some money from the state to pave the driveway in the parking lot. That'll help but 95% of the lot will still be full of moon craters.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X