Albertson Withdraws From The ECNL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This really is comical. They're expanding more into DA when many of the top clubs are leaving because they're realizing it's not worth it. How many kids want to give up all other sports and high school soccer to play for a weak DA team that gets crushed every week. Wonder if he explained why they were publicizing that they were "All in" for ECNL when they knew that they would be "voluntarily" leaving. Very misleading. Poor kids that tried out and committed to that team. They're the ones who get hurt by this nonsense. This is the exact reason people do not like Albertson.

Comment

So will these teams play each other? What a joke this all is. Sounds like LISC is the only good DA program around.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        So will these teams play each other? What a joke this all is. Sounds like LISC is the only good DA program around.
        Trying to outjoke the joke?

Comment

Summary of meeting:

Withdrew from ECNL (sure)

Will have 2 DA teams - A and B

Parents that attended were threatened that if they go on TS or any other soccer website and he finds out that they would be kicked out of the club

Either you are with us or get out now. Meaning that if he finds out a kid tries out for another club they are out of Albertson

He will also stop college recruiting for anyone he finds out is not with him

Mood was quiet and he intimidated while trying to come off as helpful

Comment

Summary of meeting:

Withdrew from ECNL (sure)

Will have 2 DA teams - A and B

Parents that attended were threatened that if they go on TS or any other soccer website and he finds out that they would be kicked out of the club

Either you are with us or get out now. Meaning that if he finds out a kid tries out for another club they are out of Albertson

He will also stop college recruiting for anyone he finds out is not with him

Mood was quiet and he intimidated while trying to come off as helpful
            if he is so confident in what is offered, why can't it be discussed on forums? I think we are capable of weeding our the trolls and having a discussion.

Comment

it is interesting to note that the 2 most decorated soccer people in the area . Kaz Tambi and Paul Riley both believe in the GDA model.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with the model as long as there are players for it.

There is a gorgeous spec house available down the street for months. Everything is high end, and well done but alas, no buyer

Comment

it is interesting to note that the 2 most decorated soccer people in the area . Kaz Tambi and Paul Riley both believe in the GDA model.
                  Do they believe in it? Or do they support it because they want to be part of USSF?

And does PR really believe it makes GDA stronger to have 2 local teams when he barely had enough interest for 1? Or is he doing it because its double the revenues?

Comment

It is interesting to note that Kaz has NYCFC backing and Paul Riley was kicked out of ECNL

Comment

Forget about if this is a good or bad thing and focus on what Albertson did to the kids who tried out for the ECNL team. That's where they wanted to play for whatever reason. You told a group of kids and parents that you had a team that would be participating in that league knowing that wasn't the case. Suddenly when tryouts end they announced they were withdrawing. The club and PR was blatantly lying to everyone throughout the process. Can't imagine anyone would think this is ok. How can you be part of the program like that? Please answer honestly because I would love to hear your opinion. Better yet, I would like to understand how you explained to your child that this type of behavior is ok.

Comment

It is interesting to note that Kaz has NYCFC backing and Paul Riley was kicked out of ECNL
                        Kicked out of the ecnl for what? offering parents/kids a choice? yes, they do that. theee must be blind commitment to the cult that is ECNL

Have you ever talked to Kaz? If you have , you know NYCFC has nothing to do with it. he would have offered it as part of WCFC if he was allowed to by ...yes you guessed it the ECNL cartel.

Comment

Forget about if this is a good or bad thing and focus on what Albertson did to the kids who tried out for the ECNL team. That's where they wanted to play for whatever reason. You told a group of kids and parents that you had a team that would be participating in that league knowing that wasn't the case. Suddenly when tryouts end they announced they were withdrawing. The club and PR was blatantly lying to everyone throughout the process. Can't imagine anyone would think this is ok. How can you be part of the program like that? Please answer honestly because I would love to hear your opinion. Better yet, I would like to understand how you explained to your child that this type of behavior is ok.
                          I agree, but if you think this type of behavior is an isolated incident then you have not been around this game very long.

Comment

I would also love to know how you KNOW that

1. they were being kicked out
                            2. if so, exactly when it became official

Comment

I would also love to know how you KNOW that

1. they were being kicked out
                              2. if so, exactly when it became official
                              You really think they decided to leave the day after tryouts ended. Come on. I hope you're smarter than that. If not, you belong at this program.

Comment

You really think they decided to leave the day after tryouts ended. Come on. I hope you're smarter than that. If not, you belong at this program.
                                I asked you a question. Either you have the answer or you dont. we can all speculate.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X