Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Adf 4; fcp 2
    Thunderdome

Comment

Thunderdome
      https://youtu.be/v2AC41dglnM

Comment

Anyone know the outcome of cap/updx and rvt/Eugene?

Comment

Anyone know the outcome of cap/updx and rvt/Eugene?
          Timbers won - they always do in the end.

Comment

Wt 1, cfc 1

Comment

Wt 1, cfc 1
              Recap

Comment

Yeah we know were all weird but posting anonymously online about young boys isn't illegal is it?
                Whatever you do in the safely of your mom's basement is fine. Better to probably not have some of this group on the street.

Comment

Recap
                  Bull**** pk for CFC to bring it level

Comment

That’s cute

Comment

How are you going to survive tomorrow? Kick the dog?

Comment

Is this all the recap you’re going to give us Copa dad? Super Bowl is over

Comment

Is this all the recap you’re going to give us Copa dad? Super Bowl is over
                          That wasn't me; it will probably be later tonight.

Comment

UPDX 1, CFC 0
                            ETFC 1, RVT 0
                            OPFC 1, ADF 1

Still no score for UPDX vs Crows

Comment

Creepers need to creep. Need to release the pent up weirdness in warm spurts of sticky words.
                              Weirdos talking about young boys on an anonymous chat room. You should all be ashamed.

Comment

Recap of WT vs CFC.

The game was played Sunday morning at PCC Rock Creek. First half started, and Westside wasted no time in scoring what would be their only goal, off the boot of AG. First half was extremely foggy, and we could barely see the opposite sideline across the pitch. WT had the better of things in the first 20 minutes, and CFC probably had the better of things in the second "quarter", but no more goals were scored, and the half ended 1-0 to the home side.

In the second half, the fog lifted and the game got more physical. CFC had the better of possession, with WT holding defensively and threatening several times on the counter, including one breakaway that was saved. On the last play of the game, a DFK near the top of the box for Capitol, the ball was played in, and a penalty was awarded, which CFC converted. Final 1-1.

Normally, I don't like to talk about referees, and despite the controversial ending to this one, WT had a few chances to put it away so it wouldn't come down to the final play. (One difference between Steven and Cony is that SE discourages gamesmanship whereas Cony is a master of those dark arts; had a few clearances been sent into the parking lot, this game might have had a different result. PCC has many places to lose a soccer ball, if you catch my drift). Blaming the ref for the tie is a bit off the mark. And speaking of Cony, one of his longstanding bits of advice is that players/coaches/spectators should NEVER get into arguments with the referee. Not because of respect for the game, or any similar platitudes--this is Cony we're talking about, after all--but because some refs are a-holes who will make you pay if you piss them off. I suspect this might have happened this evening, and wouldn't be the first time I've seen it in OYSA matches.

Shiz started in the second half, when WT was given a free kick in the defensive half, and a CFC player planted himself in front of the ball, rather blatantly encroaching the restart. In a pro game (or even an amateur adult game), doing that would result in an immediate booking without anything else being said, which is why you seldom ever see it in a pro game. In youth soccer, some refs will give one verbal warning, and refs who don't know the Laws very well will repeatedly force teams to "ask for ten", and only show a card if an opposing player refuses to yield after being asked. (Per the Laws, teams shouldn't have to ask, the other team has a duty to back away from the restart as soon as it is awarded so if the fouled team wants to take a quick kick, they can). This ref didn't even make the CFC player move, appearing to suggest instead that WT can simply refuse to take the kick until they are ready. After some protests from the players on the pitch and both sidelines, the CFC player did move, but was not cautioned.

By itself, that was a minor thing--but after that, WT's keeper started getting knocked down in the box, with nothing being called--other than a yellow shown to SE when he protested the second time it happened. And these were fairly substantial hits, on a player who had taken a boot to the head down in Phoenix, and had only recently been released to play. The game quickly gooned up, with hard fouls being committed (and cards issued) to both sides.

And then... the game's final sequence. WT won a corner, which was cleared, and CFC counterattacked. A WT defender cleared it out of the box, but it landed at the feet of a CFC player, who (cleverly, I must admit) smashed it into the arm of a nearby Westside midfielder. Even though the WT player had the arm in a natural position (down by his sides), and had no chance to avoid the ball, Capitol was awarded a free kick for handball just outside the top of the box. The ball was played into the center of the box, a scrum ensued, Westside's goalie got knocked down hard again... and the ref pointed at the spot. Whether the foul call was good or not, I'm not sure--it was at the other end of the field, and there were a lot of players screening view anyway. WT players protested, and AH, the player on whom the foul was apparently called, decided to walk away--and was promptly shown a straight red. (There might have been a yellow in there somewhere, though given all the traffic in the box, it probably shouldn't have been called DOGSO. I'm not sure). He's not a player who normally trash-talks gets into it with officials, and wasn't sure why he got the boot, but was sent off regardless. CFC converted the PK, and that was it.

I'm actually less annoyed by the penalty then I am about the apparent open season on the goalie. And the red appeared unwarranted--it looked like AH was trying to avoid further confrontation. He's one of the nicest kids on the team, both on and off the pitch, and is a very respectful player. And the big winners of all of this appear to be ADF, who will get to face Westside without one of our best defenders, assuming that the red isn't overturned. (I doubt it will be, though I've seen reds issued by hot-headed referees rescinded before).

At any rate, the sage advice given by basketball coaching legend Billy Tubbs still applies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xotnfhDNUyE

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X