Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are right, and the guy that came on here and tried to sound informed by suggesting there's some kind of in between baloney is completely lacking any knowledge of the game and player development and trying to complicate it to sound intelligent. This is what drives me nuts. It's really not that difficult. There are coaches that know what they are doing, which is an extremely small minority, and there are coaches that don't, the vast majority. 99% of the parents haven't a clue, and so talk about 50 shades of gray and bla bla bla. What drives me nuts is it will never change. Nearly all Oregon and Washington teams play bootball, or whatever term you want to use to describe a lack of focus on technical development, both the individual ball handling and passing and receiving kind. If that's not drilled in at U7 through U14, then it's nearly impossible to get there later, and parents will never get that and will accept bootball as the norm along with lame coach excuses and their own rationalization of some sort of in between bootball and passing that's just plain stupid. Lack of player development is lack of player development. Garbage in at U7 through U13, garbage out at U14 through U21. Pretty simple.
    I think you are wrong. Most people get that. Nothing you've said is rocket science. And it's only getting better and better. True, there is a ton of 'boot ball' but that is mostly a buzz word that soccer smarties like to use to make them feel smart. Soccer is on the rise. Think about it. Did your parents play soccer? No did some of those parents try to coach some teams anyway? Yes. They tried but couldn't do much. A lot of us played soccer as kids and now are trying to pass that passion to our kids. We aren't great compared to the rest of the world but we have improved on our parents. Watch our kids teaching the game to their kids. It's going to be a whole new level. We are gaining. We miss the boat on a lot but generally, I like what I see. Women's soccer is already #1 worldwide. I think men's will too in 10-15 yrs.

It's changing!

Comment

You are right, and the guy that came on here and tried to sound informed by suggesting there's some kind of in between baloney is completely lacking any knowledge of the game and player development and trying to complicate it to sound intelligent. This is what drives me nuts. It's really not that difficult. There are coaches that know what they are doing, which is an extremely small minority, and there are coaches that don't, the vast majority. 99% of the parents haven't a clue, and so talk about 50 shades of gray and bla bla bla. What drives me nuts is it will never change. Nearly all Oregon and Washington teams play bootball, or whatever term you want to use to describe a lack of focus on technical development, both the individual ball handling and passing and receiving kind. If that's not drilled in at U7 through U14, then it's nearly impossible to get there later, and parents will never get that and will accept bootball as the norm along with lame coach excuses and their own rationalization of some sort of in between bootball and passing that's just plain stupid. Lack of player development is lack of player development. Garbage in at U7 through U13, garbage out at U14 through U21. Pretty simple.
      Oh and to add to my comment. To say that passing may be a sign of lack of development is the dumbest thing I've heard in a month, maybe all year. I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry when I read comments like this.

Comment

I think you are wrong. Most people get that. Nothing you've said is rocket science. And it's only getting better and better. True, there is a ton of 'boot ball' but that is mostly a buzz word that soccer smarties like to use to make them feel smart. Soccer is on the rise. Think about it. Did your parents play soccer? No did some of those parents try to coach some teams anyway? Yes. They tried but couldn't do much. A lot of us played soccer as kids and now are trying to pass that passion to our kids. We aren't great compared to the rest of the world but we have improved on our parents. Watch our kids teaching the game to their kids. It's going to be a whole new level. We are gaining. We miss the boat on a lot but generally, I like what I see. Women's soccer is already #1 worldwide. I think men's will too in 10-15 yrs.

It's changing!
        Ahhhhh! Where do I start? Women's soccer in the US peaked in the mid to late 90s when women's team sports in the rest of the world was well behind the US. When Clive passed away in Oregon the standard in Oregon dropped. A few excellent coaches remain but a lot of terrible ones are still getting paid for very little value. Parent coaches are far from improving things because even the ones that played a little got the same crummy coaching that's going on today. I've been playing, watching, and coaching soccer in Oregon and California for 40 years and trust me I've hoped there would be some kind of improvement but I don't see it. The same old stuff with parents saying don't use buzzwords and stuff like that and just keep drinking the cool aid. Please spare me the "buzz word" argument. It's flipping Boooooootbbbaaaaallllllll!!!!!!!

Comment

Ahhhhh! Where do I start? Women's soccer in the US peaked in the mid to late 90s when women's team sports in the rest of the world was well behind the US. When Clive passed away in Oregon the standard in Oregon dropped. A few excellent coaches remain but a lot of terrible ones are still getting paid for very little value. Parent coaches are far from improving things because even the ones that played a little got the same crummy coaching that's going on today. I've been playing, watching, and coaching soccer in Oregon and California for 40 years and trust me I've hoped there would be some kind of improvement but I don't see it. The same old stuff with parents saying don't use buzzwords and stuff like that and just keep drinking the cool aid. Please spare me the "buzz word" argument. It's flipping Boooooootbbbaaaaallllllll!!!!!!!
          Oh and to add to my comment and answer your question one of my parents did play soccer at a very high level in Europe before coming to this Country and knew the game well at least as it was played back in the day.

Comment

Oh and to add to my comment and answer your question one of my parents did play soccer at a very high level in Europe before coming to this Country and knew the game well at least as it was played back in the day.
            And to add to my comment, I heard the "it's changing" argument 30 years ago when my father coached, twenty plus years ago when I played college, 15 years ago when I started coaching, 10 years ago when my first of four kids started playing, five years ago at Surf cup over beers with a bunch of smashed Slammers parents and, oh gee, just now from you. Funny thing is, I still see very little progress.

Comment

And to add to my comment, I heard the "it's changing" argument 30 years ago when my father coached, twenty plus years ago when I played college, 15 years ago when I started coaching, 10 years ago when my first of four kids started playing, five years ago at Surf cup over beers with a bunch of smashed Slammers parents and, oh gee, just now from you. Funny thing is, I still see very little progress.
              If I can manage to trudge through your arrogance and narcissism I might tend to agree with much of what you say. Regardless, your tact and rhetoric are repulsive and betray your apparent desire to see improvement in US soccer. Perhaps tempering your tone and providing a point of reference in your own coaching product would be more helpful, eh?

Comment

If I can manage to trudge through your arrogance and narcissism I might tend to agree with much of what you say. Regardless, your tact and rhetoric are repulsive and betray your apparent desire to see improvement in US soccer. Perhaps tempering your tone and providing a point of reference in your own coaching product would be more helpful, eh?
                I'm fine just don't say any more stupid things about soccer please.
                Signed
                A massive soccer narcissist who sees little progress and is going to call it like it is whether you're offended or not

Comment

I'm fine just don't say any more stupid things about soccer please.
                  Signed
                  A massive soccer narcissist who sees little progress and is going to call it like it is whether you're offended or not
                  Holy **** u are an idiot. Not just narcissistic but an IDIOT. 30-40 years ago in the US you would be LUCKY to see soccer at ALL. You might see some AYSO starting up with a few teams. Your Dad may have had wonderful English experience to pass along but that is not what was normal across the USA. Select teams started forming maybe a few years after that but it was done w a Dad picking up the phone and calling the top players he could find. They might travel a little but it was done w a home swap with a team from Spokane or Idaho or maybe Cali. About 25 years ago, those same towns that had a few rec teams now had 100's of teams. Do you think it's possible that those kids growing up playing soccer are now teaching it to their kids a little better than what their parents taught them?

Gawd, not only are you a cocky pric* but you don't know ****. Seriously dude, STFU.

Comment

Holy **** u are an idiot. Not just narcissistic but an IDIOT. 30-40 years ago in the US you would be LUCKY to see soccer at ALL. You might see some AYSO starting up with a few teams. Your Dad may have had wonderful English experience to pass along but that is not what was normal across the USA. Select teams started forming maybe a few years after that but it was done w a Dad picking up the phone and calling the top players he could find. They might travel a little but it was done w a home swap with a team from Spokane or Idaho or maybe Cali. About 25 years ago, those same towns that had a few rec teams now had 100's of teams. Do you think it's possible that those kids growing up playing soccer are now teaching it to their kids a little better than what their parents taught them?

Gawd, not only are you a cocky pric* but you don't know ****. Seriously dude, STFU.
                    Parent coaches are slightly better yes but it has not transformed the landscape or fundamentallly changed much. I really don't know nor care what rec soccer was like in oregon I didn't grow up playing in oregon but thanks for the history lesson. And calling people names doesn't prove your point whatever your point is just speaks to a relatively low IQ.

Comment

Parent coaches are slightly better yes but it has not transformed the landscape or fundamentallly changed much. I really don't know nor care what rec soccer was like in oregon I didn't grow up playing in oregon but thanks for the history lesson. And calling people names doesn't prove your point whatever your point is just speaks to a relatively low IQ.
                      Oh Gawd, really. Go back and re-read your posts and you might understand why you needed a thumping. I do not feel sorry for you. You needed a thumping. You got one. Tail between your legs. Move along.

Soccer in the US is so far ahead of where it was 40 years ago. And has CLEARLY improved decade by decade. If you don't get it, so be it. But don't come on this forum pounding your chest when you don't know **** if you don't want to be called out and embarrassed.

Comment

FC Portland, Copa, Eastside, and either THUSC or Eugene in the semi finals.

Depending on the seeding FCP and Eastside in the final. Toss up who wins the final they tend to play tough against each other.

Comment

FC Portland, Copa, Eastside, and either THUSC or Eugene in the semi finals.

Depending on the seeding FCP and Eastside in the final. Toss up who wins the final they tend to play tough against each other.
                          Why not CFC? Have they lost their forward this spring?

Comment

Why not CFC? Have they lost their forward this spring?
                            FC should win it. Cfc has a decent shot. WT outside shot. Then ET and THUSC. Probably in that order. Too bad VT could not join. Would have made the tourney more interesting.

Comment

I agree that VT red and white would have made the cup more interesting. They really are part of this very competitive dynamic group of teams at this age group.

FC Portland, east side, and thusc are best bets to win state cup.

Comment

Oh Gawd, really. Go back and re-read your posts and you might understand why you needed a thumping. I do not feel sorry for you. You needed a thumping. You got one. Tail between your legs. Move along.

Soccer in the US is so far ahead of where it was 40 years ago. And has CLEARLY improved decade by decade. If you don't get it, so be it. But don't come on this forum pounding your chest when you don't know **** if you don't want to be called out and embarrassed.
                                You're a joke

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X