Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

http://highschoolsports.oregonlive.com/news/article/-2305321232236065984/ariana-pumpe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So your saying that the list of All State 1st team players from one to eleven are not top soccer players in Oregon????
    I'm looking at that list and I don't see any one of them that I would not want on my team.
    Club is a much better determinant. Sure All State players might be top players, but they might not be the best players in a state. The top 11 club players might not receive one mention of all state for various reasons, yet they might be the ones who are sitting with the top offers from colleges. Often all state goes to players who played on teams who went far in the playoffs where as better players might be stuck on a team with no one else, but they get no attention because they don't make it in the playoffs. You can't draw hard and fast rules about this. I know of a girl who mad 2nd team who plays with my dd. Good player, but no where near the best player on her club team.

Comment

If you look at the All League Player of the Year each year you will find very solid soccer players who are often not in the top 25% in the state. Still good.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        So your saying that the list of All State 1st team players from one to eleven are not top soccer players in Oregon????
        I'm looking at that list and I don't see any one of them that I would not want on my team.
        I don't disagree with you and I didn't write the articles. However, the ratings for high school sports are too dependent on the overall strength of the high school team. This isn't saying that these are not good players and not worthy to be on your team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X