Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    but unfortunately the longer thus sham goes on the more it hurts Oregon Soccer.
    Yes, the Timbers really should quit their whole "sham" ASAP! They have done more damage to youth soccer in two years than everybody else combined could possibly do in a lifetime.

Comment

They play separately but they are marketed as being the A-team for these clubs, even with the message sent that you should enroll in the other THUSC/Crossfire teams to improve your chances of making ECNL. The money from ECNL is the only thing keeping OPL alive.
      Your a dolt. ECNL is seperate. The reserve teams are now considered their A teams. ECNL money has nothing to do with OPL.

Comment

Your a dolt. ECNL is seperate. The reserve teams are now considered their A teams. ECNL money has nothing to do with OPL.
        Partly true. At FCP at least, the ECNL teams are only partially separated from the OPL teams (ie. different costs, coaching, and practice times). The Navy teams are the "B" teams and there is movement between the ECNL and Navy teams. Really, no big change except that the "A" teams now play in the ECNL league instead of the OPL. Not sure how CU manages movement up/down with their ECNL teams.

Comment

I'm Adult...you almost got it right...and I don't buy whatever nonsense Tom chooses to spew. Try thinking for yourself. Or just keep worshipping Tom. He needs someone to keep him out of the sewer

Comment

Yah, that would explain the exodus of OYSA girls coming over to OPL teams this year. 5 girls moving from Vancouver on just one THUSC team. That's just one team, and no it's not an ECNL team.
            Wow, 5 girls? That truly is an exodus. If you didn't happen to notice Vancouver nearly melted down this fall. Maybe think a tad before celebrating the massive inflow of players.

Comment

Wow, 5 girls? That truly is an exodus. If you didn't happen to notice Vancouver nearly melted down this fall. Maybe think a tad before celebrating the massive inflow of players.
              Are they willing to note the amount of girls that left OPL First teams, still leaving ECNL and moving to OYSA teams. There's not an Exodus, but it's tit for tat. 5 Go out, 5 come in.

I know that there's even girls leaving the all-mighty Onyx.

This isn't a good thing people! We need coaches to step up and care for their teams, offer a better product, and truly invest in developing talent meant for a bigger stage the our local one. Consolidation is such a small Piece of the topic.

With the over emphasis of needing to win and the indirect pressures on kids who are paying more to play, it can be exhausting to live in this culture for more than a couple years at this age. Not saying the other options in Oregon are much better. Just saying that all this moving from club to club is a sign of a lot of bad, not the opposite.

Comment

You are so correct. I am turned off by what is happening in our youth soccer arena. ECNL is only for the top level girls and yet there are many girls playing soccer. These "other" girls are now relegated to the same status that girl's soccer in general was at places like EST and WST .. a means to pay for someone else. This pay to play model is now on steroids with the pay defined as "through the roof". I grew up in Texas and back in my day there weren't competitive clubs on every corner. You would often see coaches emerge who would put together very good select teams and the parents would foot the entire bill. My parents didn't have that type of money and were not wired like parents of today where they would do anything to make it happen. I had to get to college soccer the hard way.... making my way up the soccer ladder all star team by all star team. Things have changed and not all are for the better.

Comment

You are so correct. I am turned off by what is happening in our youth soccer arena. ECNL is only for the top level girls and yet there are many girls playing soccer. These "other" girls are now relegated to the same status that girl's soccer in general was at places like EST and WST .. a means to pay for someone else. This pay to play model is now on steroids with the pay defined as "through the roof". I grew up in Texas and back in my day there weren't competitive clubs on every corner. You would often see coaches emerge who would put together very good select teams and the parents would foot the entire bill. My parents didn't have that type of money and were not wired like parents of today where they would do anything to make it happen. I had to get to college soccer the hard way.... making my way up the soccer ladder all star team by all star team. Things have changed and not all are for the better.
                  No one cares about you.

Comment

Are they willing to note the amount of girls that left OPL First teams, still leaving ECNL and moving to OYSA teams. There's not an Exodus, but it's tit for tat. 5 Go out, 5 come in.

I know that there's even girls leaving the all-mighty Onyx.

This isn't a good thing people! We need coaches to step up and care for their teams, offer a better product, and truly invest in developing talent meant for a bigger stage the our local one. Consolidation is such a small Piece of the topic.

With the over emphasis of needing to win and the indirect pressures on kids who are paying more to play, it can be exhausting to live in this culture for more than a couple years at this age. Not saying the other options in Oregon are much better. Just saying that all this moving from club to club is a sign of a lot of bad, not the opposite.
                    Of course. The bottom girls are always pushed down or out of OPL clubs as better talents arrive. They then go to OYSA clubs and become their "stars".

Comment

Sadly

The girls side of the OYSA and OPL HS Winter leagues are now HS aged Rec+ girls.

With a player fee due to the club that resembles what the Classic/Premier team player is use to paying.

If you name it Crossfire or Timbers guess that makes the investment worthy.

LOL :)

Comment

The girls side of the OYSA and OPL HS Winter leagues are now HS aged Rec+ girls.

With a player fee due to the club that resembles what the Classic/Premier team player is use to paying.

If you name it Crossfire or Timbers guess that makes the investment worthy.

LOL :)
                        All you need to do is compare the number of teams in the OYSA winter league compared to the OPL Winter league. Do the same for spring and you should see a difference in the number of teams.

Comment

All you need to do is compare the number of teams in the OYSA winter league compared to the OPL Winter league. Do the same for spring and you should see a difference in the number of teams.
                          116 OYSA Winter league teams
                          56 OPL Winter league teams

I couldn't find the spring teams listed yet

Comment

116 OYSA Winter league teams
                            56 OPL Winter league teams

I couldn't find the spring teams listed yet
                            And OPL still has more quality.

Comment

And OPL still has more quality.
                              OPL may have quality teams in certain age brackets. However top to bottom I can't believe that those high quality teams are looking forward to playing the rest of their schedule with the likes of:

Gorge FC
                              Mololla Youth Soccer Club
                              Oregon Wolfpack FC

Comment

Nationally, on a number of ECNL teams, ECNL is for top level girls. This does not apply currently in Oregon. A number of those on the current roster will be relegated to playin in OPL or OYSA local teams while their parents mumble to themselves in the stands.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X