Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Where are these better players? Certainly not on OYSA teams. Maybe a bunch of CalSouth girls relocating to Oregon?
    Quite the elitest to think that you have all of the "top" players on ECNL rosters. I can guarantee that you don't. Not by a long shot.

Comment

Besides the Far West Reigionals, everyone one of those events are where almost all of the HS A teams from OPL are already going.
      Ahhhh.......BullSh~t

Comment

Pac NW College Showcase is crap. Looks like an OYSA mini tournament.
        Las Vegas Showcase - Who from Oregon isn't going to this???
        FWR - OYSA
        Tacoma Showcase - don't know the teams yet but it should be an OK tournament
        FWR - OYSA if you qualify, which shouldn't be that difficult (looking at the rest of the comp)
        Surf Cup - I think every NPL team in OPL is going this year.

Bull Sh~t

Comment

The ECNL crowd is getting really desparate. Costs must be much higher than advertised and quality much lower than advertised. It's really just one or two ECNL supporters however and they are only on the teams because they bought their daughters way on to the team.

Comment

It doesn't surprise me. $8,000 a year for thorns academy. Why does it cost so much? They have some 25 girls on the roster and 25 in reserves, how will your dd ever get playing time. Do you have to pay for the managers expenses on top of that? Seems spendy but at least my dd will be playing top quality opponents in the OYSA league, FWRL, Tacoma Show case and maybe they will get invited to Thanksgiving Surf!

I bet she gets more medals!

Comment

It doesn't surprise me. $8,000 a year for thorns academy. Why does it cost so much? They have some 25 girls on the roster and 25 in reserves, how will your dd ever get playing time. Do you have to pay for the managers expenses on top of that? Seems spendy but at least my dd will be playing top quality opponents in the OYSA league, FWRL, Tacoma Show case and maybe they will get invited to Thanksgiving Surf!

I bet she gets more medals!
              That 8K a year seems steep.

Comment

If there are 40 girls on the roster and the 'reserve' at $8000 each, that's like $400,000 a year. Someone is lining their pockets!

Comment

If there are 40 girls on the roster and the 'reserve' at $8000 each, that's like $400,000 a year. Someone is lining their pockets!
                  You did the math wrong. There are 50 girls. Still a nice tidy profit.

Comment

Why is it 8k a year? Why would anyone pay that much for that schedule? I would pay $3500 for that schedule.

But the parents get to brag that their DD is an 'Academy' player. But with 50 girls on the rooster and reserve, how do you get any playing time if your a bubble player?

Comment

bump.

Comment

Why is it 8k a year? Why would anyone pay that much for that schedule? I would pay $3500 for that schedule.

But the parents get to brag that their DD is an 'Academy' player. But with 50 girls on the rooster and reserve, how do you get any playing time if your a bubble player?
                        Academy? Academy to what? $8000 is a lot to pay for a chance to try out for a team.

Comment

I know that our THUSC team is going to just about everyone of those, including Surf.
                          So they must be cr@p tournaments right? It cracks me up that OPL's response to anything thorns has been how week their schedule is, yet now we come around the bend and OPL is participating in the same events...so is it cr@p or is it worthy of your long descent off the mountain?

Comment

Ah the scheming minds of OPL have come up with their latest gambit. Try to throw the same claims made about ECNL back at thorns...turnabout is fair play, yet the argument seems unbelievably artificial when it is made in response to the same argument going the other way...Best advice - listen to only half of what is posted on here, and only believe about half of that.
                            You don't have to read these posts too closely to see they are merely recycled from posts that were made about ECNL. I guess when you run out of things to say you just do the old "I know you are...but what am I". That will surely turn the tides.

Comment

Rumor has it that a number of Academy girls are jumping ship to the ECNL after FWRL wraps up this weekend. Saw the OYSA schedule and finally realized they'd been sold a bill of goods by the Timbers.

Comment

Rumor has it that a number of Academy girls are jumping ship to the ECNL after FWRL wraps up this weekend. Saw the OYSA schedule and finally realized they'd been sold a bill of goods by the Timbers.
                                I haven't seen the OYSA schedule that a 'Thorns Academy' would be playing in. Are they just playing in the same league as all clubs?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X