Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So you offer Cal South producing the strongest teams as proof that small sided soccer doesn't work? Pretty loose with the whole idea of proof aren't you?

So let's put the common sense hat back on. We are talking about individual development, not creating a team. The best place to look is the European Soccer world. A dynamic that is often not appreciated here in the states is the major youth academies grow individual talent with the goal being the eventual sale of these players transfer rights. If anyone has motivation to develop individuals as effectively as possible it is these academies whose very economic engine is based on transfers.

So what do they do? Almost universally they train small sided, they embrace small sided training as the heart of what they do, because they know the more a player touches the ball the better they will become.

You can continue to obsess about number of kids in a game, because that is what your "pay-to-play" club wants you worried about, but the evidence as far as development is irrefutable.
    Never said that small-sided doesn't work, just that there is no proof that it does. Just a lot of theories and anecdotal evidence. And no matter which side you are arguing, whenever someone wants to change something, someone will make money off the change.

Comment

Really you are challenged as a reader aren't you? Try page three it talks about the sessions being small-sided, and doing drills we might consider warmup I. America but here it is the main course.
      nope. i don't consider one mention talking very much about it at all, since it's a 10 page article.

Comment

Never said that small-sided doesn't work, just that there is no proof that it does. Just a lot of theories and anecdotal evidence. And no matter which side you are arguing, whenever someone wants to change something, someone will make money off the change.
        Money is lost with the 9v9 change

Smaller rosters means you need more coaches
        Smaller goals that no one has a large inventory of

Comment

Money is lost with the 9v9 change

Smaller rosters means you need more coaches
          Smaller goals that no one has a large inventory of
          BS. More teams=more money. It's all about money that's the real problem with U.S. Soccer. Top

Comment

BS. More teams=more money. It's all about money that's the real problem with U.S. Soccer. Top
            Actually it is all a question of perspective. Are you starting a team or do you already have teams.

Let me explain. If i have a club with 99 players (only to make math easy)

I can make 9 teams with 11 players and need 9 coaches equipment etc…or I can make 11 teams with 9 players and need 11 coaches equipment etc…From the clubs standpoint it costs more to go to 9V9

However if I am creating a new team, all the costs will be the same, and the individual player revenue will be the same. When I accumulate 11 teams the total revenue will be the same as for 9 11v11 teams.

The marginal difference is so small that it doesn't really matter until you get to fields. That is where costs go whacky. Increasing from 9 to 11 teams can increase field costs quickly. That is the only significant difference

Comment

Actually it is all a question of perspective. Are you starting a team or do you already have teams.

Let me explain. If i have a club with 99 players (only to make math easy)

I can make 9 teams with 11 players and need 9 coaches equipment etc…or I can make 11 teams with 9 players and need 11 coaches equipment etc…From the clubs standpoint it costs more to go to 9V9

However if I am creating a new team, all the costs will be the same, and the individual player revenue will be the same. When I accumulate 11 teams the total revenue will be the same as for 9 11v11 teams.

The marginal difference is so small that it doesn't really matter until you get to fields. That is where costs go whacky. Increasing from 9 to 11 teams can increase field costs quickly. That is the only significant difference
              Field costs (for turf at least) are usually the same for 9v9 or 11v11 as most clubs will simply use an 11v11 field and maybe move the goals up a bit and maybe put markers down to narrow the field. The transition to 9v9 (smaller fields and goals) can be very expensive but once it's done, it's done.

Also, 9v9 rosters are limited to 14 players while 11v11 is 18 so you have 4 fewer players to pay for the coach, entry fees, etc.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X