X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    that's the point.

think of how good california teams would be if they played 9v9!? even better than they are now.

imagine how good USA would be if we all switched to 9v9? possibly even better than cal south.
    Are you sure? There are several states playing 8v8 or 9v9 and they aren't better than CalSouth. Why not? If 9v9 is the magic bullet why isn't it working?

Comment

Are you sure? There are several states playing 8v8 or 9v9 and they aren't better than CalSouth. Why not? If 9v9 is the magic bullet why isn't it working?
      There is not one single magic bullet, c'mon your smarter than that aren't you. You know if we did everything exactly the same as CalSouth we would probably still lose because they have population. More people=more players=more high level players.

Small sided soccer has been shown over and over to be developmentally better than 11v11. Sorry, but dems the facts.

Comment

There is not one single magic bullet, c'mon your smarter than that aren't you. You know if we did everything exactly the same as CalSouth we would probably still lose because they have population. More people=more players=more high level players.

Small sided soccer has been shown over and over to be developmentally better than 11v11. Sorry, but dems the facts.
        the key factors are population, wealth, and experience according to soccernomics. so cali wins in all three areas.

http://goal.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/1...ernomics/?_r=0

but why rely on facts, when there's truthiness.

Comment

the key factors are population, wealth, and experience according to soccernomics. so cali wins in all three areas.

http://goal.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/1...ernomics/?_r=0

but why rely on facts, when there's truthiness.
          ECNL heals all

Comment

ECNL heals all
            Yes, we always have the magic wand that is ECNL. Maybe we should ask the ECNL Gods what they think we should do. They are all knowing.

Comment

I've seen many papers theorizing that small sided soccer is better for development but have never seen results from an actual reproducible experiment proofing that the theory is any more than just a theory.

Comment

survey says

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                yes, we always have the magic wand that is ecnl. Maybe we should ask the ecnl gods what they think we should do. They are all knowing.
                ecnl gods say: More gold! More gold!! Stop moving to oregon

Comment

Yes, we always have the magic wand that is ECNL. Maybe we should ask the ECNL Gods what they think we should do. They are all knowing.
                  Sorry, that will cost you. As an ECNL parent I get access to the Gods. I will ask and get back to you. Always ready to help out a fellow Oregonian.

Comment

experiment w/ your children maybe?

I've seen many papers theorizing that small sided soccer is better for development but have never seen results from an actual reproducible experiment proofing that the theory is any more than just a theory.
                    hate to bring up the same name, but these guys have first hand experience at creating good to great players for profit. i suppose it's not an experiment in that there are two identical twins one playing small sided and the other's playing American Pay to Play Soccer, but surely they know what they are doing. i know it's not CALSOUTH, though.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/06/ma...6Soccer-t.html

also using the previous logic, we used to play 11v11 vs calsouth too, so there's not proof that 11v11 produces better players either. since we sucked then and suck now.

Comment

hate to bring up the same name, but these guys have first hand experience at creating good to great players for profit. i suppose it's not an experiment in that there are two identical twins one playing small sided and the other's playing American Pay to Play Soccer, but surely they know what they are doing. i know it's not CALSOUTH, though.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/06/ma...6Soccer-t.html

also using the previous logic, we used to play 11v11 vs calsouth too, so there's not proof that 11v11 produces better players either. since we sucked then and suck now.
                      it's been a few years since i've read that article, so i'm sure you'll find something to prove your pov. please do.

Comment

it's been a few years since i've read that article, so i'm sure you'll find something to prove your pov. please do.
                        Also, it doesn't mention much abt small-sided at all so, nvm.

Comment

Also, it doesn't mention much abt small-sided at all so, nvm.
                          Really you are challenged as a reader aren't you? Try page three it talks about the sessions being small-sided, and doing drills we might consider warmup I. America but here it is the main course.

Comment

So doctor have you ever seen proof of gravity? Are you looking to put players in a Lab to demonstrate conclusively which works?

If you really look at what works around the world it is all small-sided except for in the US where clubs convince us that whatever brings them the greatest economic benefit is what is best for our kids...

Comment

So doctor have you ever seen proof of gravity? Are you looking to put players in a Lab to demonstrate conclusively which works?

If you really look at what works around the world it is all small-sided except for in the US where clubs convince us that whatever brings them the greatest economic benefit is what is best for our kids...
                              Yes. I've seen lots of reproducible experimental results showing that gravity is real. Like anything, there is never going to be 100% "proof". But on the topic of small-sided soccer all we have are theories and some anecdotal evidence, not all of which supports the theory (like the fact that CalSouth, playing 11v11, produces the strongest players and teams).

Comment

Yes. I've seen lots of reproducible experimental results showing that gravity is real. Like anything, there is never going to be 100% "proof". But on the topic of small-sided soccer all we have are theories and some anecdotal evidence, not all of which supports the theory (like the fact that CalSouth, playing 11v11, produces the strongest players and teams).
                                So you offer Cal South producing the strongest teams as proof that small sided soccer doesn't work? Pretty loose with the whole idea of proof aren't you?

So let's put the common sense hat back on. We are talking about individual development, not creating a team. The best place to look is the European Soccer world. A dynamic that is often not appreciated here in the states is the major youth academies grow individual talent with the goal being the eventual sale of these players transfer rights. If anyone has motivation to develop individuals as effectively as possible it is these academies whose very economic engine is based on transfers.

So what do they do? Almost universally they train small sided, they embrace small sided training as the heart of what they do, because they know the more a player touches the ball the better they will become.

You can continue to obsess about number of kids in a game, because that is what your "pay-to-play" club wants you worried about, but the evidence as far as development is irrefutable.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X