Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are all the Timbers HS Girls Teams?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If these great TA HS teams exist, where are they? They don't seem to be competing in any of the top regional competitions. Maybe they're all waiting for the Crash at the Border next summer???
    Don't even have enough HS teams to fill up the local Eastside "Showcase" tourney this weekend. And this is what the Academy will be playing against???

http://www.eastsidetimbers.com/sam/standings/

Comment

If these great TA HS teams exist, where are they? They don't seem to be competing in any of the top regional competitions. Maybe they're all waiting for the Crash at the Border next summer???
      Just because you are obsessed with playing in regional leagues, doesn't mean everyone shares that obsession. There are quality teams that choose not to travel out of state during the winter, save money, travel to regional tournaments during the summer.

Bottom line, your judgment of team quality is very one-dimensional.

Comment

Just because you are obsessed with playing in regional leagues, doesn't mean everyone shares that obsession. There are quality teams that choose not to travel out of state during the winter, save money, travel to regional tournaments during the summer.

Bottom line, your judgment of team quality is very one-dimensional.
        Maybe that's because TA HS girls teams are very one-dimensional. Kick it long and chase it. You can never train it out of them.

Comment

Maybe that's because TA HS girls teams are very one-dimensional. Kick it long and chase it. You can never train it out of them.
          As compared to what, your awesome DD? At least 80% of all the girls playing on the Oregon ECNL teams would not have a chance of obtaining a spot on a Crossfire or WPFC team. While it does not make a bit of difference to me, I am sick of all the mud slinging. Is your theory that if you can make fun of others for not choosing the most expensive path then it makes it all worth while?

Comment

Actually I thin it is more likely you experience the world in one dimension. Probably between Anger and ignorance. Until ECNL started the training received by the OYSA HS girls and the OPL HS girls has not been that different. OPL has added any more technical training to get to ECNL, basically just one more day of fitness.

Kick and chase is just a describer used by people who don't know enough about soccer to actually discuss it. Next you will probably claim ECNL plays "possession" 100% of the time (a clue for you…possession and over the top are tactics, teams will use both when appropriate…)

Sorry I will stop there because I don't want your little brain to explode.

Comment

Actually I thin it is more likely you experience the world in one dimension. Probably between Anger and ignorance. Until ECNL started the training received by the OYSA HS girls and the OPL HS girls has not been that different. OPL has added any more technical training to get to ECNL, basically just one more day of fitness.

Kick and chase is just a describer used by people who don't know enough about soccer to actually discuss it. Next you will probably claim ECNL plays "possession" 100% of the time (a clue for you…possession and over the top are tactics, teams will use both when appropriate…)

Sorry I will stop there because I don't want your little brain to explode.
              You sure about all that? I mean, that's a lot of big words for a TA lemming to spout all at one time!

And TA HS girls teams have NEVER been anywhere close to OPL HS girls teams, in general. Sure, there has been the odd decent team every few years but, other than that, not much to write home about.

Funny how the TA lemmings don't like it when they're on the receiving end of the "TRUTH"

Comment

TA = you mean the director of coaching? Why do you keep bringing him up?

Comment

I wanna know why people keep posting that timber and OYSA have NEVER done anything past u12/13 when wasn't everyone pretty much in OPL before this last year?

Comment

As compared to what, your awesome DD? At least 80% of all the girls playing on the Oregon ECNL teams would not have a chance of obtaining a spot on a Crossfire or WPFC team. While it does not make a bit of difference to me, I am sick of all the mud slinging. Is your theory that if you can make fun of others for not choosing the most expensive path then it makes it all worth while?
                    I just stumbled across this. Funny and well, sort of true.

Comment

Depends on age now doesn't it. At U14, FCP is clearly the top ECNL team in the NW. Probably CU is #1 at U16. As for the others, we'll have to see.

Comment

Depends on age now doesn't it. At U14, FCP is clearly the top ECNL team in the NW. Probably CU is #1 at U16. As for the others, we'll have to see.
                        I think they both clubs had pretty good weekend results. A lot more season to play and UT and ID are not powerhouse for sure. But they are both going to do fine.

Comment

You sure about all that? I mean, that's a lot of big words for a TA lemming to spout all at one time!

And TA HS girls teams have NEVER been anywhere close to OPL HS girls teams, in general. Sure, there has been the odd decent team every few years but, other than that, not much to write home about.

Funny how the TA lemmings don't like it when they're on the receiving end of the "TRUTH"
                          Interesting..."there have never been...in general...only a few...every once in a while" certainly a powerful statement. This must be OPL truthiness. Not totally the truth, but more or less.

Comment

Interesting..."there have never been...in general...only a few...every once in a while" certainly a powerful statement. This must be OPL truthiness. Not totally the truth, but more or less.
                            You must be a TA lemming clown caveman from Gresham. You can't even quote accurately.

Comment

You must be a TA lemming clown caveman from Gresham. You can't even quote accurately.
                              I was merely illustrating how your statement about there "never" having been a case, became a generalized statement, then allowed there were a few, every once in a while. That is a lot of equivocating in a single sentence. Just to review logic for you counselour Never and once in a while don't belong together.

Maybe consistency in a statement is too much to ask, but it will give you more credibility.

Although I guess credibility is high on your list judging from your attempt to categorize me.

NOT from Gresham
                              NOT a Clown ( don't really like the red noses, they remind me too much of OPL DoC's)
                              NOT a Caveman
                              NOT a Lemming...I don't think lemmings do real well in this environment.
                              And is this TA thibg some sort of effete way of greeting people, or are you suggesting Tom at THUSC has his own crew of lemmings who follow him around. Maybe diving in to defend ECNL and THUSC's honor whenever impugned.

Comment

FCP U14 Crossfire and WPFC haven't played FC Nova or Utah yet so it will be difficult to see.

CU U16 beat FC Nova and Utah 4-0 and 4-1 Crossfire beat them 7-0 etc. Are you basing best in the NW on these results?

You may be jumping the gun

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X