Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S Delight

What's wrong with this guy? Insincere, back-stabbing, half-wit. Anyone else feel he's qualified to mentor our kids?

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1431482]What's wrong with this guy? Insincere, back-stabbing, half-wit. Anyone else feel he's qualified to mentor our kids?[/QUOT

I do. Absolutely. I've been around youth sports for nearly 20 years, and can only think of a few coaches/teachers/mentors who truly concerned themselves about the kids and the sport more than the person you so dissmissingly refer to as S Delight.

I've watched this person show up to local trainings and games all over the westcoast to support the clubs' teams.

Name another DOC that can walk up to any player on anyteam and call them by name. And ask about their brother or sister.

I may not know a lot about soccer or soccer strategy, but I know this: my player became a better player under his watch.

He can coach my kid any day.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1431648]
      Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      What's wrong with this guy? Insincere, back-stabbing, half-wit. Anyone else feel he's qualified to mentor our kids?[/QUOT

I do. Absolutely. I've been around youth sports for nearly 20 years, and can only think of a few coaches/teachers/mentors who truly concerned themselves about the kids and the sport more than the person you so dissmissingly refer to as S Delight.

I've watched this person show up to local trainings and games all over the westcoast to support the clubs' teams.

Name another DOC that can walk up to any player on anyteam and call them by name. And ask about their brother or sister.

I may not know a lot about soccer or soccer strategy, but I know this: my player became a better player under his watch.

He can coach my kid any day.
      He does well with the kids because they don't expect adults to lie to them. And because he smiles when he does it, it works even better. Sorry to say, but SD has driven the best talent out of the club. Glad to see a changing of the guard.

Comment

I don't think he's as bad as the venom on here indicates. He appeared to genuinely try and do what was best for the kids, made mistakes along the way and he just wasn't qualified to manage the scope of work. It's probably time for a change (for all involved). Parents should be concerned about some of the names being mentioned as possible replacements though. Studley and Friends...They are his old buddies - coaches that he let get away with some arrogant behavior towards parents and kids, that are far less genuine and certainly, no matter what line of work they currently are employed in, have never managed a non-profit youth sports organization of this size or any size for that matter...they are coaches and arguably not too good at that either. They need to try and attract qualified candidates and stay away from some of the more toxic cast of characters. Hope they get it right. This is a real opportunity to change direction.

Comment

I don't think he's as bad as the venom on here indicates. He appeared to genuinely try and do what was best for the kids, made mistakes along the way and he just wasn't qualified to manage the scope of work. It's probably time for a change (for all involved). Parents should be concerned about some of the names being mentioned as possible replacements though. Studley and Friends...They are his old buddies - coaches that he let get away with some arrogant behavior towards parents and kids, that are far less genuine and certainly, no matter what line of work they currently are employed in, have never managed a non-profit youth sports organization of this size or any size for that matter...they are coaches and arguably not too good at that either. They need to try and attract qualified candidates and stay away from some of the more toxic cast of characters. Hope they get it right. This is a real opportunity to change direction.
          It's taken two solid days to get an answer. This idea that Studs or some other yahoo is in the mix for either job is rediculous!
          They have some very qualified individuals that have applied.

Comment

It's taken two solid days to get an answer. This idea that Studs or some other yahoo is in the mix for either job is rediculous!
            If they have over 50 applicants for both positions I'm sure studley isn't in the mix.

Washington Timbers ACDOC and ED SELECTION UPDATE

Hello Timber Families,

We reached our first milestone in the selection process for both the Advance Competition Director of Coaching (ACDOC) and Executive Director (ED) positions. Our open application period ended on Monday (12/1/2014) for the submission of ACDOC and ED resumes. Each opening received over 50 applications from throughout the United States and some international applicants.

Each committee hopes to accomplish the following over the next few weeks:

First week in December – review all resumes, develop preliminary list of candidates and phone/skype interview those selected
            Second week in December – review preliminary list of candidates and develop final candidate list
            Third week in December – Board members to interview final candidates, identify and recommend hiring of ACDOC and ED
            Fourth Week in December - make offers to selected ACDOC and ED candidate
            We realize this is an aggressive schedule and that the Holidays are fast approaching but the selection committees are committed to doing their best to get the best candidates identified and hired by end of the year and we thank them for their hard work.

We will update you as we move along. In the meantime, if you have any questions please contact Jeff Castagnola at jeff.castagnola@washingtontimbers.com or Jay Chester at jay.chester@washingtontimbers.com.

Thank You

***C Board of Directors

Comment

If they have over 50 applicants for both positions I'm sure studley isn't in the mix.

Washington Timbers ACDOC and ED SELECTION UPDATE

Hello Timber Families,

We reached our first milestone in the selection process for both the Advance Competition Director of Coaching (ACDOC) and Executive Director (ED) positions. Our open application period ended on Monday (12/1/2014) for the submission of ACDOC and ED resumes. Each opening received over 50 applications from throughout the United States and some international applicants.

Each committee hopes to accomplish the following over the next few weeks:

First week in December – review all resumes, develop preliminary list of candidates and phone/skype interview those selected
              Second week in December – review preliminary list of candidates and develop final candidate list
              Third week in December – Board members to interview final candidates, identify and recommend hiring of ACDOC and ED
              Fourth Week in December - make offers to selected ACDOC and ED candidate
              We realize this is an aggressive schedule and that the Holidays are fast approaching but the selection committees are committed to doing their best to get the best candidates identified and hired by end of the year and we thank them for their hard work.

We will update you as we move along. In the meantime, if you have any questions please contact Jeff Castagnola at jeff.castagnola@washingtontimbers.com or Jay Chester at jay.chester@washingtontimbers.com.

Thank You

***C Board of Directors
              That's great but I submitted 49 of those applications myself, all under different pseudonyms.

Comment

And I must have been th 50th applicant because I submitted one as well. I have no experience, but I am great at slicing oranges.

Comment

And I must have been th 50th applicant because I submitted one as well. I have no experience, but I am great at slicing oranges.
                  As long as you can handle your alcohol and like sitting at the bar at McMenamins or Autos, you're IN!

Comment

Not a fan. And he might have been good for the club 10 years ago but his passive aggressive behavior has fractured management and driven good families to other clubs. I hope the board can find a leader for this club. Potential is there but a collection of ego's, including Mr. Delight's, has put the club in a deep hole.

Comment

If the club is serious about change they will hire 2 people from outside the good old boys circle. You will not attract more players with same old stuff.

Comment

Not a fan. And he might have been good for the club 10 years ago but his passive aggressive behavior has fractured management and driven good families to other clubs. I hope the board can find a leader for this club. Potential is there but a collection of ego's, including Mr. Delight's, has put the club in a deep hole.
                        One thing you can credit ol' Sunny Do-Lie with is the complete destruction of the girls program at WT_FC. Good effort Sunny!!!

Comment

One thing you can credit ol' Sunny Do-Lie with is the complete destruction of the girls program at WT_FC. Good effort Sunny!!!
                          He is compliant in the destruction by just sitting back and allowing a few bad coaches run key teams without any oversight or accountability to him at all. They were/are his "buddies". Some of the crap that went on unchecked was ridiculous. So many teaching moments in young kids lives lost due to over inflated egos of coaches who forgot about their calling, higher ideals and who the paying customers were. Hence the paying customers went elsewhere....Reaped what they sowed..

Comment

What will happen with Sunny's work Visa if he doesn't get re-hired?

Comment

What will happen with Sunny's work Visa if he doesn't get re-hired?
                              Good one. Are you a child?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X