Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECNL $10,000/yr vs Thorns Academy $500/yr

If they both have good coaches and the Timbers/Thorns Academy has the same competition level the boys have

http://www.timbers.com/sites/portlan...hway_FINAL.pdf

then the Thorns Academy will be successful alternative to ecnl.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If they both have good coaches and the Timbers/Thorns Academy has the same competition level the boys have

http://www.timbers.com/sites/portlan...hway_FINAL.pdf

then the Thorns Academy will be successful alternative to ecnl.
    I take it they are not going to travel? Or is MP going to pick that up? Oh and it's pretty clear ECNL isn't going to run 10k.

Comment

if it's $500 a year with all travel included it would be interesting.

Comment

if it's $500 a year with all travel included it would be interesting.
        If the Queen had balls she'd be the King. I am all for a Thorns Academy but $500 a year is not going to happen. It is going to cost more than that.

Comment

I take it they are not going to travel? Or is MP going to pick that up? Oh and it's pretty clear ECNL isn't going to run 10k.
          Not if you dont want to ever see your DD play out of town.

Comment

if you put the $9500 difference in the bank every year that is a pile at college entrance time.

Comment

if you put the $9500 difference in the bank every year that is a pile at college entrance time.
              Or you could buy a cabin in the mountains or at the beach.

Comment

Oh and it's pretty clear ECNL isn't going to run 10k.
                You sure about that?

Comment

You sure about that?
                  Not at U14.

At U16 it will run close, but that's when your DD will want to get noticed and it costs to travel.

Comment

Not at U14.

At U16 it will run close, but that's when your DD will want to get noticed and it costs to travel.
                    Let's see, a trip to Seattle, a trip to Utah/Boise, a couple of trips to NorCal and three or four tournaments which may include a trip to Orlando. Plus cover the coach and manager (that was something learned last night) and all of the associated fees and you really believe it won't be $10,000? Good luck with that.

Comment

Let's see, a trip to Seattle, a trip to Utah/Boise, a couple of trips to NorCal and three or four tournaments which may include a trip to Orlando. Plus cover the coach and manager (that was something learned last night) and all of the associated fees and you really believe it won't be $10,000? Good luck with that.
                      OK you sound like ECNL is not for you. Good, no one cares one way or the other. Stop whining like a two year old. Why do you care who does ECNL? Your not going to do it, so shut up.

Comment

Where has your DD been playing for the last 4-5 years? Every top team travels extensively and covers the travel costs of the coach (and often the manager). If this is news to you then your DD probably hasn't been playing at a high enough level to consider ECNL anyways...

Comment

Where has your DD been playing for the last 4-5 years? Every top team travels extensively and covers the travel costs of the coach (and often the manager). If this is news to you then your DD probably hasn't been playing at a high enough level to consider ECNL anyways...
                          I love people who add an s to the word anyway. You also are fond of using the word alot, too I am sure. How in the world are you going to pay for ECNL?

Comment

I love people who add an s to the word anyway. You also are fond of using the word alot, too I am sure. How in the world are you going to pay for ECNL?
                            I'm not the person you responded to but is this really a very educated rebuttal "How in the world are you going to pay for ECNL?"

I'm guessing the parent has a job and makes money. I'm assuming you do the same.

Comment

U R Dense or Alliance LIAR either way U R WRONG

You get an F for paying attention last night. The coaching fees are included in the ALL IN $ numbers posted on the CU website. DK to what degree the managers fees are covered but IME they are not 100%.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X