Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Back home its called "The working mans ballet" but thanks for the thumbs up.
    Did Victor teach ballet? Looked more like twerking...

Sounds like you like whats happening at WT. You gonna abandon ol Vic!?

Comment

Other Way

Did Victor teach ballet? Looked more like twerking...

Sounds like you like whats happening at WT. You gonna abandon ol Vic!?
      Its sounds more like ol Vic is leaving/ abandoning WT_FC

Comment

Its sounds more like ol Vic is leaving/ abandoning WT_FC
        Victor wouldn't fit into the new philosophy anyways. There will always be a market for victor though....whackjob parents that love whistles and 80's Boombox playing Samba music

Comment

Boys 99 Reds

While I don't think this team needs Brett I do feel even with the crazy parents they have managed to stay in RCL 1 by merit plus they are into the knockout stages of state cup will they go all the way probably not.
          Because of ol' Vic there is talk of some of the boys going to the Spartans. I don't think this is the case if you ask most of the normal parents they want to stay in RCL. As I'm aware the Spartans have nothing to offer as we read this so my thoughts are let's put a good coach in place to keep the bulk of the team together.
          Gary's team got killed at RCL 1 with what most would call a decent coach hell he was the DOC so think what a recognized coach would do for the Boo Reds.
          Again there will be the naysayers but the 99s are the only RCL 1 team the club has don't let the team fade due to dis interest

Comment

While I don't think this team needs Brett I do feel even with the crazy parents they have managed to stay in RCL 1 by merit plus they are into the knockout stages of state cup will they go all the way probably not.
            Because of ol' Vic there is talk of some of the boys going to the Spartans. I don't think this is the case if you ask most of the normal parents they want to stay in RCL. As I'm aware the Spartans have nothing to offer as we read this so my thoughts are let's put a good coach in place to keep the bulk of the team together.
            Gary's team got killed at RCL 1 with what most would call a decent coach hell he was the DOC so think what a recognized coach would do for the Boo Reds.
            Again there will be the naysayers but the 99s are the only RCL 1 team the club has don't let the team fade due to dis interest
            Wouldn't be the first time WT_FC had an RCL1 team simply disappear: G97 Reds, G99 Reds are the two latest examples.

Comment

True

Wouldn't be the first time WT_FC had an RCL1 team simply disappear: G97 Reds, G99 Reds are the two latest examples.
              Hopefully with this new and better leadership they won't let that happen.

For a team to reach RCL 1 now will be hard for the timbers now they have lost their voting rights on the league

Comment

Hopefully with this new and better leadership they won't let that happen.

For a team to reach RCL 1 now will be hard for the timbers now they have lost their voting rights on the league
                Yep. Have to start in bottom division and work their way up.

Comment

He has a hell of a resume. I wasn't impressed with his stint in Bend for Oregon Rush. He was practically invisible and seemed to take a hands off approach which is opposite of both John O'Sullivan and Tara who were and are involved, seen, around and generally running the place. Maybe it was timing and he will be better for Washington Timbers, otherwise he will be expensive and not worth it.
                  I agree. Seems like there are some board members of washT on here pumping up this hire. Jacobs has a very good resume but that isn't the whole story. Friends in Bend mentioned he was pretty bad in everything but coaching a team. Fired after less than a year at a club a third the size. I'd suggest waiting before crowning him as the next coming...

Comment

I agree. Seems like there are some board members of washT on here pumping up this hire. Jacobs has a very good resume but that isn't the whole story. Friends in Bend mentioned he was pretty bad in everything but coaching a team. Fired after less than a year at a club a third the size. I'd suggest waiting before crowning him as the next coming...
                    Isn't that what Wa Timbers do? Crown before you have results?

Comment

I'd suggest you pull the stick outta your ass. I think people are excited about Brett for good reason. He's a known guy with a proven track record. Families like him, players like him, coaches like him. Nobody thinks 'he is pretty bad', including people from Bend. Stop making ***** up.

But yes, let's wait and see. That's a fair statement.

Comment

Coaches

During the clinics he gave, none of the coaches wanted to be mentored/tested by him. He's not easy to get along with is what I was told.

Mayne the BoD should have asked coaches what they thought/heard about him, rather than thinking they could make this decision by themselves w/o consulting the people that actually have to work with the individual.

My advice to BJ would be to be more empathic of newer coaches and do so in a manner where he is approachable. The my way or the highway routine will just keep ***C in a tailspin.

There is no warehouse full of ready made coaches, so he'll have to plug in what's(good coaches) there, and coach UP those that need it. He'd be best showing up to games and teaching coaches how to coach/read the game. Coaches today are getting more dialed in than ever on how to run a practice, even if they don't understand the correlation between what they're doing and game play.

The biggest disconnect between these coaches and game play and how to coach the game at pace. Because of this lack of experience, and there is no book that can teach it, the game itself can get away from them.

You can see this is watching how the coach responds to on field issues during the game, in there substitutions, changes in formation, and often times....what comes out of their mouth.

This could be a good/great hire. Only time will tell, and BJ himself needs to decide what kind of TDoC he's going to be. If he's approachable, sets up a number of systems that were lacking, doesn't coach a team, and works directly with coaches during games as well as practices, the club will benefit.

Personally, and that matters not one bit, I didn't like the hire. But, if he sees this club for what it is, understands what it needs, and implements organized systems and achievable standards things could very well change.

The one thing a guy like this is supremely capable of, is identifying and getting rid of a couple of blowhards on the BoD.

Comment

During the clinics he gave, none of the coaches wanted to be mentored/tested by him. He's not easy to get along with is what I was told.

Mayne the BoD should have asked coaches what they thought/heard about him, rather than thinking they could make this decision by themselves w/o consulting the people that actually have to work with the individual.

My advice to BJ would be to be more empathic of newer coaches and do so in a manner where he is approachable. The my way or the highway routine will just keep ***C in a tailspin.

There is no warehouse full of ready made coaches, so he'll have to plug in what's(good coaches) there, and coach UP those that need it. He'd be best showing up to games and teaching coaches how to coach/read the game. Coaches today are getting more dialed in than ever on how to run a practice, even if they don't understand the correlation between what they're doing and game play.

The biggest disconnect between these coaches and game play and how to coach the game at pace. Because of this lack of experience, and there is no book that can teach it, the game itself can get away from them.

You can see this is watching how the coach responds to on field issues during the game, in there substitutions, changes in formation, and often times....what comes out of their mouth.

This could be a good/great hire. Only time will tell, and BJ himself needs to decide what kind of TDoC he's going to be. If he's approachable, sets up a number of systems that were lacking, doesn't coach a team, and works directly with coaches during games as well as practices, the club will benefit.

Personally, and that matters not one bit, I didn't like the hire. But, if he sees this club for what it is, understands what it needs, and implements organized systems and achievable standards things could very well change.

The one thing a guy like this is supremely capable of, is identifying and getting rid of a couple of blowhards on the BoD.
                          Many words in this post. 90% lacking substance.

coaches love this guy. I also know that many coaches were part of the hiring process, not just board coaches either. They have told me they are stoked to bring in a high level teacher of the game. Inspirational, but yes, high expectations.

Comment

hmmmmm

Many words in this post. 90% lacking substance.

coaches love this guy. I also know that many coaches were part of the hiring process, not just board coaches either. They have told me they are stoked to bring in a high level teacher of the game. Inspirational, but yes, high expectations.
                            Hey caveman. I know you lose track of things when anything you read gets above a 50 word count.

Stick with TMZ....it's more, YOU.

Comment

Hey caveman. I know you lose track of things when anything you read gets above a 50 word count.

Stick with TMZ....it's more, YOU.
                              Aww... Did you get your feelings hurt just because your post was called out for lacking substance and accuracy? Well, too bad pansy boy. Go cry to your mommy. maybe next time try post something intelligent. Good day.

Comment

Typical Vancouver parent. Think they know everything. Talk like they are full of it. Cry when someone using intelligence. They are probably at FCP wondering how they got into this.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X