Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SuperDraft

I will be surprised if Timbers take anything but a midfielder or CB at #5.
    Though I would want them to pick a strong forward.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Doesn't matter who they take, still won't be a good team.

Comment

The real point is what everyone is saying about the lack of true talent at the combine. It appears that the Academy systems, Pro 2, etc. are dwindling the true stars from college. I think this is a sign of things to come that in a few years, college soccer will be full of good players (with the occasional player who was "missed" or developed late).

Personally, I believe this can only help US soccer in general.

Comment

The real point is what everyone is saying about the lack of true talent at the combine. It appears that the Academy systems, Pro 2, etc. are dwindling the true stars from college. I think this is a sign of things to come that in a few years, college soccer will be full of good players (with the occasional player who was "missed" or developed late).

Personally, I believe this can only help US soccer in general.
        Exactly, on the men's side, college soccer is quickly becoming simply a sport for students to play while they're at college, not a path on the "road to the pros".

Comment

Exactly, on the men's side, college soccer is quickly becoming simply a sport for students to play while they're at college, not a path on the "road to the pros".
          That is so funny!
          As if there were something wrong with proving ability in college sports before trying to move into pros.
          I mean it works out so terribly for the NBA, MLB, NFL.... oh wait! It doesn't!

MLS does not need to follow old style 'road to pros' programs. They should embrace and leverage college programs for development and proving grounds for players. Saves them from investing in Freddy Adu for one thing....

Comment

Yep, took a midfielder.

Comment

That is so funny!
              As if there were something wrong with proving ability in college sports before trying to move into pros.
              I mean it works out so terribly for the NBA, MLB, NFL.... oh wait! It doesn't!

MLS does not need to follow old style 'road to pros' programs. They should embrace and leverage college programs for development and proving grounds for players. Saves them from investing in Freddy Adu for one thing....
              Then how come the best young players are not bothering with college? There is no player development in college, just a short season of games. Basically wastes 3-4 of the best years of a top player's life.

Comment

Super Draft

that's what's coming in under my door.

Comment

Then how come the best young players are not bothering with college? There is no player development in college, just a short season of games. Basically wastes 3-4 of the best years of a top player's life.
                  That mentality is why...
                  You could say the same thing about basketball players. But then reality sets in.

Comment

That mentality is why...
                    You could say the same thing about basketball players. But then reality sets in.
                    I think you could call it harsh reality but there's always men's league and telling everyone how close you were to being a pro.

Comment

I think you could call it harsh reality but there's always men's league and telling everyone how close you were to being a pro.
                      Ok, now THAT is funny!

Comment

Laugh all you want but we have a dad on our team last season who "coulda and shoulda" went pro. But chose not to. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X