Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Massachusetts

Notices

Massachusetts Discussions about Massachusetts soccer.

Old 02-13-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yeah, so many kids around here going to those schools for sports. Should dial it back to HC, Sacred Heart, Fairfield.
Can't say for sure about all of the school but Duke will have 4 local kids on their roster come this fall. Maybe you should scale your expectations specifically to your kids and let others do the same. Not everyone's kid's suck like apparently yours did.
Old 02-13-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Can't say for sure about all of the school but Duke will have 4 local kids on their roster come this fall. Maybe you should scale your expectations specifically to your kids and let others do the same. Not everyone's kid's suck like apparently yours did.
So this is a message board specifically for 4 players?
Old 02-13-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
So this is a message board specifically for 4 players?
No, not at all, just pointing out that it isn't the private domain of the d3 dad either. Again he should tailor his expectations to his specific situation and leave everyone else to do the same.
Old 02-13-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
No, not at all, just pointing out that it isn't the private domain of the d3 dad either. Again he should tailor his expectations to his specific situation and leave everyone else to do the same.
How can that be, when the Daisy Duke crowd crap all over everyone who wants to play at a high level but realize they probably aren't going to D1?
Old 02-13-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
How can that be, when the Daisy Duke crowd crap all over everyone who wants to play at a high level but realize they probably aren't going to D1?
pick me.. pick me.. Because then like the D3 dad, they lie about it and then go off pontificating ad nauseam about how important education is.
Old 02-13-2018
Unregistered

A better response is, if you are not worried about D1 why are you in a thread about TDS rankings?
Old 02-13-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
A better response is, if you are not worried about D1 why are you in a thread about TDS rankings?
Because whether or not my particular child is on these rankings, doesn't make me that much less interested. I perused it, see some names...chuckle at some.

But, mostly, I'm here to watch the chest puffing.
Old 02-13-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Because whether or not my particular child is on these rankings, doesn't make me that much less interested. I perused it, see some names...chuckle at some.

But, mostly, I'm here to watch the chest puffing.
true that. get a pin before they float away. actually, let em go. hot air balloons watch out.
Old 02-13-2018
Unregistered

TS in One Conversation .
B: My club is better than your club
P Hah, our league is better than your league

B:Who cares? its about the end game, my kid's commitment is better than your kids
P: Uh-uh we were in it for Strong Academics all along

B: Sure, that's why you travelled every other weekend - to get in on grades?
P: Pompous Azz, to see the field at this D3 school, she must have played at highest level

B: Lies! You found nothing behind Door D1.
P: Fool, D1 locked the door and owns your kid. Mine is going to Machu Pichu next fall

B: She's Free, as in free to leave that crappy team
P: Free to get 10 job offers at graduation, where will your D be coaching?

... and it continues
Old 02-14-2018
Unregistered

I just noticed on TD Soccer that the same player was listed twice. Once on the first page and then again on about page 4. Also, a player currently training for FC Barcelona on page 4.
This should tell you how inaccurate and how it relies solely on what the parent puts in.
I would tend o think that an FCB player might be slightly better than 300 other players in the US. Stupid!