•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why so few college coaches in Seattle?

The big tourney got em all.

http://www.ussoccerda.com/college-coach-scout-check-in

You remind me of someone who says well Oregon lost the Pac-12 this year but I'm gonna root for USC vs. Iowa State 'cause they representin' the Pac 12 in the Holiday Bowl.

but .....no Oregon DA. None aka ZERO. Stop promoting the national DA until you can get a team that gets to the playoffs (15% win % aint gonna get you there). Bottom of the crap barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      You remind me of someone who says well Oregon lost the Pac-12 this year but I'm gonna root for USC vs. Iowa State 'cause they representin' the Pac 12 in the Holiday Bowl.

but .....no Oregon DA. None aka ZERO. Stop promoting the national DA until you can get a team that gets to the playoffs (15% win % aint gonna get you there). Bottom of the crap barrel.
      This makes no scentse. Our DA team are focused on development not so much on W/L. Honestly, who cares about winning at the youth stages of US Soccer? As we continue developing players we will begin to see wins rising perhaps with a bit of infusion from ECNL and top club players desiring a change. That being said, the internal development is the thing with GDA and we have seen it unfolding before our eyes. With our new leadership as well, no stopping us now!

Comment

This makes no scentse. Our DA team are focused on development not so much on W/L. Honestly, who cares about winning at the youth stages of US Soccer? As we continue developing players we will begin to see wins rising perhaps with a bit of infusion from ECNL and top club players desiring a change. That being said, the internal development is the thing with GDA and we have seen it unfolding before our eyes. With our new leadership as well, no stopping us now!
        scentse?? LOL No wonder DA won't play HS, they need the extra time in class with parents (or coaches) like this! Unreal

Comment

You remind me of someone who says well Oregon lost the Pac-12 this year but I'm gonna root for USC vs. Iowa State 'cause they representin' the Pac 12 in the Holiday Bowl.but .....no Oregon DA. None aka ZERO. Stop promoting the national DA until you can get a team that gets to the playoffs (15% win % aint gonna get you there). Bottom of the crap barrel.
          Just pointing out how low the attendance of College Coaches was at the US Club event in Seattle. A parent on the sidelines mentioned she had twins who were placed on two different teams in their club, one made the DA squad and the other dd was placed on birthyear 'b' team.

She mentioned that her (DA) daughter told here there were hundreds of coaches heading to San Diego to watch the DA finals and and the mother suggested to me this was a big reason for the poor attendance of college coaches in Seattle. Coaches had to make a choice of what's the best event to scout.

She liked the idea of teams qualifying for a true national championship based on ability (DA) and thought it was a terrible waste of time here families money to fly the other twin across the country to the US Club North America Jamboree as she called it.

Sorry you couldn't see it from her point of view.

Comment

Just pointing out how low the attendance of College Coaches was at the US Club event in Seattle. A parent on the sidelines mentioned she had twins who were placed on two different teams in their club, one made the DA squad and the other dd was placed on birthyear 'b' team.

She mentioned that her (DA) daughter told here there were hundreds of coaches heading to San Diego to watch the DA finals and and the mother suggested to me this was a big reason for the poor attendance of college coaches in Seattle. Coaches had to make a choice of what's the best event to scout.

She liked the idea of teams qualifying for a true national championship based on ability (DA) and thought it was a terrible waste of time here families money to fly the other twin across the country to the US Club North America Jamboree as she called it.

There certainly were a lot of community college coaches in San Diego. Nothing but big D1 school coaches in Seattle. No coaches showing any interest in any Thornz Asylum players however.

San Diego was hosting the national rec soccer championship. If you saw any of the games streamed you would know why there were no coaches from top schools there. Pure thugball bootball at it's best. Funny how there are clubs out there that are even better at Timbers thugball than the Thornz are...

Comment

J
              I ask you this question, if the college coaches have figured out and booked tickets to the DA events over the USYS & US Club events...how long can US Club sell their mantra of ‘get seen’ by coaches when there are so few actually watching?

I suggest the following catch phrases going forward:

‘It’s always Sunny in New Jersey!’

‘Hurricane Houston, baby, we kick up a storm’

‘Seattle is closer than you think’

‘Come watch us retire in Phoenix, we know how to Kick it.’

Marketing 101

Comment

Just because they're window shopping doesn't mean they're buying.

Comment

Just because they're window shopping doesn't mean they're buying.
                  It’s the only store window they want to see.

Comment

Made up BS - There is no family in Oregon that "has DA squad and the other dd was placed on birthyear 'b' team. " Crapola, try again.

Comment

Made up BS - There is no family in Oregon that "has DA squad and the other dd was placed on birthyear 'b' team. " Crapola, try again.
                      What in the story says that the other parent was from Oregon? It simply says a parent on the sideline.

Comment

It is all match up based....the better the match up, the more coaches. I can say for certain that a Thornz team is not getting a ton of coaches at their events. I will bet you the CU15 ECNL team got way more looks.

Comment

It is all match up based....the better the match up, the more coaches. I can say for certain that a Thornz team is not getting a ton of coaches at their events. I will bet you the CU15 ECNL team got way more looks.
                          And you make your money posting things like this. Gotta keep those parents happy. They pay you a lot.

Comment

Really stupid thread even for TS standards. I follow a few D1 programs on social media. Every one of them had coaches at both events with the head coaches dividing time. For now, coaches recognize that there is talent to be found at both places.

The OP of this thread is pretty pathetic trying to manufacture drama where none exists. And by the way if you go on the ECNL website you can find the equally impressive list of coaches who attended Seattle. Or just click here https://admin.totalglobalsports.com/...g.aspx?eid=737

Comment

Really stupid thread even for TS standards. I follow a few D1 programs on social media. Every one of them had coaches at both events with the head coaches dividing time. For now, coaches recognize that there is talent to be found at both places.

The OP of this thread is pretty pathetic trying to manufacture drama where none exists. And by the way if you go on the ECNL website you can find the equally impressive list of coaches who attended Seattle. Or just click here https://admin.totalglobalsports.com/...g.aspx?eid=737
                              In addition, the OP's list contains coaches there to see male players. Seattle list is girls only. AND, the San Diego list contains a separate line for each coach, so in some cases one school has 5 lines which makes the overall list look longer and more impressive. Typical GDA deception.

A more meaningful stat:

Seattle ECNL event had 137 D1 schools attending; 11 D2; 16 D3; and 4 NAIA.

Nice try, OP.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X