Boys 05

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I hear that Mallfoy ended up at Vantucky???

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      100% agree- you don’t get to have it both ways. You don’t get to disparage and talk trash about players over the last 2 years in what you guys so lovingly referred to “little DA”. You can’t hide now and you have to accept and expect that people will talk chit about players coming out of the training grounds of the supposedly “superior” TA. It has been proven that all who were at TA did not deserve to be there, took spots that more deserving players should have occupied and that money and politics are what has run that ship. Infact, I would say there is still fat to be trimmed at TA but training cones are needed. Will the pool be better, sure, but it’s still like putting lipstick on a pig....0
      I've no idea which TA parents are on here talking trash--there appears to be at least one "TA honk", but it is unknown to me who it is, or whether his kid is still there.

But "some parent from some team is obnoxious on the Internet" doesn't mean it's cool to attack kids on that team, even if you think (rightly or wrongly) that the two are related.

Comment

Did I hear that Mallfoy ended up at Vantucky???
        No idea. Malfoy Manor is somewhere in NE Portland, I've heard, so either UPDX or WashT would make since if you don't want too much mileage on your Nimbus 2000, but I have a hard time imagining WashT wanting anything to do with BB. If he made a team fairly, good for him.

As far as UPDX goes--they're clearly in trophy-hunting mode, but they appear to be financially sound. They probably don't need Lucius' money.

Comment

No idea. Malfoy Manor is somewhere in NE Portland, I've heard, so either UPDX or WashT would make since if you don't want too much mileage on your Nimbus 2000, but I have a hard time imagining WashT wanting anything to do with BB. If he made a team fairly, good for him.

As far as UPDX goes--they're clearly in trophy-hunting mode, but they appear to be financially sound. They probably don't need Lucius' money.
          "BB" here refers to pater, not fils, since they have the same initials.

Comment

What trophy is that? Those “additions” do not make them relevant. And at this age it makes no sense for an Oregon kid to play on a Washington team unless they are attending a private school in Washington. The “opposite” seasons make this an issue at highschool ages....

Comment

I've no idea which TA parents are on here talking trash--there appears to be at least one "TA honk", but it is unknown to me who it is, or whether his kid is still there.

But "some parent from some team is obnoxious on the Internet" doesn't mean it's cool to attack kids on that team, even if you think (rightly or wrongly) that the two are related.
              But it’s been ok the last 2 years?? Get over yourself and realize the feelings these comments are creating for you were the same feelings that those that were talked about got. I am not the one making the comments but have zero sympathy for any of you on here that get hurt feelings because someone gives an opinion of your snowflake

Comment

The main interesting impact is that several players in OYSA/Oregon DA are moving to TA next season... and the players being sent back seem to all be headed to UPDX. Why they are doing that instead of returning to their original clubs is disappointing, but I guess that it's true you can't go home again. I don't know how many players we are talking about in each direction total, but WT has lost one, WashT is losing one at least, I imagine CFC might be losing one or two, not sure about FC or ADF. State OYSA champs Eugene might lose one as well. OPFC is probably in a good situation here--they don't seem to be losing anybody.

And I don't know about 4H, Bend, or other OYSA clubs that were towards the top of the table.
                If that group is really going to updx I am willing to lay odds that they are still not a top 5 team in the age group next season. This is assuming no other additions obviously. I just don’t see how they help that much after seeing them at the tryouts. They add almost nothing to that group and are mostly a duplication of what they already have

Comment

What trophy is that? Those “additions” do not make them relevant. And at this age it makes no sense for an Oregon kid to play on a Washington team unless they are attending a private school in Washington. The “opposite” seasons make this an issue at highschool ages....
                  I didn't say UPDX **has** a trophy, just that they are rather blatantly chasing silverware, and seem to be more eager than most clubs to try and bring in ringers rather than develop talent organically.

As far as where BB plays (here referring to the son), that's his and his family's business. They're not at my club, and our DoC is infamous for not giving a hoot about the opinions of parents, even wealthy ones.

If that group is really going to updx I am willing to lay odds that they are still not a top 5 team in the age group next season. This is assuming no other additions obviously. I just don’t see how they help that much after seeing them at the tryouts. They add almost nothing to that group and are mostly a duplication of what they already have.
                  I think JGP is going to TA. Don't know of any other significant additions to (or defections from) UPDX. They do know how to pass the ball around, and some of them are good players... but given that TA's starters last year weren't significantly better than at least a couple of the local DA clubs, TA's bench isn't probably going to move the proverbial needle.

But it’s been ok the last 2 years?? Get over yourself and realize the feelings these comments are creating for you were the same feelings that those that were talked about got. I am not the one making the comments but have zero sympathy for any of you on here that get hurt feelings because someone gives an opinion of your snowflake
                  Not my snowflake.

Comment

I didn't say UPDX **has** a trophy, just that they are rather blatantly chasing silverware, and seem to be more eager than most clubs to try and bring in ringers rather than develop talent organically.

As far as where BB plays (here referring to the son), that's his and his family's business. They're not at my club, and our DoC is infamous for not giving a hoot about the opinions of parents, even wealthy ones.

I think JGP is going to TA. Don't know of any other significant additions to (or defections from) UPDX. They do know how to pass the ball around, and some of them are good players... but given that TA's starters last year weren't significantly better than at least a couple of the local DA clubs, TA's bench isn't probably going to move the proverbial needle.

Not my snowflake.

They are most definitely not ringers and will move the needle very little

You are correct, kids can play anywhere, I was just saying it conflicts once kids get to highschool as Washington plays soccer in the spring not the fall

JGP should not be going to TA, that will be a huge mistake if I have ever seen one.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2492500]Washington Rush is a bad team, and there's plenty of evidence of that without picking on specific players, especially ones that aren't the subject of this thread. According to what I've heard, RH will be at UPDX next year, along with (most of) the other players dropped from TA. Even though he's not coming back to Westside, Copa Dad is slightly annoyed at what appears to be a gratuitous cheap shot. You can

Haha- do you need a cry towel?

Comment

Washington Timbers 5, FC Portland 3! Four goals for GS and a brace for AP!

Comment

XFire 4 - UPDX 0

Not much to recap.

Comment

Washington Timbers 5, FC Portland 3! Four goals for GS and a brace for AP!
                            So GS has 21 and ML has how many?

Comment

So GS has 21 and ML has how many?
                              Not sure about ml but I know AP is it first with 22 now

Comment

They are most definitely not ringers and will move the needle very little

You are correct, kids can play anywhere, I was just saying it conflicts once kids get to highschool as Washington plays soccer in the spring not the fall

JGP should not be going to TA, that will be a huge mistake if I have ever seen one.
                                From what I hear, the coach at UPDX is not very good.
                                The coach will be the same next so expect more of the same.
                                I think the model is recruiting over development.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X