Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm done ranting about LIJSL. I don't like the way they function and that's that. They did great things for soccer on Long Island, they really did. And could again if they change to be more modern. Gone are the times the "soccer mom" is a stay at home mom and has time to burn. Schedules are more packed, we work long hours, kids do more, parents expect communications and common sense. Until LIJSL figures out the Cleavers are dead they will be a second class league to me.

Now, back on topic. BoTN is not worth the time it takes to read the messages.
    But just you wait breaking news is coming.....

Just kidding. That's all Larry has to draw people. That Danilo news I'm sure is coming any second...nope!

Comment

But just you wait breaking news is coming.....

Just kidding. That's all Larry has to draw people. That Danilo news I'm sure is coming any second...nope!
      I gotta give it to Surf here, they are making Larry look like such a fool. I love it.

How stupid does this man look every time he says he has something to post then nothing.

Comment

I gotta give it to Surf here, they are making Larry look like such a fool. I love it.

How stupid does this man look every time he says he has something to post then nothing.
        But do you think they're directing him or he's simply making everything up? My hunch is it's the later. Surf doesn't across looking good in any of this, not matter how LM is involved

Comment

LM is digging up bodies again - dragged up some old thread from 2013, not even sure what it was about, and posted it "anonymously". A dig at someone who is involved with Barca it looks like.

Comment

LM is digging up bodies again - dragged up some old thread from 2013, not even sure what it was about, and posted it "anonymously". A dig at someone who is involved with Barca it looks like.
            link http://www.backofthenet.com/62rd/ubb...opics/520853/2

Comment

I wouldn't necessarily be quick to blame LM. Bart Nason really did rip-off a lot of people so he has a lot of "Friends"

Comment

Here's a post that was blocked by Larry. Larry, the kids left in droves at kk who you claim is the best trainer. If he was good and treated people right most would stay. But they ran so fast once they felt they had a chance. The reason is he's not a good person. Pompous to be exact. He does not care about most of the kids and hopefully one day you'll realize the truth. I wish him no harm but I'm glad we are no longer there. I know many who feel the same. You tout him like he's good for youth soccer but that couldn't be further from the truth. Barca is a blessing.

Comment

Here's a post that was blocked by Larry. Larry, the kids left in droves at kk who you claim is the best trainer. If he was good and treated people right most would stay. But they ran so fast once they felt they had a chance. The reason is he's not a good person. Pompous to be exact. He does not care about most of the kids and hopefully one day you'll realize the truth. I wish him no harm but I'm glad we are no longer there. I know many who feel the same. You tout him like he's good for youth soccer but that couldn't be further from the truth. Barca is a blessing.
                  You really must have an issue with KK to consider another club a blessing that hasn't even had a season together. I am with neither club, I can not comment on Barça because no one has ever played against them but with KK I always felt it was a strong team. When my son would face them in league play or a tournament we knew we had our work cut out for us. Always strong competitive games.

I'll tell you something I've learned over the years. Good coaches aren't perfect people, there like idiot savants. Really good at coaching the game, not so good at organizational and/or people skills.

Sometimes the best coach for your child isn't necessarily the one you see eye to eye with most of the time. Good luck with your child

Comment

You really must have an issue with KK to consider another club a blessing that hasn't even had a season together. I am with neither club, I can not comment on Barça because no one has ever played against them but with KK I always felt it was a strong team. When my son would face them in league play or a tournament we knew we had our work cut out for us. Always strong competitive games.

I'll tell you something I've learned over the years. Good coaches aren't perfect people, there like idiot savants. Really good at coaching the game, not so good at organizational and/or people skills.

Sometimes the best coach for your child isn't necessarily the one you see eye to eye with most of the time. Good luck with your child
                    You make some good points. But KK is not good at coaching the game. He is a decent trainer. What he does do is attract good players. But his service is so bad that once a place opened that will attract good talent the kids and parents left him in droves. That says something. Actually says a lot about kk and his coaching and the person he is. I guess if you were there you would understand. I’m glad I’m out of there. But following your logic, why did so many leave kk to a club who hasn’t played a game ? That’s the question. Many good players top players left not the so called bench warmers. Look I’m just one parent. But so many left. For me I was going to another club at the end of the season anyway so I’ll give Barca a chance. Looks like they attracted some good talent. Time will tell. I’m Just glad that my son is no longer playing for him as many other parents obviously feel the same. Good luck with your child and good luck to all that stayed with him. I hope it works out for them.

Comment

There is no secret to providing soccer training. The best trainer in the world only makes minor improvements to players. Don't get me wrong, a bad trainer can make a player worse and teach them bad habits. But outside of the goalkeeper, there is nothing technically challenging about soccer that can't be taught to a motivated player by age 10 by just about anyone with an inkling on how to play the game. The success of a club like KK is based on their ability to attract those motivated, and inherently gifted, players to their programs, not because they have some unique training programs.

When KK started out they had the advantage of being a nearby indoor facility to a huge yet poorly managed club (Sachem). And as such they were able to build a great program rather easily despite the fact that they had terrible customer service and treated their parents like crap.

However, with all of the pop up "academy's" now littering the landscape, people have options and KK's poor customer service is biting them in the ass. I do think that Kurt is a good trainer, a great trainer with goalkeepers, but people are beginning to realize that they can find that anywhere.

Comment

They did lose a lot of kids though and a bunch of girls recently left after the Sachem announcement. It is a tough environment now with a lot of completion. KK is not the same club as what it was and I neither like nor hate them.

Comment

They did lose a lot of kids though and a bunch of girls recently left after the Sachem announcement. It is a tough environment now with a lot of completion. KK is not the same club as what it was and I neither like nor hate them.
                          Where did they go?

Comment

There is no secret to providing soccer training. The best trainer in the world only makes minor improvements to players. Don't get me wrong, a bad trainer can make a player worse and teach them bad habits. But outside of the goalkeeper, there is nothing technically challenging about soccer that can't be taught to a motivated player by age 10 by just about anyone with an inkling on how to play the game. The success of a club like KK is based on their ability to attract those motivated, and inherently gifted, players to their programs, not because they have some unique training programs.
                            I think for sure people put too much emphasis on trainers. The reality is technical skill comes from working outside of team hours. Trainers can improve kids but the biggest factor is that getting competitive kids together results in the rising tide lifting all boats. The best thing a trainer can do is recognize talent and put the kids in a situation where they are playing together and maximizing the use of the 4-5 hours per week they get for practice. The competition leads to the kids playing more in their free time and the result is the whole team gets better. The trainer typically doesn't have to teach, they just have to see who does what best and put the kids into complimentary positions on the field.

Comment

Where did they go?
                              East Meadow

Comment

positive posts on BOTN are few and far between.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X