Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Amazing how folks seem to think it is just fine to get into other people's personal business. One would have to ask why the college choices - or the reasons behind them - of kids other than your own are even any of your concern? Even more remarkable is that people like you think it's OK to offer (humbly, of course) unsolicited advice to other families by way of an anonymous web forum. Pay attention to your own life, and leave everyone else to their own. I feel sorry for you that no one ever taught you how to MYOB.
    It takes a village. Or in your case, a village idiot.

Comment

Amazing how folks seem to think it is just fine to get into other people's personal business. One would have to ask why the college choices - or the reasons behind them - of kids other than your own are even any of your concern? Even more remarkable is that people like you think it's OK to offer (humbly, of course) unsolicited advice to other families by way of an anonymous web forum. Pay attention to your own life, and leave everyone else to their own. I feel sorry for you that no one ever taught you how to MYOB.
      What are you doing on TS? This place is the epitome of Not minding your own business. For every nugget of good info on here, there's dozens of nasty, agenda-driven screeds that bash clubs, leagues, coaches and players.

I find it pretty entertaining, at times, but it's no place for Pollyannas.

Comment

Seriously, how short a memory to do the Scorpions supporters think others have. Some of you might want to revisit some of the old threads before you start complaining about how you are viewed in the present day.
        Yes, I forgot about that email. It certainly does put the question of what is happening with the current U17s into a different light. The bottom line is if you are going to make the sales claims you had better be able to back them up.

Comment

Yes, I forgot about that email. It certainly does put the question of what is happening with the current U17s into a different light. The bottom line is if you are going to make the sales claims you had better be able to back them up.
          My, my what a lighting bolt the ECNL is.

Seriously, there is nothing untruthful about the email. Only a moron would pick apart a sales pitch any other way.

Do you still need to be an elite player to go to an elite program? Of course.
          Are there other avenues available? Of course.
          Does the ECNL format itself allow for more opportunity to be seen? Having been at both ECNL showcases and standard college showcases, I think so.
          Is it a guarantee? Absolutely not.

It is as simple as that.

Comment

My, my what a lighting bolt the ECNL is.

Seriously, there is nothing untruthful about the email. Only a moron would pick apart a sales pitch any other way.

Do you still need to be an elite player to go to an elite program? Of course.
            Are there other avenues available? Of course.
            Does the ECNL format itself allow for more opportunity to be seen? Having been at both ECNL showcases and standard college showcases, I think so.
            Is it a guarantee? Absolutely not.

It is as simple as that.
            Ok, let's minimize just how big a drop off there has been since that email was written and where we are now.

Comment

Ok, let's minimize just how big a drop off there has been since that email was written and where we are now.
              Blah blah blah. I presume nobody has been forcing you to drink any of the Scorpions Koolaid over the years, so your agenda is as transparent as can be. Keep on harping, maybe somebody will eventually care.

Comment

Blah blah blah. I presume nobody has been forcing you to drink any of the Scorpions Koolaid over the years, so your agenda is as transparent as can be. Keep on harping, maybe somebody will eventually care.
                Blah, blah, blah, guess when you suck and over sell your product that people are just supposed to roll over and forget it.

Comment

Blah, blah, blah, guess when you suck and over sell your product that people are just supposed to roll over and forget it.
                  Fine, go buy someone else's product. Move on already.

Comment

Why is the criticism some how unwarranted or inaccurate? Just because you may not want to read it that doesn't mean that these issues should be buried under the rug.

Comment

Why is the criticism some how unwarranted or inaccurate? Just because you may not want to read it that doesn't mean that these issues should be buried under the rug.
                      There's a pretty big gap between attacking like a shark seeing blood in the water and something being buried under the rug? Who buried anything? And what would make you suggest that criticism is warranted? Was the motivation behind starting this thread warranted? More relevantly, what is the goal here?

Comment

All of this is simple, when you spend years bragging about how great you are, when you stop being great you end up getting your nose rubbed in it. That's life, no need to make what is being said here into anything more than that.

Comment

All of this is simple, when you spend years bragging about how great you are, when you stop being great you end up getting your nose rubbed in it. That's life, no need to make what is being said here into anything more than that.
                          Then by all means, have at it, and knock yourself out. But let's drop the bit about "warranted."

Comment

Why is their criticism not warranted ? They have obviously felt free to criticize other clubs pretty freely, why shouldn't they get their noses rubbed in it?

Comment

Why is their criticism not warranted ? They have obviously felt free to criticize other clubs pretty freely, why shouldn't they get their noses rubbed in it?
                              And all of those people are long gone, except one I suppose, who, judging by your derision is really your target. Fair enough I suppose, but in case you didn't get the memo, the club is under new management and judging soley by the records of the younger teams (which is all most people seem concerned with), they seem to have righted the ship.

Of course there is a 3-4 year window where the whole BB/PM defection really damaged them and to a lesser extent the departure of KD (although that seems to be a whole different soap opera in that she didn't last half a season with Stars, but whatever).

You seem most concerned with this specific age group, as out of all of them, they have been your target for years. Fine, so you have some inner knowledge and did not get treated well, it's personal, yet it happens to everyone at some point, although all you do is bash people you do not know and have zero understanding of, and that is quite sad.

I do ask you this. In 5 years or so, will you take a similar approach with NEFC, as their U14 parents and backers seem to have much in common with the big bad Scorpions of old. They have been unbearable since U10. Every business has it's rise and fall, and someday they will too will falter as it is inevitable and one the very few truisms left.

That said, it makes no sense to me to even consider bashing them in the future, as this is, and always was, a kids game.

Comment

And all of those people are long gone, except one I suppose, who, judging by your derision is really your target. Fair enough I suppose, but in case you didn't get the memo, the club is under new management and judging soley by the records of the younger teams (which is all most people seem concerned with), they seem to have righted the ship.

Of course there is a 3-4 year window where the whole BB/PM defection really damaged them and to a lesser extent the departure of KD (although that seems to be a whole different soap opera in that she didn't last half a season with Stars, but whatever).

You seem most concerned with this specific age group, as out of all of them, they have been your target for years. Fine, so you have some inner knowledge and did not get treated well, it's personal, yet it happens to everyone at some point, although all you do is bash people you do not know and have zero understanding of, and that is quite sad.

I do ask you this. In 5 years or so, will you take a similar approach with NEFC, as their U14 parents and backers seem to have much in common with the big bad Scorpions of old. They have been unbearable since U10. Every business has it's rise and fall, and someday they will too will falter as it is inevitable and one the very few truisms left.

That said, it makes no sense to me to even consider bashing them in the future, as this is, and always was, a kids game.
                                This age group has some very talented teams - Stars ECNL, Stars NPL, NEFC NPL. In my opinion, I think the reason that this Scorpions team is targeted is that their group of parents are more vocal and more publicly obnoxious than the three teams mentioned above and who I believe could and would beat this Scorpions team. And honestly by extension some of these kids are chips off the old block in arrogance, etc. I don't think anyone would equate this team with class. Stars and NEFC win quietly and go about their business.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X