X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a strong girls club team in Metrowest area

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Scorpions/Breakers West is also about 30 minutes for practice and have a very good U10 team and a good U11 team. Not to sure about U13.
    KINGS FC parent here...the other clubs being mentioned are definitely bigger and older clubs but not necessarily the best quality. I do understand that NEFC, MPS, Scorpions have top teams and then many lower division teams that are really not that good. KINGS FC operates with only one team per age group (not from a lack of numbers...they had over 50 girls at GU10 tryouts last June).

Last month the GU10 and GU11 team beat the Breakers Scorpions West top GU10 and GU11 teams and the GU13 squad has a State Cup game against NEFC Elite NPL this Sunday. This game should tell us more!

Comment

You forgot to mention the result of the other scrimmage. A very good team you have and we enjoyed playing you and hope to do so again.

Comment

The NEFC post was looking for a slam.
        Exactly.

Hopefully that shows the OP what type of parents are drawn to that club (and that includes some of your new found neighbors if they are who I think they are). Just tread carefully.

Comment

Exactly.

Hopefully that shows the OP what type of parents are drawn to that club (and that includes some of your new found neighbors if they are who I think they are). Just tread carefully.
          And you know this was written by an NEFC parent how??

Comment

KINGS FC parent here...the other clubs being mentioned are definitely bigger and older clubs but not necessarily the best quality. I do understand that NEFC, MPS, Scorpions have top teams and then many lower division teams that are really not that good. KINGS FC operates with only one team per age group (not from a lack of numbers...they had over 50 girls at GU10 tryouts last June).

Last month the GU10 and GU11 team beat the Breakers Scorpions West top GU10 and GU11 teams and the GU13 squad has a State Cup game against NEFC Elite NPL this Sunday. This game should tell us more!
            No disrespect to Kings, but you are nowhere near any of the top clubs' top teams. It's a starter club and while it's great that you had 50 kids at U10 tryouts, the bigger clubs will have close to 100. Not saying the Kings teams aren't bad, but there is no Kings team that is remotely close to any of the top teams around. You may get there eventually, but you're a young club and earning your stripes. JMO.

Comment

with one exception, but if you don't care about ECNL, then yes.
              You don't realize but 99% of soccer players/parents really don't care about ECNL, especially at younger ages. Some clubs have passed Stars and Scorpions in terms of talent and that's going to continue.

Comment

And you know this was written by an NEFC parent how??
                Been on this board long enough

Comment

You don't realize but 99% of soccer players/parents really don't care about ECNL, especially at younger ages. Some clubs have passed Stars and Scorpions in terms of talent and that's going to continue.
                  To the OP: you received your most accurate and honest answers from the first few responses. Thereafter, the club advertisements have begun and will continue until this thread dies.

Comment

NEFC passed Stars based on what? Not quantity or quality of recent sophomore/junior college commitments as the facts show. I suppose you have a good subjective argument though, and the college coaches are all wrong? NEFC is good and has some good teams, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Comment

Really? Which clubs? This should be fun.

Comment

Let's see a list of the clubs that have teams that can consistently beat the top Stars teams, especially because you said clubS (plural). NEFC might have a team or two that are arguably even, but not consistently better. No other MA-based clubs are close.

Comment

To the OP

I would recommend NEFC. We joined them in the last few years and they are great to be a part of. I can pnly attest to the elite team and we are happy. I would suggest you call the coach of the U13 or U14 whichever division your girl plays for. The U14 elite team went to nationals and just missed the national championship game on a tie breaker. If you daughter is on that stage then call them and workout with the team and get a look. That level would be hard because they are really good. I will not comment on the other programs Stars, Scorps etc because we have never been a part of them and I will not talk on something I dont know. They all seem to place girls into college and play in major tournaments in the top brackets. Good luck in your search and welcome to MASS. The HS you have is a great program and the kids will love it. Dont exclude any club they may be the best fit for your child.

Comment

NEFC passed Stars based on what? Not quantity or quality of recent sophomore/junior college commitments as the facts show. I suppose you have a good subjective argument though, and the college coaches are all wrong? NEFC is good and has some good teams, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.
                            Here's my observation - Stars has been around for many years and built up quite a reputation, so they've attracted some great talent. If you currently look at U 16 and below, NEFC is better than Stars in most age groups. Because of NEFC's relatively young existence they have slowly been edging closer to where they are comparable if not stronger. You mention college, but I'll go the NT route where NEFC has sent 3 players to NT camps in the last year. How many players has Stars sent to NT camp last year? NEFC has had players recruited by colleges but expect that to increase over the next few years. This shows the growth and strength of the club and it's not going to slow down any time soon. Just need to be able to co-exist.

Comment

Let's see a list of the clubs that have teams that can consistently beat the top Stars teams, especially because you said clubS (plural). NEFC might have a team or two that are arguably even, but not consistently better. No other MA-based clubs are close.
                              Okay - MPS has had some stronger teams than Stars. You can't bring up consistently, because these teams don't play on a consistent basis, so I can only go on recent results, so I would say that NEFC has beaten Stars more from U16 down. Look at head to head records over the last two years and you'll see for yourself. If you're too lazy, I'll do it for you later.

Comment

The score of the NEFC v Kings game was 9-0 NEFC. It must have been the sun. Hopefully a wake up call for the KINGS parents who think that their little club is the same as the big boys. Just stay in maple and be happy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X