Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Stop. this argument have been discussed many times and no one will agree.
    And one result does not mean teams are close.
    Can't have it both ways. Aztecs came on here Sunday flaunting their 2-0 win over NEFC Premier that they were just as good and deserved to be a top team, but now we should disregard the fact they barely beat FC Bolts 1-0.

Aztecs claims they are a much better team because they added these stud Stars NPL players, but now claim that it was the NYNPL leauge that made them better, not the players. Please make up your mind!

The point is there is enough competition in New England that teams do not need to travel. I agree that playing against good competition makes a team better, but if you can get that locally why the need to travel.

Comment

To travel to new york 2 times and new jersey once isnt bad. Take a maple team theyre attending tournaments all over. Nsu was supposed to go to manhattan and baltimore in one weekend. Id much rather have competitive league with spread out travel thats not to far. Teams who went to baltimore probably spent more money in one weekend counting flights and all than the npl teams did all season
      Don't kid yourself, two 3-4 hour drives one way per month including a night (or two) in a hotel in between game days gets expensive. Add meals and the room rate, gas and tolls, not to mention the lost days of school for some and/or lost time for studying and it's a wash. Aztecs and GPS have improved for sure; but not sure they couldn't have gotten to the same place playing a top division in either Maple or NEP.

Neither team can compete with NEFC Elite and would struggle against Stars NPL and be utterly defeated by Stars ECNL. You can get better by staying local. That said, NY NPL seems to have better competition relatively speaking for its members than Northeast NPL does for Stars.

Comment

Can't have it both ways. Aztecs came on here Sunday flaunting their 2-0 win over NEFC Premier that they were just as good and deserved to be a top team, but now we should disregard the fact they barely beat FC Bolts 1-0.

Aztecs claims they are a much better team because they added these stud Stars NPL players, but now claim that it was the NYNPL leauge that made them better, not the players. Please make up your mind!

The point is there is enough competition in New England that teams do not need to travel. I agree that playing against good competition makes a team better, but if you can get that locally why the need to travel.
        I dont see anywhere where Aztecs flaunted anything. And the 1-0 over Bolts was a result of the team playing poorly which happens. As poorly as they played they had quite a few clear cut chances in the second half to make the score look a lot better. That does not mean that week in week out playing a team like the Bolts (no disrespect-worked very hard)
        would be beneficial.
        Is there enough competition in New England. Yes there is. But there is also a disparity in leagues,interests etc. which lead to choosing the best option for the group and learning from there. I hope this clarifies it for you. Thanks

Comment

Aztecs never made a claim that they added stud Stars NPL players to be much better.

Comment

I dont see anywhere where Aztecs flaunted anything. And the 1-0 over Bolts was a result of the team playing poorly which happens. As poorly as they played they had quite a few clear cut chances in the second half to make the score look a lot better. That does not mean that week in week out playing a team like the Bolts (no disrespect-worked very hard)
            would be beneficial.
            Is there enough competition in New England. Yes there is. But there is also a disparity in leagues,interests etc. which lead to choosing the best option for the group and learning from there. I hope this clarifies it for you. Thanks
            GU14 rankings:

"Let us know when Aztec BEATS (not ties or loses by two) one of the two NEFC teams or Stars teams or actually wins a decent flight in a tournament. Pretty simple. You can't make a team better than..."

I believe someone just let you know...

To each his own I guess.....the point is the disparity between teams is not as great as one would like to believe. Any given Sunday as they say, a team can play well, a team can play poorly.

Comment

Aztecs never made a claim that they added stud Stars NPL players to be much better.
              GU14 Rankings, proof of the bragging and change in team.

Post: AZTECS weren't in the conversation this time last year and they haven't played anyone besides NPL.

Response: They also got 6 new players this year. They are a completely different team from last year. This weekend they won the NEFC Tournament with 0 goals against. Only reason they wernt in the top bracket is because NEFC put 3 teams in the top bracket.

Fuller Hamlets- won 3-0
              Fabrose Fusions- won 2-0
              NHPSA- won 1-0
              Oakwood- won 3-0

NEFC Elite only beat Oakwood 1-0 and in a past comment someone put Oakwood and PDA in the same comparison, so clearly Aztec is doing something right.

Post: Since when is losing by two goals a victory in soccer? That's not a close game. This isn't basketball or football.

Response: HIGHLY disagree. And I think Aztec NPL would beat Stars NPL. Thought they were a good team when we played them. They have several players from last year's second stars team.

Of course these posts didn't come directly from Aztecs parents, just folks who know the Stars NPL players?

Comment

GU14 rankings:

"Let us know when Aztec BEATS (not ties or loses by two) one of the two NEFC teams or Stars teams or actually wins a decent flight in a tournament. Pretty simple. You can't make a team better than..."

I believe someone just let you know...

To each his own I guess.....the point is the disparity between teams is not as great as one would like to believe. Any given Sunday as they say, a team can play well, a team can play poorly.
                And a team can have a lucky break by being in an easy bracket.

Comment

GU14 Rankings, proof of the bragging and change in team.

Post: AZTECS weren't in the conversation this time last year and they haven't played anyone besides NPL.

Response: They also got 6 new players this year. They are a completely different team from last year. This weekend they won the NEFC Tournament with 0 goals against. Only reason they wernt in the top bracket is because NEFC put 3 teams in the top bracket.

Fuller Hamlets- won 3-0
                  Fabrose Fusions- won 2-0
                  NHPSA- won 1-0
                  Oakwood- won 3-0

NEFC Elite only beat Oakwood 1-0 and in a past comment someone put Oakwood and PDA in the same comparison, so clearly Aztec is doing something right.

Post: Since when is losing by two goals a victory in soccer? That's not a close game. This isn't basketball or football.

Response: HIGHLY disagree. And I think Aztec NPL would beat Stars NPL. Thought they were a good team when we played them. They have several players from last year's second stars team.

Of course these posts didn't come directly from Aztecs parents, just folks who know the Stars NPL players?
                  Thoroughly confused. Adding Stars players who were cut does not equal "adding stud Stars NPL players". Aztecs is doing something right. Deal with it.

Comment

any results from these games?

05-06-14 7:30 PM G14-17 NEFC - 14 Elite GPS - Lady Knights
                    05-05-14 6:00 PM G14-19 GPS - Elite Stars of MA - C. Utd.
                    05-06-14 8:00 PM G14-20 NEFC - Premier South Shore Select
                    05-06-14 7:30 PM G14-23 Aztec Soccer FC Gr. Boston

Comment

SS Select won over NEFC Pre. 3 -2

Comment

NEFC must have been missing players.

Comment

Boom. First upset. Oh and isn't that Maple team that beat a region 1 premier league team?

Comment

is this score accurate?

Comment

NEFC must have been missing players.
                              Let the excuses begin.....

Comment

I doubt Cinderella will be dancing for long.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X